* 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse
* 2006 Audi S4
* 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS AE86
* 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition
* 2006 Volkswagen Golf GTI
* 2008 BMW M3

=========================

NFSPS Updates at Yahoo Games

Yahoo games has updated their NFSPS page with new screenshots showing the cars that were revealed yesterday, with a video showing the new GT-R PROTO from different angles and another which is a developer interview.

===========================
The online magazine CVG posted a preview for NFS Pro Street, here are some interesting quotes:

Quote:
And so we have Pro Street. "Real street racing," as Doyle puts it, which gives the impression he thinks previous Need For Speed games were big fat fakes. In a sense they were - all blurred neon trails and danger-free speeding, with a heavy emphasis on bling. Not any more. Now we have 'grown-up' street racing, where any alterations you make are purely intended to get your car to thunder across the tarmac faster, not to boost some cheesy respect-o-meter. There's no call for talking the talk, you've just got to walk the walk - by slamming the pedal to the metal and hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life.

Quote:
Of course, grabbing the controls like a maniac and driving off thinking that the game would handle just like Need For Speed Carbon doesn't help matters.

Read the whole preview

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Re: Need For Speed .. Its Coming !

@ s18000rpm thanks bro
wow the new skyline looking gr8 man its really gr8 looks

*www.nfsunlimited.net/news/GT-R%20PROTO.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@ E3

First, hands on the XBOX 360 version of the game:
When you select a race event, you'll be taken to a sort of hub area, where you'll see a bunch of cars and people hanging out. In the case of the demo shown at E3, the area was a Nevada desert. You'll be able to bring a limited number of cars to an event, and if you manage to beat your car up too badly, it'll be totaled and you'll have to retry the race. If you crash all the cars you bring to the race, you may have to begin the entire event again. These consequences should definitely make the racing much more serious. Car damage also appears to be a big part of the game, and the cars take damage procedurally, so if you smash up the sides of your car, they'll have visible scrapes. Hoods, bumpers, and other parts can fly all the way off, and your car handling will be impacted if you take a bunch of damage.

Visually, the big story about ProStreet is the smoke. When you burn rubber in ProStreet, the smoke looks absolutely amazing. It circles around the tires realistically and, most importantly, it lingers. If you burn out long enough, the smoke will start to impede even the cockpit view, and the smoke diffuses everything you're trying to see. It's a very neat effect that makes spinning doughnuts pretty exciting.
Read the rest here.

more screenshots

download new Need for Speed ProStreet Official Movie *www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/needforspeed/media.html

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis

s18, u should be a reporter. u get all the latest info immmediately. coool

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Game Trailers posted a new developer walkthrough video for NFS Pro Street (from E3 2007) showing an RX-7 doing the speed challenge in the desert (who said the sense of speed was not there ? It was Crazy !), and of course showing the new smoke & damage features of the game.

Watch or Download the video here.
Watch or Download the video here. (HD)
www.nfsunlimited.net
"who said the sense of speed was not there ? It was Crazy !":shock: :))

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

GameSpot posted a new 12 minutes video interview with producer Mike Mann showing the same E3 demo that was shown before at GT, but this time its much longer, where he shows the damage by totalling the car several times (restarting each time of course), and actually racing through the Nevada desert speed challenge to the end.

It was also mentioned that demos for different platforms (PC, PS3, X360) will be available in October, and that it may have additional new cars and tracks.

Since there is no download link for the video yet, you can watch it here.

source : www.nfsunlimited.net

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Pro Street Q&A Session June 2007

The questions were send in by our visitors and answered by Need for Speed Pro Street producer John Doyle on July 19th.

1. Will bumpers, doors etc. hang off of your vehicle when damaged? (Brandon)

Bumpers, hoods and spoilers will hang off, bounce around, be affected by the wind and eventually tear off of your car. Doors will not, since we aren't looking to give the impression that anyone gets hurt in these collisions.

2. How accurate are the physics involved in the game? And will the handling modes both have full simulation and full arcade (nfs style handling)? (Rheo)

The physics is quite accurate and believable this year. We've completely re-written the system and it works great. We will offer a range of assists that will provide both the NFS style handing and braking our fans have grown to love as well as allow for additional challenge as you turn down or off each assist. You can select the driving experience you want out of the game. Keep in mind though that the best times will likely be turned in by those who drive with fewer assists.

3. Will the damage on the car accurately effect it performance wise? ie Spoiler is gone meaning lower handling and lower downforce. (Rheo)

Yes to both. Damage can affect your car's aero and that will affect top speed for sure. We are being very careful with our tuning, however. Damage should not be punishing! We want players to race aggressively and push the limits, so a bit of banging and scraping is to be expected. Slam head on into a wall at high speed though, and you'll get the expected result!

4. Will the physics in drifting and drag races be the same or different to the physics used in normal circuit races? If different, how so? And to what extent will the differences influence the car's handling? (93360)

The physics are the same all of the modes. The differences you'll see will be in the levels and types of assists available. We want ProStreet to be a game you can pick up and play and a game you can dial in for the level of challenge you enjoy.

MORE

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

ah shucks the arcade style gone ... :( i loved banging the other opponents out and also sometimes used the sides to my advantage

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

iMav said:
ah shucks the arcade style gone ... :( i loved banging the other opponents out and also sometimes used the sides to my advantage
i cudnt do any damage to opponent's race in MW & Carbon, cuz if i do, then i lose the race:x

but used to bang in NFS PU, that was fun:)).

i hope its like NFS PU. not too much realism & not too much arcade.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

PU is one of the best titles under the NFS tag. it was the perfect blend of sim and arcade

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ i still and always will say that i bought PU coz ima porsche fan but the handling and car performance just wasnt good

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^did you play with the Advanced Setup? downforce, engine/gearbox... upgrades...?

this way the performance difference was huge.

btw which car was your favorite in PU.

for me its the screaming 1974 Carrera RS.

PU had the BEST way of unlocking cars & career modes.

i was really excited whenever i fininshed one Era, coz then the game wud give us a chance to race & win a Race spec. car 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom