Need For Speed - Pro Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Need For Speed .. Its Coming !

@CyCo... yeah. hope your prediction is correct :D (Pro Street being an kicka$$ game & not a suka$$ one)
============
@tech Genius....me too thinks the same:))

CMR DiRT was said to have inch perfect realism, but wat the BUK, every thing is kinda BLURRED:x & its got some weird physics:x, in demo the handling changes evry now & then :D loooooooool

lets see wat EA gives us this time.

No BMW:(

pls EA put BMW M5 car & not just its engine sound:x :))

xbonez

NP : Crysis

^^what! there's not gonna be a bmw? i know there won't be ferraris as always but why no bmw? i don't think it would be a license problem. which other makes of cars will be there? the trailer shows a nissan

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Audi...& usual tuner cars...

The action in the game will be focused around fictional weekend events and festivals set in iconic locations that will span the globe. Race weekends will offer different events that include old and new challenges such as drift, drag, grip, and speed challenge. Your goal, as always, is to be the best racer in the world--this year's moniker is "street king." The game's story mode will be different than the last few games, which have mixed in live-action cinematics to tell their narratives. While details weren't given out, the team noted that you'll get context and motivation for your actions in the game.

This time out, the customization has been buffed out in a big way. Besides offering feedback on what your modifications are doing to your vehicle's performance, the editor will let you score or create blueprints for cars that you can then share with friends.

The visuals in the work-in-progress version of the Xbox 360 game, though early, were looking very cool. The 21,000-polygon car models sported a razor-sharp level of detail that busted up in a promising, showy fashion. Realistic crash damage is the order of the day, and along with the crazy deformation we saw happen in real time, the team is quite proud of the game's material-type-based damage, which makes for cool crash effects. The smoke effects were impressive, featuring a flashy level of physics. The most nascent aspect of the graphics were the track environment, modeled after Infineon Raceway in northern California, which looked good, though it was thin on ambient objects such as crowds and the like.

...more

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^i didnt say it ROCKS!. did i? :p :))

==================================

New Interview at Game Informer

Game Informer: You guys are trying something new every year, and this seems to be a little bit more of a realistic look at street racing.

John Doyle: We’re trying to get a realistic, believable street-racing vibe. We’re trying to reflect what we see the culture doing. The culture is really moving away from that bling, the neon, the fast and the furious thing; the cars that ride on trailers but don’t actually ever ride on the track. It’s moving much more in the direction of emphasizing performance and skill, and we try to reflect that. We’re a video game, so we try to reflect that in a way that’s as cool as we can possibly imagine it.

GI: Does that mean that you’re going to get away from some of the—and don’t mind me saying this but—some of the cheesy CG actors and plot movement.

Doyle: (laughs) It’s certainly not going to be anything like what you saw in Most Wanted or in Carbon. We’re not really looking at the green screen with the actors. We think it’s important to set the game experience in the world and in the culture, and we think it’s really important to make sure there’s a strong context of motivation that helps guide you through the games. There’s certainly going to be a story, there’s a reason to race, but I don’t think it’ll be as recognizable as anything that was in Most Wanted or Carbon.

GI: With this game you’re going to focus on daytime races, but will there be any nighttime races?

Doyle: There’s not any plan to have any nighttime races at this time. This is in the sunlight.

GI: No police?

Doyle: In this game there aren’t any police. In the past they’ve provided a pretty strong consequence—if you mess around too much, you run the chance of getting busted. This year that consequence is really driven by damage. This game is about your ability to build and drive fantastically powerful cars and that’s where we wanted to keep our focus.

Read the rest here.

:roll:

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Driving:
I could try the Nissan 350Z on the Infineon Raceway and I have to say (although I really sucked driving this track) it was really fun. You have the possibility to drive with assists on or off. I like the feeling of simulation games, so when you switch all assists off, the car is not easy to handle and it’s more realistic, due to the new physics. It doesn’t feel anymore like you’re driving a tank, as it was on the last Need for Speed games. This time you can drive the way you like. If you are more the “arcade-style” guy, you can just turn the assists on, and it is easier to drive, just as you’re used to it from older NFS titles. Need for Speed Pro Street still stays between an simulation- and arcade-game and this is how it should be.

more

K

krazyfrog

Lets hope the PS3 version is as good as the XBOX version. It wasn't so in Carbon with graphics being a bit different and not so good.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

:confused:

i dont care about console versions:p, lets just HOPE EA makes this game a little bit less buggy:D

i'll settle for the feed-back less Steering wheel:( (1500 buks:)))

xbonez

i just hope they leave a fair amount of arcade racng in it. th entire fun of the nfs series was in the arcade racing. if we want simulation, we'll play CMR or something else. but when we want arcade racing, we look to nfs

LoBo

Broken In

Mummmmeeeeee! no poliiiiiiice! in this game. i think its gonna be as sucking as nfs UG series. no fun in race without police chase. NFS:MW was awesome!

dtox

The Techno Perv

yeah.. no police is a real downer..also no open city to cruise around :( but i like the new damage feature.. plus the "new physics engine" offers a more realistic approach to driving cars which i absolutely love!! :) however, i don understand y they scrapped the idea of racing in the night..

xbonez

i seriously prefer day racing. the night racing in carbon sucked but the night racing in nfs u2 was awesome. the damage sys. is gonna make a whole lot of diff in how we drive. that'll be fun.

blackleopard92

In the zone

CyCo said:
Have u guys noticed .. that alternate versions are the good ones ..
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998) - Awesome !!
Need for Speed: High Stakes / Road Challenge (1999) - Simply an upgrade ..
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed / Porsche 2000 / Porsche (2000) - Excellent Reality etc.etc.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002) - timepass ..
Need for Speed: Underground (2003) - Revolutionary
Need for Speed: Underground 2 (2004) - A simple upgrade
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) - Too good !!
Need for Speed: Carbon (2006) - Almost similar to Mostwanted
Need for Speed: Pro Street (2007) - Should be amazing !!!

Hence, u guys can see that they alternate versions are KickA$$ ..

P.s. i dont mean that the inbetween versions are totally crap ! they just dont create some totally new concept ..
i read that there are 2 development teams behind nfs.. those alternate ones have been written by one team, and the other ones by another.... it seems one team develops technologies, and other polishes/spoils them...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Car List:

Confirmed Cars

1984 Toyota Corolla AE86 "Sprinter Trueno"8) [Drift Kings choice] (& star of Initial D anime)
2006 Audi RS4
1993 Mazda RX-7
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse
2003 Nissan 350Z
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
1964 Plymouth Barracuda.

NO BMW yet:(

wud love to AutoSculpt the "already BEAST" BMW M5:twisted:

==============================

Q: Will the physics be the same as any previous NFS series?
A: No. NFS Pro Streets handling is like a simulation. But you can still have a feel of previous NFS-like handling by turning the driving assist ON.

so guys who like Arcady NFS, turn ON the Assists & play:D (kind of like F1C)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom