Need CPU and Motherboard 10k - 15k budget

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Will there be any price hike due to this war? Or price hike will take time.
Experts says if Russia succeed then Taiwan invasion by China is near. Will this also increase price for cpu and Motherboard in near future?
igpu processor seems a safe bet for him

I'm considering i3 12100 but not sure about motherboard.
I am not sure about any good build quality and durable motherboard.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
i have the same concern for the prices
if u buy i312100 which has igpu it would increase ur budget again from17k to a minimum of 19k (igpu version should cost u 12k and not more than that )
as for durability and protection from

some mobos do have anti moisture coating , would that be somewhat useful for ur sea air issue?
if u are unable to move from the budget
asus ex-b460 m v5 has mositure protection coating - 8k
and i3 10105 -9.5k

K_akash_i

Journeyman
the same on 12th would cost u 10 -11k
i would suggest you to get some prior info about this issue from some professional or someone who is using pc without any problem near sea side before buying components
if there are other diy measures that can be done , go with the 7k asus board and i3 12100 IMO

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Experts says if Russia succeed then Taiwan invasion by China is near. Will this also increase price for cpu and Motherboard in near future?
Those are not experts, if Taiwan is invaded by China then you will see processor & mobo prices increasing faster than gold & silver prices during Diwali rush & that is why it will not happen at least for the next few years.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
the same on 12th would cost u 10 -11k
i would suggest you to get some prior info about this issue from some professional or someone who is using pc without any problem near sea side before buying components
if there are other diy measures that can be done , go with the 7k asus board and i3 12100 IMO

i have the same concern for the prices
if u buy i312100 which has igpu it would increase ur budget again from17k to a minimum of 19k (igpu version should cost u 12k and not more than that )
as for durability and protection from

some mobos do have anti moisture coating , would that be somewhat useful for ur sea air issue?
if u are unable to move from the budget
asus ex-b460 m v5 has mositure protection coating - 8k
and i3 10105 -9.5k

I couldn't find any other brands giving extra features as Asus EX series motherboard.
No iGPU processor is available now. i3 12100.
I will have to wait. Also price are little higher as per YouTubers.

i3 12100 + Asus EX H610 = should be around ±15k while time of purchase.

I can see rust and moisture on HDMI and VGA ports, Front and back USB ports of damaged motherboard.
There is no rust on GPU and RAM but have little moisture on it.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
its only coming to indian markets IIRC, i think it would cost around 12k (because i3 12100f is roughly 10k)

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
See this thread:
*forums.tomshardware.com/threads/to...ave-the-silica-gel-pouch-in-the-case.1676067/
I tried silica gel. Lots of them but no help.
I tried changing airflow direction out for all fans result was better but eventually moisture and dust appeared.
And yes computer is not always ON, we shut it down after use.
Some days we use for 10-12 hours and somedays we didn't use computer.
Also we made clothes cover for cabinet, monitor, keyboard for but it didn't helped that. As back side always remained open as cables are connected.

At the time of cleaning (every 3 months). All dust accumulation was in cabinets front filter, less dust compared to back. But in the backside it's too much dust always.
(I'm thinking of painting cabinet's back side as I see some rust as)

Other than dust and moisture, I can see RUST on USB ports in front and back side of cabinet and on motherboard usb ports, HDMI ports, GPU ports and some nuts and screws.

Can I use nail polish coating to protect these from rust?
And I have also seen YouTubers painting their motherboard. But before paint they use some kind of spray for protection.

I think in future I have to buy cabinet, motherboard and all parts moisture proof and rust proof.

mitraark

Decrepit
I tried silica gel. Lots of them but no help.
I tried changing airflow direction out for all fans result was better but eventually moisture and dust appeared.
And yes computer is not always ON, we shut it down after use.
Some days we use for 10-12 hours and somedays we didn't use computer.
Also we made clothes cover for cabinet, monitor, keyboard for but it didn't helped that. As back side always remained open as cables are connected.

At the time of cleaning (every 3 months). All dust accumulation was in cabinets front filter, less dust compared to back. But in the backside it's too much dust always.
(I'm thinking of painting cabinet's back side as I see some rust as)

Other than dust and moisture, I can see RUST on USB ports in front and back side of cabinet and on motherboard usb ports, HDMI ports, GPU ports and some nuts and screws.

Can I use nail polish coating to protect these from rust?
And I have also seen YouTubers painting their motherboard. But before paint they use some kind of spray for protection.

I think in future I have to buy cabinet, motherboard and all parts moisture proof and rust proof.
Bro i think your case with the motherboard dying was an exception. I used a cheap H55 Gigabyte Motherboard with my i5 760 in hostel for 4 years, my rooms were as bad as garbage dumps with loads of dust, sand and spiderwebs all around. It survived without any issues for 8 years. Maybe something high end like any x70 series would last much longer.

GO ahead and buy the current most recommended config without any bias against Gigabyte or Intel, let the outcome of the silicon lottery rest with fate.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used a cheap H55 Gigabyte Motherboard with my i5 760 in hostel for 4 years, my rooms were as bad as garbage dumps with loads of dust, sand and spiderwebs all around. It survived without any issues for 8 years. Maybe something high end like any x70 series would last much longer.
High moisture & humidity environment in cities/places beside sea is very different from usual dusty unclean environment. You can only understand this after living in city like Mumbai. :)

mitraark

Decrepit
High moisture & humidity environment in cities/places beside sea is very different from usual dusty unclean environment. You can only understand this after living in city like Mumbai. :)
I'm from Kolkata, we know what humidity is trust me. My cabinet was kept on the floor the whole time. I'll try to post a photo of the cabinet when i opened it up for cleaning after i left college, it looked like something retrieved from a crash site.

Thats almost nothing, the PCs used in shops or factories suffer even more and still function year after year. PCs nowadays are build to last. Don't sweat over what happened in the past that may just have been bad luck.

mitraark

Decrepit
THis PC ran 24x7 for 4 years with decent CPU and HDD usage throughout. Didn't fail on me even though i treated it like S###. The motherboard failed after 8 years, but the processor with GTX 750ti is still rocking 100+ fps in Valorant.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-05 at 10.50.55 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-05 at 10.50.55 AM.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 121
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
THis PC ran 24x7 for 4 years with decent CPU and HDD usage throughout. Didn't fail on me even though i treated it like S###. The motherboard failed after 8 years, but the processor with GTX 750ti is still rocking 100+ fps in Valorant.
Okay.

Top Bottom