need android phone in the 17 k range.

paul.rohit

Broken In
hello.

1)I need an android phone for under 17 k . im looking for a bright screen, min of 4 inches of display, and no lag....ive shortlisted the xperia L and the galaxy s advance and galaxy core...please help me choose the right phone.

2) should I wait for a new launch?

3) ive seen the xperia L and the screen looked a little bland. is it because of the low ppi?

4) I was also considering the xperia m but ive heard it only has 4 gb of internal memory. will downloading apps be a problem? will transferring apps from phone to sd card be a problem?

I would greatly appreciate your help
thanks

ashs1

Padawan
Go for Xperia L..much better than galaxy s & core !!

I think its advised that screens bigger than 4 inches should have at least more than 200 ppi.

Galaxy core has a 4.3 inch screen ( 217 ppi ).
Galaxy s advance has a 4.0 inch screen (~233 ppi )
xperia L has a 4.3 inch ( 227 ppi )

Xperia M is a much newer model from sony. I haven't read any reviews on it yet, so i can't comment much about it.
As a XL user, i haven't faced much problem with it & so far, i m happy. :D.
If you are not planning on using lots of apps & very specific on screen quality, Lumia 720 is another wonderful mobile. I am still in love with its screen & camera quality. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Galaxy Core is crap. powered by slow Cortex A5 processor. mayn't lag initially but throw any heavy apps, games or try multitasking it'll surely show its weaknesses.

Decide between LG L9 and Xperia L. with L9 you are getting better display and more battery backup. performance should be close to Xperia L. Xperia L has more internal memory but even with L9, 4GB won't hurt as you can move apps to external storage. Some games (which are directly downloaded to internal storage) may fail to install if free space is low.

dude1

Journeyman
Go for Xperia L..much better than galaxy s & core !!

I think its advised that screens bigger than 4 inches should have at least more than 200 ppi.

Galaxy core has a 4.3 inch screen ( 217 ppi ).
Galaxy s advance has a 4.0 inch screen (~233 ppi )
xperia L has a 4.3 inch ( 227 ppi )

Xperia M is a much newer model from sony. I haven't read any reviews on it yet, so i can't comment much about it.
As a XL user, i haven't faced much problem with it & so far, i m happy. :D.
If you are not planning on using lots of apps & very specific on screen quality, Lumia 720 is another wonderful mobile. I am still in love with its screen & camera quality. :)
OP specifically mentioned he needs android phone....
Agree, Xperia L is best choice in ur budget,Can also consider L9 for bigger screen option...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but the screen of the L as compared to the s advance is much less vibrant...please correct me if im wrong

S Advanced has S-AMOLED display so you get better contrast whereas Xperia L has to do with plain TFT so display looks a bit washed out. However S Adv is difficult to find locally and compared to Xperia L, has weak processor as well as GPU. if you want to restrict your budget to 13k maximum, S Adv makes sense.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
S Advance. Will save you a lot of money. But any phone in that range will not last longer except a Lumia. If possible, increase your budget & get Samsung Galaxy S3.

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
S Advanced has S-AMOLED display so you get better contrast whereas Xperia L has to do with plain TFT so display looks a bit washed out. However S Adv is difficult to find locally and compared to Xperia L, has weak processor as well as GPU. if you want to restrict your budget to 13k maximum, S Adv makes sense.

if availability is not a problem, should I get a s advance over a xperia L? also, the budget can be increased to 18 so im even considering htc options now

HTC in this range are you kidding me!!
HTC sucks more than samsung in this range

That's true........

The only HTC phone, that deserves to be bought is HTC One (Dual too)......

Xperia L is a good phone...... You can check this out too......My friend ordered it today...(I couldn't sway him for SP or N4 16GB, but still its a great phone for the price)
Brand New LG Optimus G E970 Unlocked Quadcore 2GB Ram 4.7"IPS Display 8MP | eBay

Top Bottom