Need complete guide in implementing CCTV

Rahim

Married!
I need to implement CCTV in my workplace.

The requirements:
1: At least 16 good quality cameras.
2: I prefer a PC-based DVR system.
3: What is the price range of the various components?
4: Do these come in complete package or various components needs to be assembled?
5: I need to monitor my site all the time, so remote viewing capability through internet should be an option. Can this be done through a non-PC based DVDR too?
6: I need to record a lot of sessions, say 12 hours, from all cameras, so can this be possible?

Please guide me.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I need to implement CCTV in my workplace.

The requirements:
1: At least 16 good quality cameras.
2: I prefer a PC-based DVR system.
3: What is the price range of the various components?

DVR would be around 5k - 8k for 8 Cameras. For 16 cameras it'd be around 15k. I recommend Honeywell / HIKVision, but it'd be costly, For HIKVision 16 Channel is around 24k.

4: Do these come in complete package or various components needs to be assembled?

DVR and Cameras are different, you can buy in package but after you buy them, you have to connect the cameras with DVR once fixed them up.

5: I need to monitor my site all the time, so remote viewing capability through internet should be an option. Can this be done through a non-PC based DVDR too?

Most DVR's are now equipped with this feature, not a problem. Yes you can skip PC too, if you have static IP, you can configure it on DVR. Else it's same like accessing a PC over Dynamic IP. You'll get all the options under network settings on DVR to configure Dynamic IP.

6: I need to record a lot of sessions, say 12 hours, from all cameras, so can this be possible?

Depends on the capacity of HDD you are using. Generally peoples buy DVR to record 24x7. So you also need to keep buying HDD / taking backup of old sessions once HDD is full.

OP
Rahim

Rahim

Married!
Thanks Krish...err Krishnandu for answering all the my queries. What are the price range of decent cameras? The HDD in the DVRs are the usual ones used in the PCs or different and how can it be added to an old dvr?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes they are normal HDD's but geenrally peoples recommend WD Green ones as they are silent and meant for these kind of things.

Cameras are priced upon many factors, like the features you are looking for (Night Vision), the models etc.

Check the link and you'll understand *www.google.co.in/search?q=CCTV+Cam...TGbG6iAfOvoGQBQ&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=965

A normal dome / eyeball dome camera will come for around 1k - 3k depending on brand and quality (resolution and features).

Top Bottom