Need a UPS & PSU under 4k.. Suggestions please..

giprabu

In the zone
Guys, please suggest me a PSU and UPS under 4k..

My config:

* Amd Phenom II X6 1055T
* Gigabyte GA-880GM USB3
* WD Caviar Green 500GB (will be adding one more 500GB soon)
* Power Color Radeon HD5770
* Benq G2220HD 21.5 FHD
* Transcend 2 x 2GB stick DDR3- 1333Mhz

Presently using Zebronics Pro 600w psu with Zebronics 600va ups.

The PC turns off immediately when the power goes off.

P.S : I'm on a shoe-string budget.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you need a 800VA ups & a good ~450w psu(any indian psu brand like zebronics is crap) in the long run.
Antec VP450P I 450 Watts PSU - Antec : Flipkart.com
you can save money on ups.the battery life of ups goes down with usage so if your system was working fine earlier with this ups then you only need to change the battery.I suggest getting psu first as a zero backup ups may only corrupt/damage hdd but a bad psu can damage every component.

schizophrenic

Broken In
A UPS is the first line of defence against our electrical companies. also a UPS is a one time investment.. so brandeds are generally good. APC has some budget UPS. Problems always arise after purchase, when you have to rush to shutdown all apps and games in the middle of a frag session.. 1000 VA ups hence recommended, you can easily get 15-20 minutes on a mid level syustem. Plus they have usb connectivity for autoshutdown in case you are not in front of the pc.

Coming to cost 1000va ones generally start at 8-10 K (need bssunilreddy to confirmthe cyberpower 1000va price)
700 va (APC has one BER700IN with USB autoshutdown, and a cheaper one without autoshutdown) generally starts at 5-6k..

PSU is what he said...

And yes APC batteries never seem to last more than 3 years... but at least you get some kind of service

Top Bottom