Need Cooling Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnendu

Journeyman
I have a NZXT gamma cabinet and my PC room temperature gets very high during summer.
Now as you all know there are options to install two 120mm fans[intake] on side panel and two 140/120mm fans[exhausts] at the top. I'm already having one rear exhaust and one front intake 120mm fan.
I will add a CPU cooler later so I need to know, should I install all 4 fans? or there will be negative airflow? or there will not be enough space to install a big NOCTUA later.

My rig is on my sig.

Thanks for reading..

Attachments

• 20140407_200112.jpg
    20140407_200112.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

small_yet_big

Broken In
install a top exhaust as it would not effect installing CPU cooler later.Also it would be required to move the hot air out faster when you install the NOCTUA one. You could avoid installing the side panel fans.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i have got the Gamma too. :)

you can go for the lower side fan mount; as far as i remember, it wont come in the way of cpu cooler.
and also, the top mounts.

OP
krishnendu

krishnendu

Journeyman
install a top exhaust as it would not effect installing CPU cooler later.Also it would be required to move the hot air out faster when you install the NOCTUA one. You could avoid installing the side panel fans.

I'm thinking to install one 120mm side panel intake and one 140mm to exhaust. The question is can I add 2 top fans along with the big Noctua and a lower side panel?

i have got the Gamma too. :)

you can go for the lower side fan mount; as far as i remember, it wont come in the way of cpu cooler.
and also, the top mounts.

Yes, that's the reason to ask here as I'm not sure I could add it or not, I really want to install at least one side panel led fan :D

And by the way, as you're also having a gamma, can you tell me that will I get dust filters locally in Kolkata for the side panel and top of my Gamma?? Unable to add stockings or mosquito net :eek:

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
LED fans will not go well with the Gamma. most of the light will be blocked by the metal.
Unless you have the gamma with the Acrylic window.

No.. i dont think you'll get any dustfilters for the fans.

why cant you use mosquito nets/stockings?? thats the best DIY material for dust filters.

small_yet_big

Broken In
I'm thinking to install one 120mm side panel intake and one 140mm to exhaust. The question is can I add 2 top fans along with the big Noctua and a lower side panel?

:eek:

No it wont be a problem to install two fans at the top. Also you can get mesh covers which can be used as dust filters in the locals of Chadni.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get tow 120 mm for the sides and two 140mm for the top ,remove the rear exhaust. Intake should be slightly more than the exhaust.

OP
krishnendu

krishnendu

Journeyman
I'm thinking about liquid cooling now, my budget is 5k for cpu cooler, so should I get a liquid cooler instead ? I have no idea about liquid cooling, I mean, the price and the performance, as my room temp is very high so I'm confused between air cooler and liquid cooler.

Thanks for your reply guys...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
this is what too much reading on the internet does to your brain.

stick with what you decided and go for it.

OP
krishnendu

krishnendu

Journeyman
Liquid is good with a little bit of Air ask any over-clocker worth his salt. Air is King,and more so in our climate.

That's all :) Now the Last thing I need to know is, Should I go for Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm for my FX6300 ? Or I don't need that for a processor like fx6300... Should I go for cheaper??

saswat23

Human Spambot
That's one of the best Air Coolers no doubt.
But what's temp. of your PC these days? Is it too high?

OP
krishnendu

krishnendu

Journeyman
Temp is 55 during daytime gaming.. Although didn't played big games yet, as there are no new release, all played, haven't tried yet with BF4 or COD.. I'm planing to overclock up to 4gz in future ..

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
this is good for the price *www.flipkart.com/deepcool-lucifer-...=b_5&ref=caf68009-68ab-41ff-b9c3-5f131507e4a8.
seems better than corsair h75 liquid cooler and sometimes just below the h100i.
have look and read reviews possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom