need gpu, ssd mouse and psu. help a brother out wont ya?

paul.rohit

Broken In
hello. sorry in advance for the long post.

ok so here are my specs:

cpu : Intel i5 2500 3.30 Ghz
mobo : asus p8p67 pro replaced with Asus p8z68 v pro gen3
ram : gskill ripjaws ddr3 1600 Mhz
gpu : Zotac gtx 560 ti amp! X 2
psu : seasonic 750w
hdd : seagate 1TB X 2
cabinet: CM 690
keyboard: razer black widow
mouse: roccat kova

So what happened was that after about 2 years with this setup and pure gaming bliss i started getting checkered screens (chessboard patterns on some parts of my windows) and BSODs..one day the pc refused to start at all. i took it RMA and they discovered that one of the tracks on my motherboard was burnt. they said it was because of the faulty earthing in my room. they replaced the mobo with the z68 version and said the rest of the parts were working fine. i took it back and it worked fine for a few days but started again. assuming i was because of the "faulty earthing" i unwittingly took out the dual gpus and it has been working fine since except one day when i heard sparks and a perceived a burning smell from my psu. so I've decided to replace my psu and the gpu. I'm not considering that it is actually a problem with my earthing because i had that tested and it seemed fine. my theory is the faulty psu cant take the load of the two gpus and that's what is causing problems.so please a recommend a gpu (30k to 50k) and a more than sufficient psu( no budget). im a moderate enthusiast and don't like skimping out on ultra settings. Also, an ssd for the boot drive (at least 128 gb adn within 15k ) . my mouse is busted too and thinking of getting the death adder. i would l've your opinions and suggestions regarding my problem and of course the choice of components. thank you for helping :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Always use a Surge Protector or Spike Guard. Connect the spike guard to the switchboard and then connect the PSU cable to the Spike Guard. It helps you to handle the sudden spikes created during voltage fluctuations to harm your PC and might be a reason for continuous failure of the PSU.

Now suggestion for the components you have asked for:-

SSD: Transcend 256GB SSD (TS256GSSD340) @ 8.98K (*www.flipkart.com/transcend-256-gb-...=ssd&ref=5dee01bd-666f-454f-bd83-513704bfd8c7)
Graphics Card: I think you are using 1080P display and for that you don't need to spend more than 40K. Get the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB GDDR5 version available around 35.6K (*mdcomputers.in/sapphire-graphics-card-r9-290-4gb-ddr5-tri-x.html?search=R9 290). This is even enough to handle games in QHD resolution (2560X1440). You will be safe for 1080P resolution for some years with it.
PSU: In your case, even the replacement PSU from Seasonic will do the job. But if you feel that PSU is the culprit then opt for Corsair TX series. Corsair TX750 V2 @ 7.3K will be enough (*mdcomputers.in/products/smps/corsair-smps-tx-750-v2.html&filter=MANUFFUNAM=CORSAIR=32=MANUFACTURER).

Now some other components. I think you are not using any UPS. Better invest in one and believe me not having one can damage your computer more than anything. I got my PSU kaput 2 times during high voltage fluctuation and power cut and got the APC 1.1KVA after learning the lesson in a hard way. So get the APC 1.1 KVA Black at 5.5K.
Spike Gurad or Surge Proctector: *www.flipkart.com/belkin-4-socket-s...uard&ref=7945e75e-baa6-465d-9896-4ca2c9145518

ravi847

Journeyman
[MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] Do we need a spike guard or surge protector even when we have a ups.
isn't the surge protector built-in in a ups??

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
^^ Always use a Surge Protector or Spike Guard. Connect the spike guard to the switchboard and then connect the PSU cable to the Spike Guard. It helps you to handle the sudden spikes created during voltage fluctuations to harm your PC and might be a reason for continuous failure of the PSU.

Now suggestion for the components you have asked for:-

SSD: Transcend 256GB SSD (TS256GSSD340) @ 8.98K (*www.flipkart.com/transcend-256-gb-...=ssd&ref=5dee01bd-666f-454f-bd83-513704bfd8c7)
Graphics Card: I think you are using 1080P display and for that you don't need to spend more than 40K. Get the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB GDDR5 version available around 35.6K (*mdcomputers.in/sapphire-graphics-card-r9-290-4gb-ddr5-tri-x.html?search=R9 290). This is even enough to handle games in QHD resolution (2560X1440). You will be safe for 1080P resolution for some years with it.
PSU: In your case, even the replacement PSU from Seasonic will do the job. But if you feel that PSU is the culprit then opt for Corsair TX series. Corsair TX750 V2 @ 7.3K will be enough (*mdcomputers.in/products/smps/corsair-smps-tx-750-v2.html&filter=MANUFFUNAM=CORSAIR=32=MANUFACTURER).

Now some other components. I think you are not using any UPS. Better invest in one and believe me not having one can damage your computer more than anything. I got my PSU kaput 2 times during high voltage fluctuation and power cut and got the APC 1.1KVA after learning the lesson in a hard way. So get the APC 1.1 KVA Black at 5.5K.
Spike Gurad or Surge Proctector: *www.flipkart.com/belkin-4-socket-s...uard&ref=7945e75e-baa6-465d-9896-4ca2c9145518
[MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] thank you so much.im kind of a die hard green team player, so can you recommend an nvidia equivalent?
also, are there corsair equivalents for the ssd, ive heard theyre the better performers as far as ssd is concerned :).

hitesh

In the zone
Which monitor do you have ? Also I'm presuming you are a serious gamer, right ?
EDIT : The reason I'm asking this is because if I had a budget of 50k, I had upgrade my monitor too.

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
Which monitor do you have ? Also I'm presuming you are a serious gamer, right ?
EDIT : The reason I'm asking this is because if I had a budget of 50k, I had upgrade my monitor too.

i have a tv i connect my pc up to. also i dont want to play at resolutions beyond 1080p..anyway im using a 21 inch samsung monitor

hitesh

In the zone
i have a tv i connect my pc up to. also i dont want to play at resolutions beyond 1080p..anyway im using a 21 inch samsung monitor
If I were you, I would get a 144hz monitor or tv

If monitor then this would be my plan
Sell 2 560tis for 15k. Monitor for 6k (right price? not sure). You got 21k there.
Total budget now - 71k
Now buy a Benq XL2720T for 35k
Money left - 36k
Nice! You can still buy that ultimate gpu (r9 290) !

If TV would something similar, but I'm not familiar with 144hz tv's right now so can't recommend

Cilus

laborare est orare
[MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] thank you so much.im kind of a die hard green team player, so can you recommend an nvidia equivalent?
also, are there corsair equivalents for the ssd, ive heard theyre the better performers as far as ssd is concerned :).

GTX 780 is the nVidia equivalent but cost will be 45K+ and on that price you can get a R9 290X which is again more powerful. Regarding SSD, it is not like that the SSD from any brand is better. It mainly depends upon the controller you are using to control the SSD. Check the review here: *www.anandtech.com/show/6597/transcend-ssd320-ssd720-256gb-review/3 and decide. In my opinion, the Transcend SSD is real value for money in Indian scenarios where other SSD offerings are pricy.

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
ive ordered a deathadder and the recommended ups and the spikeguard from belkin. still have the ssd and the gpu and the psu to go..are there any drawbacks of taking the amd card as the price difference between them is huge..any at all?

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is no drawback of taking AMD cards and R9 290 Tri-X from Sapphire is a real good card which performs similarly like a GTX 780 while available at 10K less price. Plus you will get Mantle and True Audio support which will provide you better performance and Gaming Audio quality in Mantle optimized games and believe me, it is not like PhysX where only a handful of games are available. A lot of mainstream titles like BF4, Thief and even the Cry Engine are MAntle optimized. Also don't forget the compute performance of GCN architecture.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I'm just posting the comparison between R9 290 and GTX 780. Decide accordingly:-
*www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1068?vs=1036

Top Bottom