Need for Tariff Review on Unlimited Home Broadband plans by Various ISP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinja

The Demun
like the topic says any one up for the challenging task.
just a comparitive study on the tarrifs of the Latest Plans for home users in the unlimited category of Broad Band services.
personally i have been trying to make a study on this but have come to know only a very tiny bit of the issue.
i believe this would be most usefull for every one. some thing like a chart on the latest tarrifs in comparison with various isps.

before any one suggests me to go to their respective web pages i suggest them to do the same and Try to Obtain a simple information such as a tarrif of an unlimited broadband plan for home only then u would realise the pitfalls in doing so.

asad_azam

Right off the assembly line
I have heard that BSNL gives 256kbps unlimited at Rs900 pm

[
QUOTE=Sinja;747456]like the topic says any one up for the challenging task.
just a comparitive study on the tarrifs of the Latest Plans for home users in the unlimited category of Broad Band services.
personally i have been trying to make a study on this but have come to know only a very tiny bit of the issue.
i believe this would be most usefull for every one. some thing like a chart on the latest tarrifs in comparison with various isps.

before any one suggests me to go to their respective web pages i suggest them to do the same and Try to Obtain a simple information such as a tarrif of an unlimited broadband plan for home only then u would realise the pitfalls in doing so.[/QUOTE]

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
It won't be as useful in practice because ISP do not provide speeds that they actually advertise. For eg: I have purchased exatt broadband 512 kbps connection but they said that the normal speed a consumer should be getting with this package should be around 350-400 kbps.

So in my opinion, its practically just a waste of time because neither they offer speeds as advertised nor there is guarantee that tariff may not change. If tarrif changes, then how many times would we update that listing. Better to throw link to tariff plan pages of various ISP.

In my opinion, Sify, Exatt, Pacenet all are equally crap, except that exatt had much cheaper rates. All are "white collar thieves". In2cable provides speeds very near to as advertised, but they are a bit expensive(as in September 2006).

None of the ISPs are worth what we pay for.

Broadband technology is crucial to India's development. Instead of actively focusing on broadband consumer woes, few of our dailies are more bothered about a heinous criminal's wedding, what his in-laws have to say about it, and every other street-gossip.

Last edited:

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Actually, I would say that Airtel is awesome. I get advertised spds 24/7, 99% uptime and all downtime informed via SMS, Unbeateable Customer support.

No I don't work for airtel ;) I am just a satisfied customer.

appu

Knowledge Nomad
and i have been getting wat bsnl have advertised 2mb speed......i think many wil agree that bsnl is almost giving wat they say....
I am using bsnl from past 2 yrs and had no major problem that didnt solve within 2-3 days.
just see if bsnl is offering broadband in ur area and for tariff check bsnl home site...

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
^ any mtnl unlimited 128/64 plans?? if yes whats the tariff?
and does the 799 include modem rent/tax?
and where did u got this info from? mtnl website always seems un-updated..

phew lots of questions.. :)

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I have heard that BSNL gives 256kbps unlimited at Rs900 pm

Yes, you heard right, but what you probably did not hear is that AirTel Broadband is giving the same plan @Rs. 750 per month. That price is inclusive of 50 free voice pulses. Their service here in Mangalore is excellent. I have been using this connection for three years now.

I get a download speed of 28-29 KBps, which is a little short of 32 KBps (or 256kbps).

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

ancientrites

In the zone
here my revised plan for BSNL home users 256 kbps for 500/-(unlimit)
512 kbps for 1000(unlimit).i think this is a great plan.at moment i am using 900/- for 256 kbps my dl speed is 31-35.
but ppl in mangalore(karnataka) are happy with airtel broadband bcoz upload and download speed are same where in bsnl upload speed is hopeless.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^ any mtnl unlimited 128/64 plans?? if yes whats the tariff?
and does the 799 include modem rent/tax?
and where did u got this info from? mtnl website always seems un-updated..

phew lots of questions.. :)

No
No
Here *mtnldelhi.in/broadband/triband_tariff.htm

See plan 4

NucleusKore

TheSaint
but ppl in mangalore(karnataka) are happy with airtel broadband bcoz upload and download speed are same where in bsnl upload speed is hopeless.

Yes, that becomes useful
1. when you do torrents from private trackers
2. when the swarm has few seeders so that your download speed is affected by your upload speed.

chiru

Broken In
here my revised plan for BSNL home users 256 kbps for 500/-(unlimit)
512 kbps for 1000(unlimit).i think this is a great plan.at moment i am using 900/- for 256 kbps my dl speed is 31-35.

Can anyone confirm this? As far as i know i've been using home 500 plan for a year now and the tariff is 500+12.24% VAT.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
plz confirm abt bsnl 500 plan...as i know its not UL....i hv 256kbps UL fr download @ 30-35kbps...n ts cost is 900/mnth

Enjoy~1

thepirateboy

Broken In
i am on airtel 1mbps plan it costs Rs 2222/- unlimited have another connection of 256kbps unlimited..it costs me rs 900/- but i get 1200 minutes free so the net is basically free for me...the speed i get in 1mbps plan is around 140-150KBps and in 256kbps plan i get 35-40KBps both in direct download :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
AirTel Mobile office in Kolkata is the cheapest option, as with a Class 12 EDGE phone download speeds are steady 32 to 35 kbps :)

Price Rs. 498/- Per month / unlimited access*

*you must need to have a EDGE Class 12 supported handset for that type of seepds :)

* On Selected Towers in Place (like Salt Lake, Fame, Forum) I am getting 3G sign on in the phone and speeds are going insene :lol:

acewin

Point Blanc
I have been using BSNL boradband 256KBps unlimited plan, though its stated max 2MBps, I havent seen it anytime. Dload speed on average goes 30-35 KBps( I download from torrents alot much and there max total dload never has gone more than 36 KBps for me). After inital trouble of setup( I waited for 4 months )

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@acewin

read their plans again BSNL do not Provide 2 MBPS on unlimited 900 plans :( its just 256kbps for unlimited customers !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom