kingston 8gbx1 4534.68 snapdeal

wd blue 1tb 3845 amazon.in

Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 10020 flipkart/onlyssd

antec vp550p 3368 snapdeal

cooler master n300 3250 smcinternational

dell s2240l 8500 snapdeal

APC-BX600CI-IN Backup Power Supply 2620 snapdeal

Total -55,763.68

^^ this! you will see no difference between an EVO and pro. I have had an awesome experience with both and its hard to tell the difference in real life. Even the benchmarks are pretty close after the latest firmwares. :) for a 1000-1500 bucks more a 250GB EVO is a much more value buy than a 128gb PRO.

Alas! I guess I went ahead a little too early... anyways Thank You!

Some of the components have been delivered. And unfortunately the cabinet is coming by slow Surface transport. Just hope it arrives in time for me to check if all components are working fine before the 7 day return window.

All the components so far have come in factory sealed packs.
The WD Internal hard drive has been delivered in a sealed polythene bag within a not sealed unbranded cardboard box. I am assuming that is normal.

Any further advice?

I understand that the 2 most tricky areas during assembly are
1. Seating the heat sink/fan onto the processor + motherboard
2. Preventing ESD from frying circuits on your motherboard.

I can use some advice.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Alas! I guess I went ahead a little too early... anyways Thank You!

Some of the components have been delivered. And unfortunately the cabinet is coming by slow Surface transport. Just hope it arrives in time for me to check if all components are working fine before the 7 day return window.

All the components so far have come in factory sealed packs.
The WD Internal hard drive has been delivered in a sealed polythene bag within a not sealed unbranded cardboard box. I am assuming that is normal.

Any further advice?

I understand that the 2 most tricky areas during assembly are
1. Seating the heat sink/fan onto the processor + motherboard
2. Preventing ESD from frying circuits on your motherboard.

I can use some advice.

1. Really easy. Place the processor in the cutout by matching the symbol on the processor and motherboard. Lock it in. See the motherboard manual for details. Next align the pins of the heat sink to the holes, set it firmly, push the pins in, rotate the plastic tops. Refer to manual for details
2. For ESD just touch the ground terminal or the ground with your screw driver. Don't assemble on a carpet. Be bare footed you will be fine.

OP
N

newhere

Broken In
1. Really easy. Place the processor in the cutout by matching the symbol on the processor and motherboard. Lock it in. See the motherboard manual for details. Next align the pins of the heat sink to the holes, set it firmly, push the pins in, rotate the plastic tops. Refer to manual for details
2. For ESD just touch the ground terminal or the ground with your screw driver. Don't assemble on a carpet. Be bare footed you will be fine.

Within the cutout there would me micro circuits I assume that complete the circuit between the processor and the motherboard. Hence again I should not be touching anything that remotely looks like a circuit to avoid shorting something. Is that right?

Also for assembly surface, how does a plastic table sound? (Nilkamal types ;) )

I am really nervous. Please excuse ignorant and stupid questions.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
dont touch the gold part, both on the cpu and the mobo.
i recommend you to watch the newegg's assembling video on youtube (part 2)

OP
N

newhere

Broken In
dont touch the gold part, both on the cpu and the mobo.
i recommend you to watch the newegg's assembling video on youtube (part 2)

On my list now... Been watching a few assembly videos and reading several tutorials.. Thats all I can do until my cabinet arrives :)

- - - Updated - - -

Few more doubts

1. I have Windows 7 32-bit installer on a external hdd. I would be creating a bootable USB Flash drive or a bootable disc of the same. I understand 64-bit can better exploit my hardware. But I am stuck with 32 bit for now. The mobo manual says "Due to Windows 32-bit OS limitation, when more than 4GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed."

I should still be able to see 8GB being identified in the BIOS and the entire 8GB RAM (single channel) that I am using would be utilized while running Windows 7 32-bit. Am I right?

2. I do not yet have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I have a Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard. Will the BIOS have drivers/identify the USB Wireless Mouse and keyboard and let me input keystrokes and mouse clicks?

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you need to use 64 bit os if you have 4gb or higher amount of ram. otherwise the remaining ram will not be usable until you install 64 bit os. you wont be able to use your whole 8gb ram in a 32 bit os!

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
On my list now... Been watching a few assembly videos and reading several tutorials.. Thats all I can do until my cabinet arrives :)

- - - Updated - - -

Few more doubts

1. I have Windows 7 32-bit installer on a external hdd. I would be creating a bootable USB Flash drive or a bootable disc of the same. I understand 64-bit can better exploit my hardware. But I am stuck with 32 bit for now. The mobo manual says "Due to Windows 32-bit OS limitation, when more than 4GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed."

I should still be able to see 8GB being identified in the BIOS and the entire 8GB RAM (single channel) that I am using would be utilized while running Windows 7 32-bit. Am I right?

2. I do not yet have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I have a Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard. Will the BIOS have drivers/identify the USB Wireless Mouse and keyboard and let me input keystrokes and mouse clicks?

1. No, only 4GB will be utilized.
2. Yes there will be.

Avoid touching anything of the circuit if possible.

OP
N

newhere

Broken In
1. No, only 4GB will be utilized.
2. Yes there will be.

Avoid touching anything of the circuit if possible.

I guess you are saying if I am using 2 4GB sticks only 1 4GB will be utilized. Or is it that 4GB out of my single 8GB stick will be utilized?

you need to use 64 bit os if you have 4gb or higher amount of ram. otherwise the remaining ram will not be usable until you install 64 bit os. you wont be able to use your whole 8gb ram in a 32 bit os!

So is the solution for me (I have a single 8GB RAM) to go for a 64-bit OS? (Any hints where I can find one? ;)) Been a decade since I played around with software or hardware

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I guess you are saying if I am using 2 4GB sticks only 1 4GB will be utilized. Or is it that 4GB out of my single 8GB stick will be utilized?

So is the solution for me (I have a single 8GB RAM) to go for a 64-bit OS? (Any hints where I can find one? ;)) Been a decade since I played around with software or hardware

Its a limitation of 32bit OS that it can only use max 4GB of memory regardless of number of sticks installed.
To use your 8 gigs RAM fully you will have to go the 64bit way. You will have to buy it buddy.
For other sources our reaction will be :|

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

it doesn't matter the number of sticks you installed,but being a 32 bit os, the maximum memory it can support is 2^32 = 4GB since the address space is just 32 bits. but if you are able to try further more, then you can make your 32 bit os to use more than 4gb of ram. this is because the additional address space provided by the PAE(page address extension) on supported cpus(newer one does) which makes the address space 36 bits long and hence the os will support upto 2^36 bytes of memory . *www.digit.in/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=*forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=960087 . i dont recommend the hassles though.

you better get 64 bit os .

OP
N

newhere

Broken In
Ok.. Point taken on the 64-bit OS.

I have another issue. I ordered Kingston Hyper X blu (*www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX1600C10D3b1_8G.pdf) The seller delivered Hyper X Fury(*www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX316C10F_8.pdf) read from news that Hyper X Fury replaces the Blu lineup. Can this cause me any issues?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Hyper x fury specs look awesome. Max freq 1866. But the Gigabyte board supports up to 1600 only. And check the bill. If there is a name mismatch it may cause RMA problem

OP
N

newhere

Broken In
The Bill/Retail Invoice is also awesome. Just says KINGSTON HYPERX DDR3 8GB(1X8GB) PC RAM qty =1 Rate =5123 Amount = 5123...
I paid 4535/-

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
The Bill/Retail Invoice is also awesome. Just says KINGSTON HYPERX DDR3 8GB(1X8GB) PC RAM qty =1 Rate =5123 Amount = 5123...
I paid 4535/-

Snapdeal does that. Bill amount is higher in 70 percent cases than what one pays. Is the serial number mentioned?

OP
N

newhere

Broken In
Assembly Issues Anticipated /Help Needed
The Case Cooler Master N300 has a mounting bracket for a 2.5" SSD as per my reading of the specifications. (Case not yet delivered) I should be able to connect the SSD with this mouting bracket. Am I right?

Also the GA-B85M-D3H motherboard has 5 holes for attaching the motherboard to the Case via Standoffs. (visual observation without opening the motherboard's anti-static wrapper. Or are there more?

Snapdeal /Buying Issues
I should be able to install and run the OS normally on the SSD without a slave hard disk for now. Or would 128GB SSD pose a problem? I see a issue with the extra HDD that I have ordered (I ordered WD10EZEX i.e., WD Blue while seller shipped WD10EZRX i.e., WD Green) and might need to send it back for a refund/replacement.

The seller shipped Kingston Fury 8GB RAM without the invoice mentioning model or serial number. I have raised an issue with Snapdeal regarding this and am pressing for a refund. I will buy 4GBX2 locally (SP Road) so it will let me install Win 7 32 bit for now with 4GB. Or is the limit slightly lesser than 4GB?

Considering the issues with snapdeal I have faced till now, I am little nervous about 3 other components delivered till now.

1. PrimeABGB shipped 128GB Samsung PRO SSD. Factory sealm intact. Invoice mentions model number but not serial number. To be fair one can't see the serial number without opening up the factory seal. I have anyway asked Snapdeal to issue a Invoice with the serial number.

2. and 3. Intel i5 4570 and GA-B85M-D3H shipped by Navkar computers, Chennai. Factory seal intact. Both invoices carry Serial Number. Since both products have valid invoices and factory seals intact; if any issues crop up I guess its a warranty issue here on.

Should I anticipate any other issues with these 3 products through Snapdeal platform. There is only a 7 day window for return/replacement from receipt of goods and hence I ask.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Assembly Issues Anticipated /Help Needed
The Case Cooler Master N300 has a mounting bracket for a 2.5" SSD as per my reading of the specifications. (Case not yet delivered) I should be able to connect the SSD with this mouting bracket. Am I right?

yeah..

Also the GA-B85M-D3H motherboard has 5 holes for attaching the motherboard to the Case via Standoffs. (visual observation without opening the motherboard's anti-static wrapper. Or are there more?

you can simply open the package and see. why are you so afraid?

Snapdeal /Buying Issues
I should be able to install and run the OS normally on the SSD without a slave hard disk for now. Or would 128GB SSD pose a problem? I see a issue with the extra HDD that I have ordered (I ordered WD10EZEX i.e., WD Blue while seller shipped WD10EZRX i.e., WD Green) and might need to send it back for a refund/replacement.

definitely ask for a replacement.
The seller shipped Kingston Fury 8GB RAM without the invoice mentioning model or serial number. I have raised an issue with Snapdeal regarding this and am pressing for a refund. I will buy 4GBX2 locally (SP Road) so it will let me install Win 7 32 bit for now with 4GB. Or is the limit slightly lesser than 4GB?

limit will be always less than 4gb . you wont be able to utilise it fully. upgrade to 64 bit asap.

OP
N

newhere

Broken In
yeah..

you can simply open the package and see. why are you so afraid?

definitely ask for a replacement.

limit will be always less than 4gb . you wont be able to utilise it fully. upgrade to 64 bit asap.

Turns out I was unnecessarily paranoid. Build went well. Single POST beep and successful BIOS launch on first attempt.
Upgraded to Win 8.1 64 bit

Returned the Internal HDD and refund initiated. Hence system currently only has a 128GB SSD for Storage. I am looking for a way to turn off the weekly defragmentation process. (I remember reading somewhere that Defragmentation can be bad for SSDs)

Also launched the WIN Sat tool to get the Windows Experience Index scores. Getting zeros in the output xml for some reason.

Only real 'issue' I saw is that BIOS shows RAM running at 1333.xxMHz instead of 1600MHz. I read somewhere (toms hardware I guess) that I have to manually set / change XMP profile in BIOS for it to run at 1600MHz. Not rushing into this yet.

[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION], [MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION], [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION], [MENTION=113025]mastercool8695[/MENTION], @bavusani, @2kool2btrue - Thank you very much!

Top Bottom