Need CPU and Motherboard 10k - 15k budget

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Computer specifications -
CPU - Intel Core i5 7500 3.4GHz CPU
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM SKU CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R
Motherboard - Gigabyte B250M-D3H Motherboard
GPU - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB (ST1000DM010)
Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ-P LED Monitor
Cabinet - Antec Mid Tower ATX GX200 Blue PCI Window
Case Fan - Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120mm Air Flow Fan
PSU - Seasonic S12II 520 Bronze
Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24D5MT DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive

I want to buy new CPU and motherboard.
CPU - AMD only, had a bad experience with Intel
Motherboard - other than Gigabyte and Asus.

Current situation -
Existing CPU and motherboard are not in working condition. I tried Soldering dead capacitors on motherboard but not worked. Gigabyte Service Center can't provide service due to unavailability for parts and product. Did not tried any local repairs as their visiting charges are high ₹500+ and I couldn't find technically sound person locally. As of now still don't know if CPU and motherboard are repairable or gone.

Considering above situation -
Should I buy online directly and return for refund if not working Will they accept returns? I see better deals online.
Or
Before buying CPU and motherboard should I check other PC parts are working or not? With Primeabgb Technicians?
Will they charge for testing other pc parts?

More details here -
I purchased this Computer on 2017, in all 5 years all problems were related to motherboard only. Spent almost 3k for 3 year for diagnosing and repairing in Primeabgb.
(Same year we purchased Lenovo Laptop, which is working good without any problem. Nothing happened to it in 5 years)

Budgets - ±10k, ±15k
Unable to decide budget. And there is no plan upgrading computer later. I will use as long as it works. I want to use computer for another 5+ years minimum. And support for motherboard (or new Motherboard compatible with existing CPU) or support for CPU (or new CPU compatible with existing motherboard) should be available after 5+ year minimum.
(I know there isn't any guarantee about cpu, motherboard support but still)

±10k - AMD 3000G and B450 motherboard suggested by @whitestar_999
This should work at least for 5+ years.

Or

±15k - I want to buy Ryzen series + good decent motherboard.
If I can get Ryzen 5 3500 at ~₹10k + good low cost motherboard.
For this budget, motherboard should be available for CPU even after 5+ years

Also I will not upgrade anything for minimum 5+ years. If only then RAM.

Extra purchase not decided yet.
RAM - can I add another 8gb 3000mhz or 3600mhz with existing 2400mhz "Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHz"?
Or should I purchase new 16gb and sell existing 8gb 2400mhz?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I purchased this Computer on 2017, in all 5 years all problems were related to motherboard only.
Something similar happened to me with intel based mobos & that is why I prefer & suggest others to spend a bit more & get amd config as mobo availability for older processors is still far ahead of intel where anything more than 2-3 years old is practically out of stock/manufacturing. AMD is changing sockets from next gen so wait if possible for some clarity regarding release date & initial pricing because if you can get a processor+mobo with similar price but new socket within your acceptable waiting period then that is better option.
@omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku

Something similar happened to me with intel based mobos & that is why I prefer & suggest others to spend a bit more & get amd config as mobo availability for older processors is still far ahead of intel where anything more than 2-3 years old is practically out of stock/manufacturing. AMD is changing sockets from next gen so wait if possible for some clarity regarding release date & initial pricing because if you can get a processor+mobo with similar price but new socket within your acceptable waiting period then that is better option.
@omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku
I pulled the trigger on Intel 12th gen because of the price. AMD is changing sockets now. I feel 2nd gen AM5 CPU will be the best time to buy as DDR5 prices will have also reduced by then, hopefully by late 2023. Anyways, time will tell.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
if u stick a 3000mhz with a 2400mhz it would downclock to 2400mhz rgt? (in that case it would decrease performance)
if u want to buy a cpu right now there is no better option than intel and its i3 12100f for ur budget. its price and performance is on par with or above r5 3600 if i'm not wrong
At the same time u had bad experience with intel so like @Omega said it would be better to wait till am5 launches although i am unsure if they'd launch something on budget(not only because of the market share but also because of the increase in production cost after TSMC hiked its prices)
*These are all speculations

if u stick a 3000mhz with a 2400mhz it would downclock to 2400mhz rgt? (in that case it would decrease performance)
if u want to buy a cpu right now there is no better option than intel and its i3 12100f for ur budget. its price and performance is on par with or above r5 3600 if i'm not wrong
At the same time u had bad experience with intel so like @Omega said it would be better to wait till am5 launches although i am unsure if they'd launch something on budget(not only because of the market share but also because of the increase in production cost after TSMC hiked its prices)
*These are all speculations
Budget AMD CPUs are another issue, we didn't get budget AMD CPUs since Ryzen 3000.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
AM5 will be released in 2nd half of 2022 and I don't think they will release budget CPU on AM5 launch. Also it will take more for am5 availablelity in the market.
I can wait 1 month Max not longer than that.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AM5 will be released in 2nd half of 2022 and I don't think they will release budget CPU on AM5 launch. Also it will take more for am5 availablelity in the market.
I can wait 1 month Max not longer than that.
In that case go with amd config within your budget & requirements. Even the cheapest latest gen amd quad core processor should be more than enough to last 4-5 years of typical usage.

mitraark

Decrepit
I pulled the trigger on Intel 12th gen because of the price. AMD is changing sockets now. I feel 2nd gen AM5 CPU will be the best time to buy as DDR5 prices will have also reduced by then, hopefully by late 2023. Anyways, time will tell.
You got a new PC ? Congrats. WHich one? Hows the performance ?

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
For which system you need Ryzen3500?
Check the 1st post.. 1st few lines
Computer specifications -
CPU - Intel Core i5 7500 3.4GHz CPU
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM SKU CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R
Motherboard - Gigabyte B250M-D3H Motherboard
GPU - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB (ST1000DM010)
Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ-P LED Monitor
Cabinet - Antec Mid Tower ATX GX200 Blue PCI Window
Case Fan - Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120mm Air Flow Fan
PSU - Seasonic S12II 520 Bronze
Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24D5MT DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Need suggestions for AMD CPU and motherboard for 10k? Or 15k?
I will purchase in this week.

Last edited:
Need suggestions for AMD CPU and motherboard for 10k and 15k?
I will purchase in this week.
I recently got my i5 12400 + Gigabyte B660M DS3H WiFi. That cheap B660 is able to handle the i5 easily as it consumes up to 80W under 100% load, stock cooler easily crossed 80C, but saw it kind of settle at 83C. I didn't do any stress test for an extended period but it impressed me for sure.

So, again I will say Intel 12th gen is the way. F CPUs are cheaper & lack iGPU like most AMD CPUs.

The i5 12400F is like 16.2k & Gigabyte B660M DS3H is 10k with many sellers, so at 26.2k, it comes very close to the performance of R5 5600X. Hence easy to recommend.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I recently got my i5 12400 + Gigabyte B660M DS3H WiFi. That cheap B660 is able to handle the i5 easily as it consumes up to 80W under 100% load, stock cooler easily crossed 80C, but saw it kind of settle at 83C. I didn't do any stress test for an extended period but it impressed me for sure.

So, again I will say Intel 12th gen is the way. F CPUs are cheaper & lack iGPU like most AMD CPUs.

The i5 12400F is like 16.2k & Gigabyte B660M DS3H is 10k with many sellers, so at 26.2k, it comes very close to the performance of R5 5600X. Hence easy to recommend.
You understood wrong
Total budget is 10k Or 15k. CPU + motherboard combined.
5k to 10k for CPU
2k to 5k for motherboard

K_akash_i

Journeyman
i back @Omega's suggestion as well , even an i3 12100f beats r5 3600 currently . so at present there isnt any option other than intel
if amd u'd need to buy r5 5600x(everything else either too expensive or too old) which is at 24k and mobo would be 10 to 12k(this, i might be wrong)
I think ur problem with mobo maybe because of the manufacturer of mobo , perhaps intel has no role in it

K_akash_i

Journeyman
i3 12100F - 10K
B660 mobos are out of bounds within your budget but i'll still link the cheapest i can find - asus -11.5k ,gigabyte also has b660s under 10k but i dont know if u'd prefer gigabyte
h610 - asus prime h610m - cheapest there is , with its limitations(ram limited to max 3200mhz)
i'd not suggest h610 but within ur limits its fine
u may get these offline at cheaper prices imo (thats how i see it here, this maybe different according to the region) , if so u should likely choose a b660 ,from asus if u dont want gigabyte
if online u'd go minimum 17k , This should last u atleast five years in my view

Last edited:
OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
i3 12100F - 10K
B660 mobos are out of bounds within your budget but i'll still link the cheapest i can find - asus -11.5k ,gigabyte also has b660s under 10k but i dont know if u'd prefer gigabyte
h610 - asus prime h610m - cheapest there is , with its limitations(ram limited to max 3200mhz)
i'd not suggest h610 but within ur limits its fine
u may get these offline at cheaper prices imo (thats how i see it here, this maybe different according to the region) , if so u should likely choose a b660 ,from asus if u dont want gigabyte
if online u'd go minimum 17k , This should last u atleast five years in my view
Please read the post title.. i need AMD

K_akash_i

Journeyman
Please read the post title.. i need AMD
ryzen 5 3500 - 12k , if prices are cheaper offline get 3500x
mobo : msi b450m pro vdh -5.3k or below /asus prime b450m -6.5k / asrock b450m pro4 - 6k if someone has more info own reliability of mobo companies they could suggest one which would be better quality
the total would be around 17k
although u give off a considerate amount of performance if u choose this (benchmarking 3500x vs i3 12100f)

Top Bottom