Need Advice for Mobile Budget 18,500

bgeing

Broken In
Even if you decide to go for xiaomi mi3, chances of getting that are very less. As per the undisclosed news they sold around less than 10000 pieces against 1lakh prior registered customers on flipkart. Along with rest of them many new buyers also are waiting to try their luck during the next sale on 29th.

But dont knw how many they're going to sell this time and if it is again 10000 or so its difficult to get hands on it due to huge demand against supply. frustrated customer (who dont get) may divert to another brand. xiaomi do something to fill maximum requirement.

OP
pra_2006

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
oh that means i will not be able to get xiaomi3 and i have to decide between xperia zr and grand 2 i think i will go with grand 2 cauz xperia zr has non removable battery no dual sim which is must for me, thanks friends for helping me around :)

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Why the hell people buy Grand 2 crap screen 5.25 inch screen with 280 ppi even my moto E got 256ppi for 4.3inch screen.:p

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
^Why the hell people buy Grand 2 crap screen 5.25 inch screen with 280 ppi even my moto E got 256ppi for 4.3inch screen.:p

How is that even relevant?? as in price difference wise??
Still Grand 2 should be on the bottom of your choice list..

rish1

Cyborg Agent
why the hate against Grand 2 ?? because of samsung ? lol...

its not the best phone and is overpriced but is certainly not a bad phone itself in 5 inch phone category from tier 1 manufacturer

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
why the hate against Grand 2 ?? because of samsung ? lol...

its not the best phone and is overpriced but is certainly not a bad phone itself in 5 inch phone category from tier 1 manufacturer

What else should be the reason for not buying it??

rish1

Cyborg Agent
What else should be the reason for not buying it??

by best i mean in terms of VFM .. xiaomi Mi3 offers best VFM .. does it mean everyone stop buying high end phones ? no ..

everybody's criteria is different in judging the phone..

atleast Look at the requirements OP is asking ?

he needs a 5 inch phone from either Sony,samsung , htc from top brands and is not interested in any other brand , not even tier 2 brands like asus , lenovo etc he doesn't care for the VFM and is willing to pay more for the brand ..

Xperia Zr is the best phone in this range but since it is not 5 inches and dual sim it is irrelevant for him how good the phone is as it does not fulfill his needs
there are 3 phones only that meets the requirement and those are

1) asus zenfone 5 - Most VFM .. but he won't buy because of tier 2 brand
2) htc Desire 616 - the only competitor to grand 2
3) galaxy grand 2 - best phone out of the lot

also grand 2 in itself is not a bad phone .. the camera is better than any android phone except s3 even beats xperia Zr in this range , good battery life .. screen better than Zr atleast , dual sim , good telephony , ASS , Brand , decent performance ,

the correct price should be 17k, overall a good all rounder

for a general use that involves camera,phone,surfing ,decent gaming grand 2 is a very good phone
The design is what sucks here - personal opinion

@OP if you want better gaming performance then desire 616 is better but it comes at a cost of less battery , old android , inferior camera , less ram and internal memory than grand 2 but is cheaper as well

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=152602]ShankJ[/MENTION] Don't you get it moto E a 7k phone has better display than grand 2.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION],ShankJ He already bought Grand 2 So no point in discussing over it anymore.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
[MENTION=152602]ShankJ[/MENTION] Don't you get it moto E a 7k phone has better display than grand 2.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION],ShankJ He already bought Grand 2 So no point in discussing over it anymore.

What i meant was that Moto E is not being discussed here and doesnt come in the OP's description..

- - - Updated - - -

by best i mean in terms of VFM .. xiaomi Mi3 offers best VFM .. does it mean everyone stop buying high end phones ? no ..

everybody's criteria is different in judging the phone..

atleast Look at the requirements OP is asking ?

he needs a 5 inch phone from either Sony,samsung , htc from top brands and is not interested in any other brand , not even tier 2 brands like asus , lenovo etc he doesn't care for the VFM and is willing to pay more for the brand ..

Xperia Zr is the best phone in this range but since it is not 5 inches and dual sim it is irrelevant for him how good the phone is as it does not fulfill his needs
there are 3 phones only that meets the requirement and those are

1) asus zenfone 5 - Most VFM .. but he won't buy because of tier 2 brand
2) htc Desire 616 - the only competitor to grand 2
3) galaxy grand 2 - best phone out of the lot

also grand 2 in itself is not a bad phone .. the camera is better than any android phone except s3 even beats xperia Zr in this range , good battery life .. screen better than Zr atleast , dual sim , good telephony , ASS , Brand , decent performance ,

the correct price should be 17k, overall a good all rounder

for a general use that involves camera,phone,surfing ,decent gaming grand 2 is a very good phone
The design is what sucks here - personal opinion

@OP if you want better gaming performance then desire 616 is better but it comes at a cost of less battery , old android , inferior camera , less ram and internal memory than grand 2 but is cheaper as well

I never said that you should not go for the Grand 2 altogether but its sould be at the bottom of your choice list..
Xperia ZR would have been a great choice with a decent camera and better RAM, processor than the Grand one and xperia has a pretty decent ASS aswell:)lol:) so a complete VFM..
But since the OP wanted a dual-SIM, ZR was out of the list and also since the OP has already got Grand, theres no point debating..

rdx_halo

In the zone
In his situation, I would rather go for Panasonic P81 Panasonic P81 Price in India - Buy Panasonic P81 Black Online - Panasonic: Flipkart.com

Size 5.5 Inches
Resolution HD, 1280 x 720 Pixels
Expandable Memory microSD, upto 32 GB
Memory 1 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM
Primary Camera Yes, 13 Megapixel
Secondary Camera Yes, 2 Megapixel
Flash LED
Video Recording Yes, 1920 x 1080, 30 fps

Top Bottom