Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Make 6 partitions:
Partition 1: Win XP
Partition 2: Red Hat
Partition 3: Files of Win Xp
Partition 4: Files of Red Hat
Partition 5: Common Files (Like .htm files and movie files)
Partition 6: For the future OS. Use for anything you like for now. ;-)

OP
W

whistler

Journeyman
@ sujithtom: buddy the question now is not how to partition but how to password protect the entry in boot.ini..

anyways thnx foe the sugesstion...
(but really asking u suggested a mess on a HDD...) "No offence"

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Re: hmm...

whistler said:
what do u people say about adding Dos to boot.ini and using "loadlin" will it do the trick 4 me?

Okay, do it.... add an entry of DOS and in the autoexec.bat file add the reference of loadlin..... autoexec.bat is anyway not executed by your windows XP startup routine...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Re: hehe

whistler said:
BUT HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT THIS BOOT.INI"

You can't password protect entries in BOOT.INI coz there's no such thing called as password protection in NT boot loader.... what you can do is add the password protection in GRUB configuration file... or be bold and install grub onto master boot record...

OP
W

whistler

Journeyman
ok

ok got it....gav up the thing....what i have done is, installed the GRUB on dirst sector of /boot.
and added the entry in boot.ini..
everything id fine till now....i can select "linux" from boot.ini and boot linux
quiet peacefully..
now i have done a mistake and want to fix it...
actually i got the idead if protecting the linux boot through GRUB only after the process of boot.ini...
mow can anyone tell me how to do it manually in grub.conf?
dont tell me to run cd1 to repair grub... i dont have cd's and will also not burn my iso's

ANY TAKERS?

tuxfan

Technomancer
now i have done a mistake and want to fix it...
actually i got the idead if protecting the linux boot through GRUB only after the process of boot.ini...
mow can anyone tell me how to do it manually in grub.conf?
dont tell me to run cd1 to repair grub... i dont have cd's and will also not burn my iso's

Huh?? I couldn't understand what you are saying. Please clarify (and simplify)

OP
W

whistler

Journeyman
sorry

actually i wanna know how to edit grub.conf to password protect my linux menu entry "manually"..
got it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom