Need advice for buying a smartphone b/w 16k - 25k

admirer

Broken In
1. Budget - 16k - 25k (25 is least preferred , not sure whether to spend that much on a phone !!!)
2. Display type and size - No preference on Display type(even though i liked amoled very much) . Size- >3.5 and <4.5
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? - HTC,Samsung,Sony,Motorola & Nokia(No android phone :cry: )
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - Camera resolution should be atleast 5Mp(8Mp is preferred) with Flash and Autofocus . Front facing cam is optional
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android , Android , Android :lol:
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc) - Wifi , 3G .
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - None
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - My daily usage includes 1 hr of calls, 50 sms , 10 mins f multimedia , 2-3 hrs of internet usage(not heavy , jst gmail/facebook) . 1 hr of gaming .

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? -
HTC one V (liked build quality , ICS, screen , UI etc ; -ves not dual core,5mp cam )
Atrix 2 ( liked dual core , 8mp cam ; -ves old model, poor service )
Xperia Sola( liked it , but 1320 mAh battery is not enough , i dnt believe that the new dual core processor requires that much .. )
Xperia P ( should i wait for it ??? )
Sensation ( too old ??).
Galaxy S2(its too costly . 26 k ??)

12.Battery - minimum 1500mAh

13. Any other info that you want to share
i dont want Samsung ace,ace 2,nexus,s advance , play,pro, sony ericsson ray,neo v,arc, HTC desire , rhyme .
i want guarantee on the phone, so no to unlocking.

Is there any upcoming models, which is worth waiting for ???
please provide your suggestions , known issues with the products , comparison , and best deals .

Thanx in advance . waiting for your replies

aroraanant

Explorer
The best options are:
One V for 16.5-16.8k
Sensation for 21.9k with 1.1k of free accessories of your own choice from saholic.

Sola is also a good option but can't say much about it as I haven''t got hands on that device and also no proper review of that handset is available.
If you are not willing to spend much amount then go for the 1st option.

aroraanant

Explorer
There is a scheme/offer going on Saholic.
Which is as follows:
This is how this offer works - If you buy a mobile phone and an accessory together, you will get 5% of the the price of the phone as a discount on the accessory. E.g. if you buy a mobile phone worth Rs. 8,000 and an accessory worth Rs. 500, you get a whooping discount of Rs. 400, i.e you will get the accessory for just Rs 100.

Terms & Conditions:
1. Offer Available only for users registered on or before May 7th,2012 on Saholic.com
2. Offer valid between May 9 - May 21 (both dates included).
3. Each Registered user can use coupon only once.

Apply Coupon SAccessory

OP
A

admirer

Broken In
The best options are:
One V for 16.5-16.8k
Sensation for 21.9k with 1.1k of free accessories of your own choice from saholic.

Sola is also a good option but can't say much about it as I haven''t got hands on that device and also no proper review of that handset is available.
If you are not willing to spend much amount then go for the 1st option.

Thanx for the reply .
I searched in blogs for any known issues for Sensation and i found many , like DeathGrip Issue [denied by the HTC] , screen problem , battery not lasting etc.
So, im not planning to buy sensation,
i liked One V, still i m waiting for Sola , to check it's reviews.
Xperia P is available for pre-order on inifibeam , but it is costly around 25.5k

aroraanant

Explorer
There are no issues with the screen now....there was with a particular lot but no one has reported anymore.
The death grip issue is there in almost every phone, in case of Sensation it is hyped like in iphone 4, in reality it is not much and I'm damm sure it won't bother you.
Yes there have been issues with battery but you can neglect that it has got a 4.3" screen and a dual core processor which consumes a lot of battery so that is the reason. But it lasts for around a day easily, and also remember one thing you can't get everything in everything.
You can also consider Desire S for 16k.
And Xperia P for 25.5k....OMG....its pretty high man.

OP
A

admirer

Broken In
Thank you guys for your reply .
I jst want some more help.
My final List includes Xperia P , Htc One V , Galaxy S2(in order of preference) .
Can someone post the lowest prices of these mobiles and where can i find those.

OP
A

admirer

Broken In
Thank you guys for your help.
I bought Galaxy s2 i9100

more info : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/158138-samsung-galaxy-s2-price-drop-5.html#post1673960

Top Bottom