need an android touch + querty phone

tousif

Journeyman
hieee guyss...
i am about to buy a new smartphone...so i need ur help.
i neeed an android device with full touchscreen and a slider querty keyboard..
so plzzz suggest me the best device in the range of rs.15000 to rs.20000.
any brand could be suggested...but it should be the best..
thnksss in advance

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Only option under this price range is Motorila Milestone. But it's not worth it. Askin' 15k+ for a 600 MHz proccy mobile is too much.
If you can omit QWERTY part, go for Samsung Galaxy SL for ~18k. Or if you really want a (worthy) QWERTY+android phone, you have to increase your budget by 5k for HTC Desire Z.

pauldmps

Banned
Forget QWERTY. On screen keyboard is as usable as a hardware keyboard.

Pick your choice from:

1. Motorola Defy
2. SE Xperia X10
3. Samsung Galaxy SL
4. Samsung Galaxy Ace

vbraval

Right off the assembly line
you can go through Samsung Galaxy 551.
its price is about 12,500 .
Android 2.2 Froyo + Qwerty
nice Phone .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ not worth it when it was launched neither now.

BTW, Milestone2 launching in a month's time here @ 20k. so WAIT.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ source!!!

Forget QWERTY. On screen keyboard is as usable as a hardware keyboard.

You cant compare hardware qwerty with on-screen qwerty keypad. Hardware qwerty is way ahead in usability!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ And why do you think we need SWYPE, to increase typing speed on on-screen keyboard
That itself says that hardware qwerty is better.
PS - My friend can type faster on his e63 than me on my optimus one (with swype)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^ And why do you think we need SWYPE, to increase typing speed on on-screen keyboard
That itself says that hardware qwerty is better.
PS - My friend can type faster on his e63 than me on my optimus one (with swype)

I agree physical keyboards are good. Even non-qwerty ones... I was really very fast on my Samsung C100 with T9 dictionary. It had polyphonic ringtones, 1.8" 16k colours screen, a notification led with many colours... it was slim and very resilient. Dropped it many times... it was even water resistant. Used it for 4 years of my engineering college.

Really miss that phone... :)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Sam said:
With swype you can type english words but try any shortcut or say regional language dubbed in english, swype have no answer for those.

You can make swype learn those words...

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
Are motorola phones worth buying???
I used to used have motorazr tht just sucked....so i just dont have the faith in motorola phones.....and wat abt the battery backup....

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Motorola Milestone 2 is a great handset. It is one of the best handset available with full qwerty keypad.
And here is what GSMArena.com says about its battery life -
It managed to get us through three and a half days of medium use, during which we had Wi-Fi on all the time and tried out basically every feature of the phone.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ It is Android so it is as usable as any other Android phone, not like the Razr.

Milestone 2 is available on Letsbuy.com for 21k. A great phone indeed!

From GSMArena review:

It managed to get us through three and a half days of medium use, during which we had Wi-Fi on all the time and tried out basically every feature of the phone.

the Motorola MILESTONE 2 is a no-regrets phone. With solid build and excellent software, it will do everything you want it to and do it better than most.

Motorola MILESTONE 2 review: Landmark droid - GSMArena.com

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The only main choice is Galaxy 551.
But has a slow processor. And many other let downs.

Wait for Milestone. Completely good phone. No letdowns.
Completely worth the wait.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
whoa! The stats seem great but it would have been even better if it had 1 Gb Ram.

why on Earth dont the new phones have Bluetooth 3.0 ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
only the costly ones are worth. & also
they are so late in getting updates.
also new Android mobiles from
motorola comes with its bootloader
locked/signed. means no custom rom
Thats very bad.

Android should prevent OEM's from customisation so updates can be had easily and as soon updated Android is relaunched.

pauldmps

Banned
Motorola has already asked its customers to buy Motorola handsets only if they are satisfied with the current software & to never expect upgrades.

Top Bottom