need an Ext. Hard disk

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
One more thing you'll need AHCI mode enabled in BIOS + AHCI/SATA drivers installed to get the eSATA plug and play feature otherwise you'll have to turn off your sys plug the drive in the eSATA port then start the sys for it to work in IDE mode. Ignore if you're familiar with this.
Isin't the AHCI/SATA Drivers installed by default (wen installing Win 7 OS x64bit)..?? :confused:

btw, thanx alot for the update... also.. is ur HDD Enclosure able to keep the HDD cooler..??

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Isin't the AHCI/SATA Drivers installed by default (wen installing Win 7 OS x64bit)..?? :confused:

Don't know but I've to install it manually on my ICH9R :-(

But you can find out very easily :smile:.. that the drivers are installed or not :arrow:

Right click my comp > manage > device manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers > it will show SATA/AHCI if enabled and installed properly

btw, thanx alot for the update... also.. is ur HDD Enclosure able to keep the HDD cooler..??

Yeah having a cooling fan really helps. I'm trying it now with a 500GB Seagate SATA2 HDD & in AIDA64 the temp varies from 30-37C. Summer's in full throttle already here in Kolkata, long grueling days ahead :C_insane:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

thanx for the update, will try to get this HDD Enclosure, since it runs cool and has less stress of heat on the HDD.. looks promising... :)

mitraark

Decrepit
I have a Seagate Freeagent 1 TB and it is the best thing i have ever bought , i use it so much.. USB 2.0 yes , only about 35MB/s speed , good enough for me. Pricing is sweet at the moment , 2TB although cheaper by Rs/GB , still won;t need that much as external. Specify your needs for the External HDD // If you have urgent professional use for faster Data Transfer then go for e-Sata [ NO to USB 3.0 , it is hardly available , HDD as well as Motherboards ] otherswise just get plain USB 2.0 , save money giving up extra few minutes/

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I have a Seagate Freeagent 1 TB and it is the best thing i have ever bought , i use it so much.. USB 2.0 yes , only about 35MB/s speed , good enough for me. Pricing is sweet at the moment , 2TB although cheaper by Rs/GB , still won;t need that much as external. Specify your needs for the External HDD // If you have urgent professional use for faster Data Transfer then go for e-Sata [ NO to USB 3.0 , it is hardly available , HDD as well as Motherboards ] otherswise just get plain USB 2.0 , save money giving up extra few minutes/
Thanks. I guess I'll go with USB 2.0

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
YouTube - ‪Attaching an optical drive externally via a laptop's eSATA-USB combo port / eSATAp‬‏

i saw this video ..connecting an internal Sata drive to a laptop's esata port with a cable ( without any hdd enclosure )...Is this possible to be connect my internal hdd as shown in this video??

Finally i got a External hdd
Seagate 2 T.B externally powered GoFlex Desk with usb3 upgradable option for Rs.4950

Last edited:

Kanra

Broken In
Buy Western Digital My Book Essential 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBACW0020HBK SESN at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

should've picked this. WD essential is better and with 15% discount coupon would have been sweet

Top Bottom