Need Few Good Applications For Nokia 2700 Classic !

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
hey guys
Is there any virus for S40 cell phone supporting java, coz i hav a Nokia 2700 cell phone

my phone has S60 and I have to copy and install the apps. Else I can use PC Suite to install the app on phone.

S60 and S40 are to wayyyyy different OS. S60 is commonly known as Symbian OS natively support files with .sis extension. These files require to be installed before usage (just like Most of the files with .Exe extension On windows platform), while S40 only supports JAVA applications (.jar/.jad) which are not needed to be installed. They are like portable softwares, open and run type.

Whats the harm in having one?
You could get a virus by bluetooth or USB Cable in the phone

First of all, S40 series phone dont recognize any type of executable files except .jar/jad files. So even if a virus is transmitted by any means (like bluetooth or USB cable), it wil be recognized as unknown file format. So it will not be executed, so no harm will be done. And even if there is any virus coded in java as .jar file(highly unlikely), still it will be harmless as S40 doesnt support multitasking. This means that u cant run more than one application at a time and no application can be minimized. So no piece of code can run in background (which is required for a virus to work silently). So ....no antivirus needed for JAVA phones like 2700 Classic :)

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
select data storage mode then copy the jar files to the mem card and then have fun:?:?

Now,what ?
Nokia did not provide any data cable with my nokia 2700 classic.....:x
I must need to buy Micro USB cable.
Data storage mode is not possible via bluetooth.....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom