Need cheap laptops for Web Development at workplace [ 12K-15K ]

kasshav

Broken In
Need cheap laptops for Web Development at workplace [15K - 18k ]

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans - 15K-18K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Ans - 14" or 15"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Ans - None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Ans -
Linux (Fedora/Ubuntu/Mint) + Windows XP (Dual Boot),
Netbeans IDE,
Firefox,
Chrome,
Eclipse IDE + Android SDK
Strictly web development work,nothing else

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Ans - 1366x768,

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Ans - Nothing in particular. Just need it to be durable.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Up your budget a bit and get this:

Asus X55C-SX161D Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - Asus: Flipkart.com

Check local prices. You can get a cheaper deal. It has 3rd gen ( 22 nm ivybridge) Pentium dual core and is perfect for web development.
Just upgrade the ram to 4gb during purchase and you're good to go.

This is a better buy than celeron dual core laptops as it packs good processing power.

Also consider this:

Samsung NP300E5V-A03IN Laptop (3rd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

It has a ULV version of Pentium dual core and inherently has better battery backup.

OP
kasshav

kasshav

Broken In
@Vickybat

Thanks for these suggestions.
Aren't there any AMD based laptops? AMD would be cheaper than Intel based laptop I suppose

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@Vickybat

Thanks for these suggestions.
Aren't there any AMD based laptops? AMD would be cheaper than Intel based laptop I suppose

At this price range, there aren't any viable AMD options. All you get are c60/c70/E12** based brazos cpu which are far far less powerful than 3rd gen pentium dual core here.
Actually this laptop is even powerful than the 32k AMD A4 5000 quad core based laptop.

3rd gen Pentium dual core touches the performance of a 2nd gen core i3 and has better per core performance.
The IGP (integrated graphics processor) is good too.

You need better processing power for web development above anything else. You simply cannot go wrong with a 3rd gen PDC.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Try out your local market for both of these. Get which ever you can get cheaper there won't be a lot of difference since they are more or less the same.

OP
kasshav

kasshav

Broken In
Thanks Vickybat for your detailed explaination.
Hoping to find any of these models in local market otherwise will order online. :-D
At this price range, there aren't any viable AMD options. All you get are c60/c70/E12** based brazos cpu which are far far less powerful than 3rd gen pentium dual core here.
Actually this laptop is even powerful than the 32k AMD A4 5000 quad core based laptop.

3rd gen Pentium dual core touches the performance of a 2nd gen core i3 and has better per core performance.
The IGP (integrated graphics processor) is good too.

You need better processing power for web development above anything else. You simply cannot go wrong with a 3rd gen PDC.

Top Bottom