Need Feedback regarding an upcoming thread.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Hello TDF Members!

I need a Postive Feedback from YOU guys about an upcoming thread I am working on with the help of moderators here at ThinkDigit forum. This thread will solely require your help in building. The thread will cover Gaming performance on a certain Gaming configuration for different budgets rather than just on graphics cards. As an individual, it is impossible for me to collect data for different configurations and for this, I will need the help of the community here.

I will require the following favors from you -

1. Post CPUz and GPUz screenshots as a proof of hardware you have.

2. Write down your whole Rig Configurations with their prices when you bought it.

3. Benchmark atleast 3 games from the following -

a. Crysis 2
b. Battlefield 3
c. Witcher 2
d. F1 2011
e. Metro 2033
f. Civilization V
g. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I will update on the final thread on how to properly benchmark those games, at which video settings, and at what resolution using which software.

4. Post scores from Unigine Heaven Synthetic Benchmark.

If you can afford to give your time in performing the above steps, I would be thank full to you and will add your scores to the upcoming thread with your name and configuration.

The sole purpose of this thread will be to analyse the best possible gaming configuration which is most Value For Money. We will be collecting and updating the thread with your data on a regular basis.

For example, buying an i5 2400+HD6850 won't benefit in gaming as compared to buying Phenom X4 960+HD7850. We know the latter one will be much more VFM for gaming and will perform equally, if not better than the i5 build.

Mostly, people tend to go for "better" CPU than a GPU when building their gaming machines, and then buy a mediocre GPU with whatever that is left with them after buying that monstrous CPU.

Those of you who can help, please reply with an I'm In! along with your Full PC Configuration details for some initial analyzing. Again reminding, people who will participate in making this possible, will be dully credited.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
One suggestion: make a standard settings for each of the games & benchmarks. Otherwise there will be too variable to look for.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
One suggestion: make a standard settings for each of the games & benchmarks. Otherwise there will be too variable to look for.

I will update on the final thread on how to properly benchmark those games, at which video settings, and at what resolution using which software.

Yes, there will be certain standard settings for everyone to perform a benchmark. Are you in?

i would have participated but dont have any of the games... :(

No problem mate :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup. Standard settings is what we have decided. If people are giving their inputs - they need to SICK to the settings we will decide.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yes, there will be certain standard settings for everyone to perform a benchmark. Are you in?

No problem mate :D

Late next month or early June. Not before that. Can bench Witcher 2 only atm.

Except Civ V can bench the rest.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Which Deus EX is that ?

Coz to make it run on windows 7 you have to patch it with third party mod/files.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
from the above games,
i have bf3 completed it and crysis 2,bf3 runs @1024*768 at medium setting and gives 20 fps but crysis dont start at all all bcoz of my crap pc
e2140
2gb ddr2
nvdia 8400gs 512mb

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
hey guys, let me post pc guide configs first. Then u analyze? Both threads will be related. What say?

Ohh, I see, This thread, and my new thread will be very much related. People could then see how those Sub 30k, Sub 35k, Sub 45k Rigs will perform in the real world tests. Great idea. Let's hope more people come to contribute. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
F1 2011 already takes care of Dirt 2 with a slightly upgraded engine.

And I don't think you really need to benchmark CoD. ;)

Top Bottom