Need Camera Purchase Advise

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
How about a Nikon 55-300 VR? Last time I checked, it was around 10k cheaper compared to 70-300 VR?
Also, I would suggest you to get D3300 instead of D5200, the difference is minimal. With the money saved, you can get a fast 50mm too.

sujoyp

Grand Master
There is a lot of difference between Nikon 70-300 Vr and Nikon 55-300 VR ..if the only need is to reach 300mm somehow then 55-300 is ok...but 70-300 VR have awesome built, fast focus, manual over rid, which really helps.

And for a begineer D3300 is ok..but if you are an enthusiast and will be taking lot of pics, experiment a lot then getting the higher model is better with more features.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Hi guys, I am having a small issue. I visited a Nikon outlet in a mall yesterday and the owner told me that Nikon cameras purchased online do not have warranty as sellers like ws retails, amazon etc are not authorized dealers of Nikon. This was also stated on various sales brouchers made by Nikon themselves (the one with advertising of a camera model). So anyone with experience can throw some light on this?

- - - Updated - - -

The same is mentioned here - *www.nikon.co.in/en_IN/about/product_news/e-commerce-advisory

I guess they mean we need to check with seller.

sujoyp

Grand Master
the shopkeeper is absolutely correct. you have to check the seller at nikon india's site if they are authorised or not.

If you can pay 100% and want cheap online then you can buy from Aneesh. He is the cheapest available anywhere. but need to pay 100% online transfer and then he ships the product. he is listed in nikon india website as videolink from kerela.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I have never purchased through online shopping.
Body bought from local shop and lenses and accessories through Aneesh or guys at jjmehta.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I would suggest you to go for D5300 + the kit lens.

You can buy extra lens after few months too!

D5300 is not worth the extra price over D5200 IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I called Nikon customer care today and they said they honor warranty if a warranty card is provided with the camera. If this card is available, it doesn't matter if the seller was an authorized dealer or not.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Harshil but its better not to take risk on such costly items...Nikon have clearly mentioned in there statement everywhere that if the item is bought from unauthorised shops or shops which are not listed on Nikon website then they will not provide warranty.

I would take nikon's word more seriously.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Harshil but its better not to take risk on such costly items...Nikon have clearly mentioned in there statement everywhere that if the item is bought from unauthorised shops or shops which are not listed on Nikon website then they will not provide warranty.

I would take nikon's word more seriously.

Yes, I am also thinking about the same. Its an expensive product and saving 2-3k is not not worth it.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Finally purchased Nikon D5200 with 18-55 mm VRII kit lens. Ordered Friday morning (~ 1:00 am), received today. Bought for Rs. 25,462 from Flipkart on Big Billion Day sale.
I also purchased a used AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300MM F/4.5-5.6G ED VR from OLX for 9.3k (price for new is ~21k).

Despite the confusion on warranty on camera purchased online, I read flipkart reviews and called Nikon customer care to verify that and found it's not an issue. If the serial number is not blacklisted (as in case of gray market cameras), you will get warranty. Whats confusing is that the pack mentions a 2 year warranty but the warranty card mentions 1 year. Will contact Nikon to rectify this.

Now I need a lesnpen, a lens hood and a bigger camera bag. The supplied one isn't big enough to accompany body + 2 lenses (body + 1 lens is fine).

Overall, for Rs. 37,762 I got D5200 body + 18-55 mm + 55-300 mm lens, 8 GB memory card and a decent bag.

*i.imgur.com/p539F2d.jpg
*i.imgur.com/nsCauPs.jpg
*i.imgur.com/AlXAmkT.jpg
*i.imgur.com/prnfOm9.jpg
*i.imgur.com/IbljzMS.jpg
*i.imgur.com/3YHIDVv.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Bnt2NWR.jpg
*i.imgur.com/3OrMyrl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Qi0dAMm.jpg
*i.imgur.com/7CaIDQk.jpg
*i.imgur.com/BYmT1zn.jpg
*i.imgur.com/jAfAVpJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ASoOCEx.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Ht70TrO.jpg
*i.imgur.com/mR2pyNa.jpg
*i.imgur.com/krxtFq2.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ZDcjFts.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
That's an excellent deal. Congrats... I couldn't check any deals on flipkart as it was only on app.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
That's an excellent deal. Congrats... I couldn't check any deals on flipkart as it was only on app.

The exact deal first came on amazon. Then it also came on Flipkart. I purchases around 1:00 am and till ~12:00 noon it was all gone :p. I'll buy a lens hood and lenspen locally.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also try "buy hatke" website. It shows app only deals too on its website. Its plugin is also awesome.

sujoyp

Grand Master
then why do you need one...dont worry nothing happens...and if you accidentally drop the cam then scratch guard wont help

Top Bottom