Need guidance about hard disk drive & pen drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilogist

Keep Up The Good Work
hello friends, i need some troubleshooting from you all. :)

1. i have a old hdd which was my second hdd comes with my hcl computer 3 years ago.
specifications : seagate, model ST320014A, 20GB, IDE, ATA100, 5400 RPM HDD.
PROBLEM : i want to make it a portable backup drive for my office work, but i am unable to connect it with my Intel 915gv mobo. i don't know where the cable socket goes!:confused: so pls , if any tricks are there, tell me asap.:?:
pics are attached :

OP
mobilogist

mobilogist

Keep Up The Good Work
2. Some days ago, one of my friend give me a pendrive. it looked normal but have a sticker on it qouting capacity of 20 gb(!!!!!!!!!). i got surprised when i inserted in my office pc & by looking on properties (image attached), it really showed 20.4 gb!!!

Now the problem is that, whenever we both tried to copy files from the drive more than 60% of the data got corrupted. when i enquire about the source where he get it, he named "bhagirath palace" in new delhi. when we called the dealer he said the rive is chinese & there is no waranty etc on it. my friend is shocked & his 560 rs gets sunk.

so i tried google to fix it myself & used the apps named iformat etc. to fix it, but no result is found.

now i am here to need a wor of suggestion form u all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom