Need Best Portable External hard disk

tutseasy

Right off the assembly line
Hey Geek, I am looking for Portable External hard disk with feature like 1 TB Space USB 3.0 and my Budget is between 5k to 6k

I have shortlisted some but not able to decide the Best from the Below List

WD WDBBEP0010BBK
Seagate STBU1000302
Transcend TS1TSJ25H3P
Transcend TS1TSJ25A3K
Transcend TS1TSJ25D3

Please Help me out to get the Best out of Best!

pratheeshps

Journeyman
You should check Transcend Storejet series.It has a shock proof ,rugged outerbody which protects the drive from falls & shocks.I think WD,Seagate series doesn't have that kind of feature.

ashusood331

Broken In
Hey Geek, I am looking for Portable External hard disk with feature like 1 TB Space USB 3.0 and my Budget is between 5k to 6k

I have shortlisted some but not able to decide the Best from the Below List

WD WDBBEP0010BBK
Seagate STBU1000302
Transcend TS1TSJ25H3P
Transcend TS1TSJ25A3K
Transcend TS1TSJ25D3

Please Help me out to get the Best out of Best!

WD WDBBEP0010BBK is good choice according to me

pratheeshps

Journeyman
WD WDBBEP0010BBK is good choice according to me

If the user wants External HDD for a additional replacement of HDD & doesn't use for carrying around data often,WD,Seagate are fine though.If he really needs portability as a main factor,Transcend Storejet series is the winner.Don't go merely for read/write speeds,only ensure it is USB 3.0.If you are an average user,you know that HDD would be severely affected due to shock & impacts.External HDD is an internal HDD coupled with external circuit[USB or e-sata] which can be detached easily once you open the HDD.So factors affecting internal HDD is applicable to external HDD too.Seagate & WD harddisks usually have a cheap plastic outer casing around the HDD & no protection is provided for the HDD.Transcend Storejet series has a silicone & rubber sheath accompanied by a thick outer casing around the HDD which is a standardized protection for DATA safety,unavailable in similar available brands,which also provides a sufficient grip to hold it.

I have used both Seagate & Transcend external HDD & I am writing from this from my own personal experience.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You won't get good support for Transcend here. Many have been waiting for many months, even as high as 1 year for replacement. Seagate Backup Plus 1TB STBU1000300 or 302 is a good choice.

There's no such thing as "If the user wants External HDD for a additional replacement of HDD & doesn't use for carrying around data often,WD,Seagate are fine though.". All drives are now made by either WD or Seagate. Toshiba OEM drivers are madeby Hitachi Global Storage, which is now owned by WD. If you want, you can take a look at ADATA HD710. The HD710 I reviewed was a 500GB model and it used Seagate's ST9500325AS which has a "Free-fall" protection feature. Ofcourse its not always fool-proof, but the most part, the feature protects the drive when its dropped during its operation. The drive's performance is pretty okay. Irrespective of the rubber protection (just like HD710 and many others like that), its best to avoid that scenario always.

But I am not sure how good ADATA's replacements are.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I am looking for a 1TB external too and pretty much decided on the Seagate Backup Plus. All I want to know is if it is a 7200rpm drive?

Top Bottom