need Android under 6.5 k :galaxy y duos lite S5302 a good choice

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
i need an android mobile under 6.5 k :|
urgently..
since the budget is so small :cry: :-?, i just want a reliable ASS and good quality.
i have decided Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite S5302

please suggest..
its urgent..
have blacklisted micromax ninja series,
i previously selected the micromac Smarty 4.0
its is great, but not availaible anywhere..
if somebody knows that its available in kolkata, please reply.

TIA :-D

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
The NINJA A87 and SMARTY 4.0 A68 over all the smarty is good but lacks 3g support !
so it completely depends on whether 3g is a necessity or not , also it has an inferior display in terms of color reproduction, so if display and 3g support is primary for you then get a 87 else a 68 !

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^first read what i have written buddy..
then reply..
have blacklisted micromax ninja series,
i previously selected the micromac Smarty 4.0
its is great, but not availaible anywhere..

and no, 3g is not that necessary..

but obviously, try to get it if it fits the budget..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
after using Y Duos lite, your signature will become "Don't buy samsung too". save your money and avoid the crap named Y Duos.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Avoid.

You can get Karbonn A15.

The next sensible option is the Xperia Tipo. but that sells for atleast 2k more.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
after using Y Duos lite, your signature will become "Don't buy samsung too". save your money and avoid the crap named Y Duos.

Apart from bad resolution, if one doesn't has intention of gaming, then I don't think it's that bad. Using it since a couple of weeks. Although I'm not an avid android user so my POV may differ.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Apart from bad resolution, if one doesn't has intention of gaming, then I don't think it's that bad. Using it since a couple of weeks.

agree.but that may be because you use it as a phone itself.
i like my galaxy y though it is oft spoken bad of here.
but if op is into gaming and all, he should check out arm v7 devices.
but it runs gingerbread in a day when even ICS and JB 4.1 are outdated :(

OT - @dashing.sujay are you a supermod or something?? i haven't seen a blue username before.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
agree.but that may be because you use it as a phone itself.
i like my galaxy y though it is oft spoken bad of here.
but if op is into gaming and all, he should check out arm v7 devices.
but it runs gingerbread in a day when even ICS and JB 4.1 are outdated :(

OT - @dashing.sujay are you a supermod or something?? i haven't seen a blue username before.

With mere 6-7 k budget one can't, and shouldn't expect from GB to ICS to JB. Updates are directly related to hardware, which most of the people ignore and do foul cry about updates being ignored.

Plus updates are not everyone's cup of tea, i.e. when any one uses his/her phone just as a phone, which works almost fine, then why will he care so much for updates?

Greens are super mods, blue section mods. Check td.com/forum/showgroups.php

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
With mere 6-7 k budget one can't, and shouldn't expect from GB to ICS to JB. Updates are directly related to hardware, which most of the people ignore and do foul cry about updates being ignored.

Plus updates are not everyone's cup of tea, i.e. when any one uses his/her phone just as a phone, which works almost fine, then why will he care so much for updates?

Greens are super mods, blue section mods. Check td.com/forum/showgroups.php

true story. But if you do get atleast ICS for 6-7k doesnt it make more sense to go for that ??

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ yup.
i would also like to know the phone.

and no gaming at all.
do i seem like a duffer to try playing at 320x240 ??

i wanted a reliable phone so that it does not create phone problems,
i saw reviews of two ninja phones on flipkart (ninja 3 and ninja 4) and found out that two or three persons (of the "Certified buyer"s) have said that it has call problems, auto switchoff problems, low volume during calls, and so on..

the only good featured handset among the micromax range was smarty a68 (without any "certified" bad response, which micromax has withdrew (at least the shopkeepers say it like that :shock: )

and also karbon is a chinese company (i mean really, its not reliable, i think:cry:, if it wasn't i would have bought that)
and also android is a must,
the person who will use it is not very well tempered one :mrgreen:, so, NO permanent problems can be allowed..
that is why i am asking for a cellphone you guys have used..
so that i can buy it..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Apart from bad resolution, if one doesn't has intention of gaming, then I don't think it's that bad. Using it since a couple of weeks. Although I'm not an avid android user so my POV may differ.

screen is way too small @ 2.8". i find my mobile's 3.2" small when browsing. 3.5" should be the minimum. and lastly Samsung is using the ancient processor to keep cost low. Galaxy Chat & Music ships with ARM v7 based processor hence supports ICS.

i think AlphaQ meant ICS out of box. obviously at sub 10k, updates are kind of unheard of.

Obviously, but not at the cost of performance. Which phone btw?

MMX A68, Karbonn A15 offers ICS out of the box at 6k with lot better screen size & resolution. Processing side too they take home a easy win.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
i'm still wiling to buy an A68 but where ?
all stores "OUT OF STOCK" . "Micomax has stopped supply" , "micromax has withdrew it" and so onn...
and karbonn A15 : where are user reviews, it is not listed on flipkart..

should i buy the zte idea blade then ??
3.5 incher but very low ram, and still china maal :-D

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Sam mentioned the Galaxy Chat which is a brilliant phone according to me. Armv7 !!
And that BCM2154 chipset is pretty decent too.
The Broadcom Videocore 4 is actually quite powerful.Incidently it is the same GPU used in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, which is twice the phone of the Chat in all aspects.

+1 Samsung Galaxy Chat. And it seems to be getting good reviews on Flipkart.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
where ?? but it does make the most sensible choice.

Samsung Galaxy Chat Price in India on Jan 16, 2013 | Galaxy Chat B5330 Review & Specfications | PriceDekho India
Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 Price, Reviews, Specifications & Features - 91mobiles.com

for about a thousand more you get 4 gb internal storage, ICS, QWERTY keypad , Armv7 processor and of course reliablity.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
most do. The apps that donot work on QVGA phones are those which are incompatible with Armv6 in general and wouldnt work on an HVGA/WVGA device too if it was Armv6.

The Galaxy Chat being Armv7 should be compatible with most apps.

You can go a step up to the Tipo or get the HTC Explorer but the laughable 90 Mb is a turnoff.

I am not a Samsung fanboy but then the Galaxy Chat seems the most sensible option.Temple Run is compatible too :D

Top Bottom