need advice on spending money for correct parts

Hi! my cpu configuration is below-
amd athlon x2 260 3.2 ghz proceesor
4gb starlite ddr3 1333 ram
gigabyte 78lmts2p motherboard
iball lpe223-400 smps
lg l1515s tft monitor

as recommended by other members, i am going to buy 6670 1gb ddr5 gfx crd...

i have an additional 1500-2000 rs. budget..which i cant spend on gfx crd..so suggest me some parts needed by my cpu(it may be upgrading)...but other than psu...
you can suggest other computer parts also..i have genius keyboard and speaker ..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you wish to, replace the SMPS with a better one.

Corsair CX430v2 for example. Should cost Rs. 2200.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Apart from upgrading the SMPS, nothing you should do. The SMPS you're having is simply a local crap and can harm your whole system anytime when you'll plug the Graphics card.
So get a good SPMPS like Corsair CX430 V2 or FSP SAGA II 500W. Both the SMPS are very good and keep the path open for future upgrades.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
what does a psu require to be eligible to fit into a particular cpu??
CPU is this:
*www.easy-computer-tech.com/images/CPU.jpg

You don't fit a PSU in a CPU. You fit it in a cabinet or case.

Read this: SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd. - PSU Form Factors

All PSUs you find for PC cases are ATX PS/2. Form factor isn't anything to worry about.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
by cpu i meant the whole cabinet..i have a frontech nimbus cabinet..so any of the above suggested or any other psu would be ok with my configurations??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
by cpu i meant the whole cabinet..i have a frontech nimbus cabinet..so any of the above suggested or any other psu would be ok with my configurations??
All PSUs you find for PC cases are ATX PS/2. Form factor isn't anything to worry about.
^^^^^

Do read this thread before deciding: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

Corsair CX430v2 is what you have been recommended.

Top Bottom