Need Cooling Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get this - *www.flipkart.com/deepcool-neptwin-cooler/p/itmdh22ykgmkmfbp

With fans and two of them the Neptwin will blow the Lucifier out of the serene blue waters,but without fans the Lucifier is better.

Piash

Broken In
A cool computer room will always keep you and your computer cool. In addition to above suggestions, you can consider these for your computer room:

1.: If you don't have air conditioner in your computer room, you'll need proper ventilation.
I have both an Inverter AC and exhaust fan in my home office. I've built wooden cover for the exhaust fan, so that I can close the hole when AC is on.

Strategical furniture placement will help you a lot on electricity cost. Place your computer table and chair in a way that your chair is near a north (best)/east facing window but there is no reflection on your monitor. Place the exhaust fan in the opposite direction (for better cross ventilation).

Now, when outside temp is cooler (30c to 35c, probably all Indians can stay comfortable at this temp with a fan) run the exhaust fan and open the window. The fan will pull outside air through the window and will keep both you and your comp cool.

2: Don't use a ceiling fan in your computer room. They pull hot air from ceiling. Use a pedestal fan or table fan. Place it in a way so that it can pull cool air from the window.

3: Try to put your cabinet higher (above 4' to 6' - depending on your height and placement of buttons/DVD drives on the cabinet. You want the buttons comfortable to reach. For USB, use a hub.)
Hot air raises up. So, the heat will rise above your head more easily and the exhaust fan will remove it from the room. The table fan will not circulate the heat.

4: If there is no floor above your computer room, consider installing a false ceiling. You can go cheap by installing grassboards and filling the gap between the ceiling and the board with 3" thick thermocol. Also, if you don't walk on the roof, you can paint it white to reflect sunlight. I painted the roof above my home office (and our water tank :)) with Weathershield Sunreflect white paint. It really works. If you don't walk on the roof , it will last more than 3 years.

5: If you run your computer during the day and outside temp is so hot that the fans are not working, consider buying an Inverter AC. They cost more, but you save in terms of electricity bills.
Also, find a way to use that AC with more than one room.
My home office and my parent's room share a common window. I've put the AC just above that window. The window has a 45watt exhaust fan that pulls cool air from my office to my parents room and there is another exhaust fan on the ceilling that pulls hot air from my parent's room to my office (to be cooled by the AC).

I keep temp set at 26-28C and run those exhaust fans PLUS the table fans. You'll feel much cooler at very low cost. If you buy good fans, once the AC has reached its preset temp, total electricity consumption will be less than 300 watt (Inverter AC approx 100watt + 2 exhaust fans between rooms approx 100watt + 2 table fan in both room approx 100watt).

My condition is extreme. As I run my comp almost 24/7 and live in my office most of the day. But, I hope you'll be able to get some idea from this post and modify it according to your need.

I run an i7 3900K with Antec c40 cooler (Rs. 2500/-), Corsair cabinet with 2 built-in fans. My CPU never goes above 45C - without AC, when outside temp is 40C and when all cores are rendering 3D scenes at 100% for 1 or 2 hours)

PS.
[MENTION=151659]krishnendu[/MENTION], I live in Kolkata. This setup is working beautifully here. It is now 38C outside at 2:00pm. My computer room is at 30C without AC (east and south walls are completely glass windows but heavily curtained, only 8' high ceiling, no floor above. It was a storage room before.). From your username, Avatar and "Location: Black Hole" (LOL. I had it in another forum) I guess you live in Kolkata (or in WB) too.

If daytime air is very hot even in the north side, don't run the exhaust fan in the morning. Run it during night. It will keep your room cool. During morning close all windows. If possible don't open South/West door/window during the day. It will not let outside hot air in. I think you'll be able to work like that until 2:00pm/3:00pm. After that the room temp will go above 30C and you may need ventilation/AC. (Warning: don't keep window/door closed if you smoke or have breathing problem. Consult your doctor.)

Your FANIN1 doesn't seem right. I'm suspicious about a fan which is running at 135000RPM. Possibly the sensor is not right. May be someone else with more hardware knowledge will confirm.

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Ha Ha ! I was bored. Spent almost one hour to think,type,edit the post.
Probably nobody else read it. But, you know, sometimes you get so bored that you don't want to see even latest grumpy cat memes.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/183127-do-you-own-desktop.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom