need advise on how to deal with a fellow digitian

desai_amogh

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I have recently been in touch with couple of Datawind guys over the email. I have also seen this user kg11sgbg cribbing about his issue. He paid for the tab some 2 month ago and datawind never delivered it.

I took kg11sgbg's details and sent them to Datawind and told them about the issue. I also told them unless this guy gets his tab delivered who is waiting for more than 2 months after his payments, I cant trust them or make a payment.

The Datawind guy agreed to deliver his Tab and instead sent it to me (im sure they dont have any compliance or QC in their delivery dept).

I got this kg11sgbg's Ubislate tab delivered on 18/06/2012. I spoke with kg11sgbg over the phone, informed him about the whole issue and agreed to deliver it to him. I told him to pay me for the Octroi charges Rs 144.00 and delivery charges (Rs 300 - Rs 350) from Pune to his address (and i will send him invoices for the same). He initial agreed for the same, but later on the same day (18/06/2012) stopped answering my calls, wont reply to SMS. He replied by SMS on 19/06/2012 (today) saying "back off", i suppose that means "get lost".

Now kg11sgbg has spent money on this tab which I have in possession and im ready to send it to him, all he has to do is pay me for the delivery charges and we are done. But this guy is not responding. I had also sent him an email on 18/06/2012.

I can not send this back to Datawind, as I have already paid Rs 144 on octroi and i am not ready to spend more money on delivery to send it to Datawind.

Kindly suggest what I should do in such a situation. I am posting this on an open forum to avoid any misunderstanding which might spoil my forum reputation at a later time, if this kg11sgbg guy tries to spread wrong things about me later.

Moreover, I would still appeal to kg11sgbg to reply to me on urgent basis and get this issue resolved. I had also offered kg11sgbg that i can buy the tab if he wishes to sell it to me and save all the hassel.

Kindly advise what can be done in this situation, I have no issues to either send it to him, or buy it from him. the package is intact, i can send photos and I have not opened it.

Last edited:
OP
desai_amogh

desai_amogh

In the zone
Re: Akash tablet project nearly-dead because of corruption?

^Agreed,that I am at their mercy.
Question is:---> Which distributor?
What kind of distributor?
Where is their location?
What about their reliability?

Buddy,any one of you,could you shed some light of information about the distributors?

Hi Kaushik.. i got your parcel .. those datawind **h*les are so stupid tht they delivered your product to my address. Now as i have already spent a lot of time following up with my contacts at datawind.. i hope u appreciate my efforts and care to reply asap.

I have been trying to get through to you over the fone and on chat for whole evening (today) without success. (btw may be u have setup ur fone to auto diconnect calls or something, as it would deliver my sms but said the no is busy for some reason for more than 4 hours.. strange ) now im not wasting any more time on this.

let me know wht u wanna do.

Amogh

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am not being judge or anything. But let kg11sgbg say something about this. We heard from your side, and i personally think you tried to did right thing.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, it's between you guys to sort it out mutually.

Whatever you're doing is a good gesture, but in the end it depends on the trust of the person you're helping out.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

^Send the package back to Datawind,so that they will send me properly.I am not going to pay any extra paise to whomsoever,due to such utter callousness.
You have my shipment address through my sms message,if possible send it,otherwise your choice your decision.

I shall deal with Datawind seperately,but it's unbelieavable that after providing Datawind with my full details of "Shipping Address" and "Contact No" + "Other relevant Info." how such fault occurs?

I think all forum members and respected Mods. should take a kind notice what Mr. Amogh Desai is saying through his thread.
Is it possible friends?
Mr. Amogh Desai also generously, told me to arrange for Rs.144/-(Octroi Duty Charges) + Rs.Something for the delivery of the tablet.

WHY SHOULD I PAY , FOR NO FAULT OF MINE?

Datawind has confirmed to all customers,that after pre-paying Rs.2,999/- for the Ubislate7+ Tablet,the customer should not pay any more single dime.
Only those customers,after booking wishes to receive the Tablet by "Cash-on-Delivery" method has to pay Rs.200/- extra as handling/delivery charges.

I WANT A DECISION BY FORUM ADMINISTRATORS/MODERATORS and GENERAL MEMBERS.

I request all to provide their valuable decisions without any bias or sentiment.
Just explore the logic.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

I smell scam.
Posted via Mobile Device

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

^Desmond, what is your opinion?
Am I a victim of the scam or otherwise(a part of the scam)?

nims11

BIOS Terminator
since desai_amogh is willing to buy it, why not let him keep the package and buy another one with shipping address of kg11sgbg.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kindly suggest what I should do in such a situation. I am posting this on an open forum to avoid any misunderstanding which might spoil my forum reputation at a later time, if this kg11sgbg guy tries to spread wrong things about me later.
well, I suggest you to keep it with yourself. Just looking at the situation, you got a new tablet only for Rs. 144/the cost of Octroi. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Let Kaushik wait for his tablet to arrive if he has any doubts.

OP
desai_amogh

desai_amogh

In the zone
ok guys.. besides above comment from kg11sgbg, I also had a small chat with him over SMS today. As he wants the shipment only through the datawind guys and doesnt wish to deal with me in any sort, I am left with to deal with Datawind in this matter.

^ @ico
I got his package for only Rs 144.00 only, hoever i do not feel i should keep it for myself as i know its price is Rs 2999.00. I have written to the datawind guys and will only return it if they are ready to send me a cheque for the money I have spent on this. I am trying to make them send me something in writing about this mess and agree to me keeping the tab and pay them Rs 2999. I dont want any fuss from anybody at a later time.

lets see wht datawind has to say.. will post back..

and for other guys who think its a scam ... i had no reason to create this thread if it was one.. neither would I offer to pay the amount and keep it for myself. And scam worth of rs 144 actroi charges + Rs 300 delivery charges (tht too with an invoice) ?? funny.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
@OP: Keep the tablet yourself and let kg11sgbg deal with Datawind. It's Datawind's mistake and they should pay for it, not you or kg11sgbg.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Simple. Not OP's mistake. So let the DataWind guys feel the heat. Not you. You paid for the device and you got it. Enjoy your device, let them sort it out themselves.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ desai_amogh, you've got kg11sgbg's response. I feel as a gesture of goodwill, you've tried your best for the things to get correct. And since you've also contacted Datawind. If these people give a positive response in say 10 days, the matter will be sorted out, but if in case they don't care to respond, I feel it'll not be your fault and after that you should keep the device and let kg11sgbg deal with Datawind for his device. On the Lighter side, you'll get a reward for trying to helping out others.
BTW this is strange how can these people be so careless and send it to some one else's address without confirming from the Buyer.
Lesson: Doosron ke phate mein taang nahi adaani chahiye.:mrgreen:

OP
desai_amogh

desai_amogh

In the zone
@ desai_amogh,
dude.. mein to khudka phata seene ki koshish kar raha tha..

Basically, Datawind was asking me for payments and that they will delivery the tab in 10 days after my payments.. I just gave them this guy kg11sgbg's example and told them I will only make the payment when this guy gets his tab.. instead they sent it to me :p

TheSloth

The Slowest One

that's correct. And

Its nobody's mistake except datawind. And kg11sgbg response is normal if he don't know amogh personally. Anyone will doubt if same thing happened to themselves in place of kg11sgbg.

iinfi

mekalodu
dude.. mein to khudka phata seene ki koshish kar raha tha..

Basically, Datawind was asking me for payments and that they will delivery the tab in 10 days after my payments.. I just gave them this guy kg11sgbg's example and told them I will only make the payment when this guy gets his tab.. instead they sent it to me :p

do u have any list of people who havent got their tabs or SIIIs or iPhones... i'll call datawind (whoever that is) .. and tell them the same story ... i'll get everything for under 400 INR...
wat an idea sirji :p

Top Bottom