Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

guys, remember a news about 'Add-On Car for Cash', i had put, well guess what, its Confirmed.
EA is Selling the Following stuffs to make Money, in a Pathetic way that is :x

" Below is what will be available on November 1st on Xbox Live Marketplace. Check back weekly for more premium unlockable content exclusive to Need for Speed Carbon.

Collector’s Edition Upgrade - $10.00

1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 - $1.00
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago - $1.00
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 - $1.00

Performance Drivetrain Bundle - $5.00
Performance Engine Boost Bundle - $5.00
Performance Handling Bundle - $5.00
Ultimate Performance Bundle - $5.00

Muscle Car Autosculpt Body Kit - $2.50
Tuner Car Autosculpt Body Kit - $2.50
Exotic Car Autosculpt Body Kit - $2.50"

I respected EA as the BEST GAME Developer & maker, but it seems that they have lost the touch.:(

Source- www.nfsunlimited.net

Last edited:

Cub3noid

Broken In

Guys the game is out and some guys are playing right now ,
I think the EA sever is down I’m not able to access the site .

Got few info on NFSC Collector's Edition
I has 2 DVD
One DVD is the game
and the other is the Bonus DVD
This does not include the OST of the Game.

I Guess 2 DVD put together would abt 8 GB.

Hopefully the game is not 2 expensive
has anybody got any ideas abt the cost of game in Rs.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Not sure, but its around 1900-2400 bucks for collectors edition.

Do you guys wanna know about the LAST RACE in NFS Carbon ??? :D

i just went thru a post in a nfs fan site forum & found this under a Spoiler.
I havent Read it YET!! coz, i dont want to Spoil my WAIT of 2 Months.

in NFS Carbon you can put 20 LAYERS of Vinyl on your Car

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

yeah man 20 layers .... u will literally hav to search the first layer while ur car is in the garage while playing u wont even realize that u hav put 20 layers ... IMHO waste of time applying 20 layers

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

A Mini Review Of the Collector's Edition (***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ***)
=========================================================

Got my hands on the the Collector's Edition and had been playing it for some time. I would like to share some of my views about the game.

1) First Noticeable thing in the game is the cause of the realization how buggy the demo was. I ran this full version @1024x768 with all details (including 2X AA and Shaders @ MAX) and still the framerate was above a very comfortable 32 fps average with no hitching whatsoever. Lowering the Shader details to medium increased the fps by 5 without sacrificing much on the game details. :)

2) Second is the redesigned streamlined and much better menu which feels a breeze to hover with.

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/4059/nfsc2006110315521625fl2.th.jpg

3) Graphics is really cool with lots of NEXT GEN effects with brilliant lighting noticeable in some places. Also the shaders are utilized to their full by generating excellent foggy effects and realistic shadows. Though at some places, the car reflection rendering is not very realistic.

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/8666/nfsc2006110315560856xv6.th.jpg

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/9017/nfsc2006110315580114nw7.th.jpg

4) The Motion Blur is awesum here as well as the subsidiary rain effect. The Shaders really cook up some cool n realistic racing experience.

*img225.imageshack.us/img225/6707/nfsc2006110315581268mn4.th.jpg

*img139.imageshack.us/img139/534/nfsc2006110315582275sr3.th.jpg

5) The racing physics are much improved. The cars now feature quite decent damage modelling (if enabled in the menu) as well the hit objects behave much better than NFS:MW including the well cooked up blowing effects of gas-stations.

*img224.imageshack.us/img224/959/nfsc2006110315592335cd9.th.jpg

6) The gameplay features new concepts like racing crews which can be employed as a "drafter", "blocker" or "scout". There will be a short video + gameplay tutorial on these new concepts. AUTOSCULPT is really cool and very well implemented.

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/5038/nfsc2006110315545601mq6.th.jpg

*img133.imageshack.us/img133/9597/nfsc2006110315544640mf1.th.jpg

7) *SPOILER* The game will start with you driving in the city with ur fav NFS:MW BMW in a reminiscent mood thinking of how you betrayed your girlfriend and blah blah.. soon you will be chased by Ex Sgt. Cross who has now became a bounty hunter. he will hand you over to racing crews and after some flashy videos you will be able to choose your car in any one of the available 3 categories - Muscle, Tuner, exotic. I chose Mazda as exotic.

8) Then there will be Cops tutorial and blah blah blah.. see them when you play the game.

9) The acting is quite bad compared to what we had in MW.

10) The game also feature "Challenge Series" and "Quick Race". Some others modes require online participation.

11) Best Part, u get a KOENIGSSEGG CCX at the start in Quick race Mode. Its a beast. But this I think is only available in Collector's edn (not sure).

*img149.imageshack.us/img149/8287/nfsc2006110316422668fi1.th.jpg

12) The Drift races are quite difficult here and Canyon Chases need a bit of getting accustomed to. I tried to drift to a Koeniggsegg CCX in quick race but with utter failure. Initially, i broke the 500,000 drift points in the demo. :)

13) There are some Cop chases but not as interesting as in MW.

14) The gameplay gets a little boring after some time. Overall, this is an average game with many new concepts and cool gameplay but on the whole it seems and feels like a Carbon copy of NFSUG2 with some masala and some features of MW.

[15) My Rating: As a quite decent game: 8.0/10.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

thats the only way we can play the game for a year :D, Putting gfx. gfx. gfx & more Gfx. on the car & yeah almost forgot 'bout this AUTOSCULPT.

Its now fact that the GAME is short, when compared to Most Wanted.
BuT the BIGGEST ADVANTAGE in this game is ONLINE PLAY.

(online play will not work on Pirated NFS Carbon)

the official release of NFS Carbon in INDIA is 6th Nov.

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

s18000rs said:
hey @"rocthegod" dude, how the heck did you get the game.
the official release of NFS Carbon in INDIA is 6th Nov.
as if you or anyone couldnt guess :) EDIT: STRIKE THAT IN LIGHT OF ABOVE POST

btw i am really pissed of with the sell-new-car-models-for-money thing..
sounds like EA is trying to squeeze out every little penny they can with their NFS series. who knows may be thay are planning to make this the last stop of NFS series.

btw can other cars (and tracks if at all) be added from the community

btw i am still quite amused by the demo.. tho the drift is the worst part.. i scored huge.. chk this out... 350k+
*img134.imageshack.us/img134/1378/nfscdemo200611021630194cr5.th.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Till now no MODDER has been able to make a TRACK for NFS since NFS4.
& the same goes for the car too, No one could make a ADD-ON car for Underground series,but Finally a highly Respected NFS Modder "Arushan" made the Ferrari for Most Wanted.

but its not going to be the same, coz as EA puts up the Add-on cars for PC, soon you'll be see'in FREE VERSIONS of THEM :D (put up by modders)

& believe me this not the LASt NFS game, there's lot to come. :D :D :D EA wont stop NFS, coz this is their JACKPOT

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

guys can someone list the differences between the standard and the collectors edition...

thanks is advance

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

"The Collector's Edition will feature 4 exclusive cars, 10 pre-tuned cars, 6 new races, 10 new vinyls, and a bonus DVD"

source- nfsunlimited's wiki

"Community Team: How many players to a race?

Steve Anthony: Most race types will see the player pitting their skills against two opponents, with the other racer being your wingman. For the next generation systems we have been able to increase the field to create a better gameplay experience; we have a total of 8 racers, with 6 of them being opponents from rival crews. This makes for an enjoyable race experience that really brings out the rivalries in the crews.

CT: How do cops figure into Carbon? How are they different to MW?

SA: Cops don't play such a huge role as in Need For Speed Most Wanted, but they still exist in the Carbon World and the cities finest will be keeping an eye on you and the other racers. As in Most Wanted, the cops will be patrolling the open world keeping their eye out for racers. One key aspect this year is that regions in the city have heat designated to them. What I mean by this is that the more the player and other crews race in a particular region, the higher the heat is in that region. The more heat in a specific region means the more chance there is of cops showing up in races and free roam in that region. It is up to the player to manage this geographic heat by leaving areas to cool down before indulging in more street racing in a particular spot."

source:*www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/news.jsp?id=25#

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls

Look at the rating of gamespot to Carbon,Only 7.4 :shock:

PC Gamespot

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

7.4 for carbon, coz its Career mode is really short (only 3 boss races), Boring Cops, Unitelligent AI drivers :D , OVERALL LESS FUN when you compare it with Most Wanted.
But the TRUMP CARD for this game is its ONLINE FEATURES, those who play Online will surely love this game.

come to think of it, last time (Most wanted) EA put a REALLY ANNOYING AI with the "Catch-up" sh*t, & due to the Complaints they tried to fine tune the AI in Carbon, but they overdid it :D.
Now we can overtake our opponents in 10 seconds flat & loose them.

why cant EA do anything BETTER? :D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

tech_mastermind said:
Look at the rating of gamespot to Carbon,Only 7.4 :shock:

PC Gamespot

Thanks buddy !!! :)

The rating is justified if u think that they gave NFS:MW only 8.4/10 :)
NFS:C in no way deserves anything abov 8.0/10.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

some news for xbox360 users(and xbox users were laughing at potential ps3 buyers regarding gran turismo).

EA has just released 11 new pieces of content via Xbox Live Marketplace, none of them free. These extra pieces of content will run you 3780 Microsoft Points or ~$50 bucks additional. That brings the total cost of 'Carbon' to $110-$120 depending on which retail edition you already shelled out for. Micro Payment? Um more like Macro. Making it the most expensive game ever.

Source - *www.2old2play.com/News/NFS__Carbon_Downloads_Your_Cash_

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

**OFF-TOPIC**

hey @tech_mastermind, how do you put the Link in the word itself.
which browser are you using?
& if you use the "Hyperword" => *www.hyperwords.net/ is there any alternate thing like that for OPERA??

Third Eye

gooby pls

s18000rpm said:
**OFF-TOPIC**

hey @tech_mastermind, how do you put the Link in the word itself.
which browser are you using?
& if you use the "Hyperword" => *www.hyperwords.net/ is there any alternate thing like that for OPERA??

I am using Mozilla Firefox,If you want add link in any word then see this

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

hey *img226.imageshack.us/img226/9186/thankser1.gif "tech_mastermind"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom