Need Advice for Best Android phone around 15k

devverma

Right off the assembly line
Hello!

I want to buy new LATEST Android Smart phone under or around Rs.15000. I just lost my cell phone so looking for quick options as the choice is vast. So I need your suggestions. I don't want to just buy it for the heck of and repent later
my specifications for mobile are-
Big Screen At least 3.5inch.
want a decent gaming phone.
Decent Music and movie play that supports most latest formats
good camera at least 5MP with HD video Recording at 720p.
good hardware at least 1ghz processor, 512MB of RAM, & good GPU to play some HD games.
good Battery backup . I think 1500 maH with Android phones is a must these days...any difference of opinion,kindly explain

good ONLINE community support like XDA Developers.

I have been reading about Galaxy Ace plus, HTC One V, Motorola Defy plus, HTC Wildfire S though couldn't finalize as i am not a expert

Please do not suggest me crappy Spice, Micromax (Indian Chinese) phones. Please suggest branded phones only. Do not suggest phone like Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini or Mini Pro (because of 3inch screen).

Good reply is appreciated. Kindly help me with this
Thank You!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
HTC One V.
But for such serious gaming won't it be better if you get a Handheld Console? PS Vita should be available locally for that price.

D3LeT3

Broken In
I'd suggest you dont go for the Galaxy Ace plus as I had the Ace and it was crappy! Lots of lagg and a very crappy display.The Ace plus has the same screen with just a better processor. Trust me it will not be enough. Your best options would be the HTC One V or the older Sony Xperia Neo V(tremendous support of XDA, I'm also a keen 'rooter' Had my Desire and Galaxy Ace both rooted). That's all I can suggest as the Xperia U is a joke with 4gb memory and no SD card support. The Xperia Sola is not good according to reviews and its priced at approx 19,500. The support for the HTC One V has also been gettin attention on XDA forums. The One V (beautiful LCD screen better and UI than the Neo) and the Neo V(with front facing Camera the One V does not have). You cannot go wrong buying either. I stay away from Motorola products as their Service is pathetic and very low resale value(if u consider that at purchase time like I do). All the best.

Vignesh B

Youngling
HTC One V seems the best option for you. Its hardware will carry you through for quite some time. It has the best support on XDA amongst your list.

OP
D

devverma

But have heard reviews about HTC One V saying its non dethacable battery is an issue.
Also the mentioned 512 mb RAM is aroung 360 in actual.

Not sure whether these should matter much as still it looks a great phone

I am ready to look beyond as well but it should suit the purpose...any other options that i may try

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you are okay to enter Windows Phone ecosystem, try Omnia W and HTC Radar.
Else, check these:

1. SE Xperia U (dual core should let you get more versions of android) but it comes with smaller 1320mAh battery.
2. Motorola Defy+ or defy XT
3. LG Optimus black (Great display and good custom ROM support)

If you wait just a bit, it would be better as you may see more dual-core droids to be available under 20k.

D3LeT3

Broken In
if mobile stops responding then yes, its a big issue then.

There are combinations of buttons used to restart phones with non-removable batteries. HTC recommends to keep the power button pressed for 10 seconds to restart a hung One V.This is accessible in the How To section of the HTC page for the specific mobile. "*www.htc.com/in/help/htc-one-v/"

Also there's a way to factory reset your phone throught hard buttons as well. So dont worry about not being able to turn on the phone or having to wait till battery drains if it hangs to be able to restart it(like some idiots are reporting having to do.Its hilarious.).

I recommended a friend to pick up the One V and after 15 days it's brilliant with no issues reported by her. But I myself found the browser a little laggy(hoping an update optimizes it though).I had a Desire earlier and i can tell u that memory footprint of Sense UI is huge! Still the One V has Sense lite so i wouldn't dispute that 360mb is available at startup. Seems reasonable.

the.one

In the zone
Wht about waiting for a few days and checking out on the Ace 2?

Specs wise it would be better than all the other mid-ranged phones. Also if its around the 15k mark, it would be the best VFM.

Yes, but need to check out on how good is its IPS Lcd display, in comparison to One V or other SE phones.

OP
D

devverma

Thanks for the advices

just stumbled across HTC Rhyme ...how is it...specs looks good

Compared to one V it has secondary camera, more RAM, compass..

Any pointers that i should be knowing for it

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
There are combinations of buttons used to restart phones with non-removable batteries. HTC recommends to keep the power button pressed for 10 seconds to restart a hung One V.This is accessible in the How To section of the HTC page for the specific mobile. "*www.htc.com/in/help/htc-one-v/"

Also there's a way to factory reset your phone throught hard buttons as well. So dont worry about not being able to turn on the phone or having to wait till battery drains if it hangs to be able to restart it(like some idiots are reporting having to do.Its hilarious.).

thanks for the info. well if one loads custom rom i hope the button combo works.

But I myself found the browser a little laggy(hoping an update optimizes it though).

its HTC so an update should be in works.

I had a Desire earlier and i can tell u that memory footprint of Sense UI is huge! Still the One V has Sense lite so i wouldn't dispute that 360mb is available at startup. Seems reasonable.

ver 3 or earlier of sense can be termed as NON-SENSE. Sense 4.0 looks great. HTC spent quite sometime redesigning sense.

Wht about waiting for a few days and checking out on the Ace 2?

Specs wise it would be better than all the other mid-ranged phones. Also if its around the 15k mark, it would be the best VFM.

there is something called looks. looks extremely bad. and processor is ARM Cortex A5 dual core. A5 is the slowest of the cortex series.

Compared to one V it has secondary camera, more RAM, compass..

512MB ram is sufficient for most. also Rhyme looks really odd. HTC itself marketed it as a womens mobile.

the.one

In the zone
there is something called looks. looks extremely bad. and processor is ARM Cortex A5 dual core. A5 is the slowest of the cortex series.

The looks are tired, I agree, almost all samsung phones appear the same to me, except the ones with SuperAMOLED. But the word 'looks' is very subjective, and here the buyers have to decide on the trade-off better looks/better specs/overall usability.

The processor I read is based on Cortex-A9, same as Xperia U & Sola.

OP
D

devverma

Based on my long research yesterday through. As of now

I think in my budget HTC Desire S ( if i can get it arnd 16-17k ) should be good

Other option is HTC Rhyme..again with its disadvantages of non detacheable battery and being marketed as a ladies ph. However i wondered specs wise and performance wise it was never a ladies phone in first place.

Windows ph i dont wanna try just now. Also HTC Desire C i checked, it didnt fit the bill because of its processor and battery

Looking for some more light and options that i may be missing :)

the.one

In the zone
Ur missing the HTC One V.

I believe the best amongst current android devices in tht price range, if you could shell out 17-18k on a phone.

I think u need to watch this.

*www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DiCkfHZrXak

techlover

In the zone
Well HTC ONE V is the best option in this range :) ...but u have to spend 1.5-2k more as it available for around 17k ....

and about non detachable yes the problem may come when the phone hangs or so ..but holding the power button for some time restarts the phone ...common even all tablets also have a non detachable battery and believe me tablets hang more often than phones :p ..and just holding the power button for sometime restarts :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Desire S has disappeared from local market. So if OP wants HTC, it has to be One V. I am sure even Neo V has disappeared from local market replaced by Xperia U.

Top Bottom