Need CPU and Motherboard 10k - 15k budget

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
ryzen 5 3500 - 12k , if prices are cheaper offline get 3500x
mobo : msi b450m pro vdh -5.3k or below /asus prime b450m -6.5k / asrock b450m pro4 - 6k if someone has more info own reliability of mobo companies they could suggest one which would be better quality
the total would be around 17k
although u give off a considerate amount of performance if u choose this (benchmarking 3500x vs i3 12100f)

these are online prices , maybe u can get 3500 + msi b450m for 15k

*pcpricetracker.in/gen/products/a14f7ee654d138ee9d520e5fd7b541d6
I will buy only from primeabgb offline store and they don't give any discount or offers offline store.
Only online shopping will provide better offers.

Should I purchase CPU online and motherboard from primeabgb?

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
ryzen 5 3500 - 12k , if prices are cheaper offline get 3500x
mobo : msi b450m pro vdh -5.3k or below /asus prime b450m -6.5k / asrock b450m pro4 - 6k if someone has more info own reliability of mobo companies they could suggest one which would be better quality
the total would be around 17k
although u give off a considerate amount of performance if u choose this (benchmarking 3500x vs i3 12100f)
12100F need external GPU.
If my existing GPU stopped working then I have to spend more on new GPU later.
And I don't want to invest in Intel as they keep changing sockets.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
12100F need external GPU.
If my existing GPU stopped working then I have to spend more on new GPU later.
And I don't want to invest in Intel as they keep changing sockets.
AMD is changing their socket as well this time, bringing in AM5 socket. Intel's 12th gen is latest so you should be able to find replacement boards for next 3-4 years in case you need it. AM4 boards from good brands will last only that long, at maximum, is my guess. That's is why members are suggesting Intel build because its value for money and there is no advantage of getting AMD anymore.
-- Edited in bold, if my point was not clear.

Last edited:

K_akash_i

Journeyman
doesnt r5 3500 also require an external gpu?
u may need to get 3400g if u want an igpu amd , and its certainly rare to find one at reasonable price tag , only G ' suffixed cpus get igpu in amd iirc

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
AMD is changing their socket as well this time, bringing in AM5 socket. Intel's 12th gen is latest so you should be able to find replacement boards for next 3-4 years in case you need it. AM4 boards from good brands will last only that long, at maximum, is my guess. That's is why members are suggesting Intel build.

Please read above posts.
Okay. In that case suggest both Intel and AMD, CPU + Motherboard.

Yes it does. If you are looking for AMD processors with inbuilt GPU then look for names ending with xxxxG, e.g. Ryzen 5 3400G, 5600G, R7 5700G.
doesnt r5 3500 also require an external gpu?
u may need to get 3400g if u want an igpu amd , and its certainly rare to find one at reasonable price tag , only G ' suffixed cpus get igpu in amd iirc
Sorry my bad. I didn't check that.
Thank you for bringing my attention.

Last edited:
Please read above posts.
Okay. In that case suggest both Intel and AMD, CPU + Motherboard.

Sorry my bad. I didn't check that.
Thank you for bringing my attention.
i3 12100F - 9.5k
Asus Prime H610M-E D4 - 7.5k (has 2x M.2 slots)
Total - 17k, not exactly 15k, but faster CPU than anything else at this price by a decent margin.
Bit better gaming performance than even R7 3700X.
12th Gen Intel Core i3-12100F Desktop Processor 4 Cores Up To 4.30 GHz Without Processor Graphics LGA 1700 (Intel 600 series Chipset) 58W BX8071512100F
Asus Prime H610M-E D4 Motherboard (Intel Socket 1700/12th Generation Core Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory)

CPU entry level (2).png
CPU entry level (3).png

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using iGPU and non iGPU processor? Please don't mention external GPU advantages.
I'm confused. I have never used non iGPU.
What are the chances of GPU stops working?
I don't do that much of gaming.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using iGPU and non iGPU processor? Please don't mention external GPU advantages.
I'm confused. I have never used non iGPU.
What are the chances of GPU stops working?
I don't do that much of gaming.
Advantage - Easier troubleshooting if dGPU fails or has issues, also some apps like Adobe uses iGPU with dGPU - called quick sync.

Disadavantage - Costs more, competition like AMD doesn't have it (IMO AMD's desktop APUs are just very bad choices right now)

If you want iGPU, might have to downgrade to i3 10105 or increase budget for i5 10400/11400 at 14.3k/15.3k. Call primeabgb & see if they have i3 12100, they have a listing.

Usually GPUs run well, but who knows when they will fail. If something like that happens, you can get any cheap dGPU for time being or upgrade to new one ASAP.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Decided to go with low budget 10k.

AMD Athlon 3000G Processor
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...-5-ghz-dual-core-am4-processor-yd3000c6fhbox/

Asrock A320M-HDV R4.0 AM4 Motherboard
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/asrock-a320m-hdv-r4-0-amd-a320-micro-atx-motherboard/

AMD Athlon 3000G Processor Asrock A320M-HDV R4.0 AM4 Motherboard COMBO DEAL
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...ck-a320m-hdv-r4-0-am4-motherboard-combo-deal/

Any suggestions?

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...-5-ghz-dual-core-am4-processor-yd3000c6fhbox/

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/asrock-a320m-hdv-r4-0-amd-a320-micro-atx-motherboard/

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...ck-a320m-hdv-r4-0-am4-motherboard-combo-deal/

Any suggestions?
It is worse than i5 7500. Your call entirely, my recommendation is i3 10100 as minimum if you can.

mitraark

Decrepit

Any suggestions?
This combo is extremely bad, your current Processor is better. I agree with

omega44-xt , i3 10100 combo is the undeniable best choice at 15k range​

K_akash_i

Journeyman
OP mentioned he had problems with gigabyte mobo of his intel cpu having complaints consequently
which seems like mobo manufacturer issue from the way i look at it. If He has more to add on that, then my initial thoughts maybe off the target

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
It is worse than i5 7500. Your call entirely, my recommendation is i3 10100 as minimum if you can.

I don't want to buy Intel because of bad experience.
I don't hate Intel. But I want to use computer for another 5 years without any problem. Even if purchased board with 3 year warranty damaged somehow after warranty, then AMD socket allow me to purchase new motherboard with 3 year warranty. That is not the case with Intel. Intel changing socket every new launch. I am not comfortable with it.
If I buy 12th gen Intel now 13th or 14th gen will have different socket. What's the point in purchasing if they don't give support?

I live near sea side area. I have tried Asus gigabyte motherboards. I don't know why but motherboard is getting damaged again and again. Computer working in normal condition suddenly shuts down without any warning.

For the 1st computer, it was due to cheap power supply. I changed motherboard 3 times.
Now this time within warranty I repaired 3 times, like every year. And now as warranty is over no one providing service.
Even Intel said over an e-mail that Motherboard damaged your processor.

Already posted everything in OP.
Hi @TigerKing ! If you don't mind telling then could you explain what bad experience you had with Intel that you are insisting to go for AMD?
1st post

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Motherboard seem to be problem. Any particular issue with Intel? You seem to have GPU, so I am assuming you would game on this build.
Why do you need AMD processor with iGPU then? Sorry if you have already mentioned this earlier in your posts.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
Motherboard seem to be problem. Any particular issue with Intel? You seem to have GPU, so I am assuming you would game on this build.
Why do you need AMD processor with iGPU then? Sorry if you have already mentioned this earlier in your posts.
he never used one without igpu, he's concerned that if gpu fails he would not be able to use pc until he can spend on another decent gpu

Top Bottom