Need a twosome upgrade..!! Budget 12k

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolent

Youngling
Hellozz..

Its me Kush Mishra asking you for an advise on updating my system.. Plzz read full.. Hurry will create worry..

I have a bad system, My PC is Compaq CQ3070IL
WHICH IS STOCK EXCEPT THE CPU COOLER..

Config:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR 2 Samsung
GPU: None
PSU: 220W (Stock)
Slot : PCI-E
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP (Dual- Boot)
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master

So guyzz .. I need three things Basicly for Gaming and System speed..

I need:

A good Graphics Card (1GB (G)DDR 5 128 Bit REQUIRED)..
A good PSU (WHATEVER REQUIRED TO SUPPORT THE CONFIGURATION)...

I want the current price of HD 6790 and HD 6770 in India as I was willing to install the better of these two.. You are always welcome to suggest new cards which are better....

My budget is 11k-12k in all.... So, I need both under it.. I am willing to spend up to 7k on graphics and about 4k on PSU.. For gaming.. I am 13 yrs old but I need a 1GB (G)DDR 5 128 Bit..

Now, I like games like X-Men Origins Wolverine, Crysis 2, NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, GTA IV, Sims 3, COD MW3 and many graphics hungry stuff the PEGI age recommendation is not a major point for me to look at, I juss go for Violence and u know the rest :p .. So I need A budget GPU to play all latest games, my current monitor resolution is 1366 x 768..

But I would not like to go for 3D.. Don't want to spend more than 7k on Graphics...

CPU-Z screenshot:

CPU-Z Screenshot here...

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Config:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
GPU: None
PSU: 220W (Stock)
Slot : PCI-E
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP (Dual- Boot)

So guyzz .. I need three things Basicly for Gaming and System speed..

your processor may act as a bottleneck. Get HD6790 + Corsair CX430W V2. get HD6790 from Sapphire, MSI or whatever brand you can find at lowest price except XFX.

A good Graphics Card (1GB (G)DDR 5 REQUIRED)..

for gaming you don't need 1Gb GDDR5. you need a GPU that can use 1Gb GDDR5 :)

sukesh1090

Adam young
lolz.bro how about 6850?the processor may act as a bottleneck but not that much if i am right because skud is using 6950 with core2duo.so my suggestion is,
-MSI or Sapphire 6850 @ 10,000(higher price versions are available but go with the stock clocked one)
-FSP saga 500w @ 2500.
Hmm..13 years old actually you are not supposed to play any of the graphics hungry games as they all have at least 16-18 years age certificate:wink:

Cilus

laborare est orare
koolent, choice of GPU also depends upon what resolution you are using currently. Let us know the resolution of your monitor.

dibya_kol

In the zone
your processor may act as a bottleneck. Get HD6790 + Corsair CX430W V2. get HD6790 from Sapphire, MSI or whatever brand you can find at lowest price except XFX.

for gaming you don't need 1Gb GDDR5. you need a GPU that can use 1Gb GDDR5 :)

Why not xfx ? It's a great brand, nice support and worrenty. Sapphire has only 2 years of worrenty where xfx has 3 years and now if u buy a zotac procuct he will get 5 years of worrenty ( normaly 3 years and 2 years extra on product reg). 6790 will be huge bottleneck in his system. Rather i would like to suggest him to go for 550ti and a decent 550wt psu atleast . Brands like corsair,ocz is recomenced.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Post a CPU-Z screenshot. (Google for the download link) I need to know which "Core 2 Duo" is that.

Otherwise, HD 6770 and Corsair GS600 it is.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Why not xfx ? It's a great brand, nice support and worrenty.

its the best brand on paper. in realty, its completely the opposite. if you don't know why, please google a bit about XFX in India & Rashi Peripherals.

Sapphire has only 2 years of worrenty where xfx has 3 years and now if u buy a zotac procuct he will get 5 years of worrenty ( normaly 3 years and 2 years extra on product reg).

2yr valid warranty by Sapphire. Zotac offers 5yr warranty but they only sell Nvidia based GPU that are only recommended if budget is above 10k for GPU only.

6790 will be huge bottleneck in his system. Rather i would like to suggest him to go for 550ti and a decent 550wt psu atleast . Brands like corsair,ocz is recomenced.

do you know what you are saying. GT550Ti is a overpriced GPU with even higher power draw. get your basics right.

sukesh1090

Adam young
Why not xfx ? It's a great brand, nice support and worrenty. Sapphire has only 2 years of worrenty where xfx has 3 years and now if u buy a zotac procuct he will get 5 years of worrenty ( normaly 3 years and 2 years extra on product reg). 6790 will be huge bottleneck in his system. Rather i would like to suggest him to go for 550ti and a decent 550wt psu atleast . Brands like corsair,ocz is recomenced.

go through thinkdigit forum or even try googling you will find how reliable XFX is now a days.
@ico,
why should not he buy 6850 when he can afford it.overclocking the processor may fix the bottleneck issues.

dibya_kol

In the zone
its the best brand on paper. in realty, its completely the opposite. if you don't know why, please google a bit about XFX in India & Rashi Peripherals.

2yr valid warranty by Sapphire. Zotac offers 5yr warranty but they only sell Nvidia based GPU that are only recommended if budget is above 10k for GPU only.

do you know what you are saying. GT550Ti is a overpriced GPU with even higher power draw. get your basics right.

lol, with due respect i would like to let u know that i am nt 'newbie' in gpu matter. May be i am new in this forum. Anyway i know what i am talking about. I am using pc since 2000 ( my first card was 16 mb vanta lt )and always use gpus insted of onboard graphics. So experimenting on this gpu segment my besic is quite strong indeed.
======================
As i can see that u r a forum staff, how could u suggest someome a gpu like 6790, which will never give it's best performence during cpu bottleneck ? U could suggest him a 440 GT or amd's 56xx !! But u didnt !!

Does nt make any sence to me.
===================
I used lots of brands.
My 1sr card was vanta LT (forgot which brand it was)
2nd - geforce 3 serise ( asus)
3rd - nvidia's 440 MX (asus)
4th - xfx 5200
5th - ati 9800 xt (palit)
6th - 6800 gt (msi)
7th - 7800 gt (sparkle)
8th - ati's 4850(sapphire)
9th - ati 5770 (xfx) but planning to update..
======================
Among them i felt xfx's support is best in kolkata rather than asus and other brands.
====================
P.S: Never bothered about banhammer, a good suggestion is always be a good suggestion.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
The performance difference between HD 6790 and GT 550 Ti is really small but HD 6790 gets the recommendation because of its lower power draw. So if HD 6790 is gonna bottleneck by the CPU, GT 550 Ti will sure will be bottlenecked too.

Regarding XFX, their quality has been deteriorated now a days, coupled with the horrible service provided by Rashi peripherals makes it a Big No from us. Regarding Sapphire, they also provide 3 Yrs of warranty. Check here: SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card with Eyefinity

But 1st thing 1st, we need to know the exact model of the processor 1st. If it's a C2D 8200 or higher then there is a little chance of bottleneck.

dibya_kol

In the zone
@op , sorry dear, games like crysis 2 and gta4 demand lot's of vram, cpu power and ram also. But ur cpu and ram is nt sufficent enough to feed that tytles. But u i think u should think about 450gt or 6770 and a good psu(80+), though it will be a bottleck by ur cpu but it would be minimum. And it will fit in ur budget too. And always remember PSU IS THE HEART OF ANY SYSTEM so spending enough in psu is always is wise idea.

in kolkata there is another service provider named 'akshay enterprise'. I think they supported me well. I am nt fanboy though. @OP also can look for other brands as well.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lol, with due respect i would like to let u know that i am nt 'newbie' in gpu matter. May be i am new in this forum. Anyway i know what i am talking about. I am using pc since 2000 ( my first card was 16 mb vanta lt )and always use gpus insted of onboard graphics. So experimenting on this gpu segment my besic is quite strong indeed.

just cause you have 12-13yrs experience in the PC field doesn't mean you know everything. at any particular date, we suggest the GPU or the component that suites someone best.

if you look at real life gaming bechmark, HD6790 is almost always a bit faster than GT550Ti. yes the Nvidia GPU in talks is cheaper by 500 bucks but it also requires more power. also if OP can get a better GPU under his budget, whats wrong in going for it? :)

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4260/36547.png
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4260/36553.png
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4260/36563.png

moreover how you explain this line?
6790 will be huge bottleneck in his system.
is he having a Core i7 EX series processor that HD6790 will act as a bottleneck? if yes how can a slower GPU (550) not bottleneck his system? :)
or you mean that HD6790 is a bit too much for his ageing PC?

As i can see that u r a forum staff, how could u suggest someome a gpu like 6790, which will never give it's best performence during cpu bottleneck ? U could suggest him a 440 GT or amd's 56xx !! But u didnt !!

HD5670 or HD6670 will suite his PC for now. but once he upgrades his PC, the GPU will need to be upgraded again. so he should go with the fastest GPU he can afford. moreover his processor (most likely E7400) is not slow. so there shouldn't be any bottleneck unless he tries some HD69** or GT560Ti.

Among them i felt xfx's support is best in kolkata rather than asus and other brands.

XFX, Asus & a few other brands are serviced by Rashi. i doubt Rashi will offer better service for XFX and leave out even premium Asus customers.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@dibya_kol,
your card is working good doesn't mean they are the best.sometimes even a chinese duplicate phones work like a charm so will you insist every one to buy chinese phone?
About bottleneck you are talking like is having pentium 4 not core 2 duo.we are suggesting him to get the best he can afford in his money and we are also suggesting him a good psu only like corsair.may be for you xfx is the only good brand in the world.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
XFX is fine quality wise. I don't know why their "quality" is blown out of proportion over here in the forums. :( 8600 GT "electric stove" was a fiasco quality wise though.

Only problem is Rashi's service in many parts of India. In South India, they are fine. In Kolkata, they are crap. In New Delhi, they are slow.

Same could be said for other service guys as well, but ONLY if people post their griviences in the forum. At the moment, it is filled up with everyone ranting against _you_know_who_.

dibya_kol

In the zone
I never told that all of my cards was great, yes i was happy with most of above cards performence, they served me well.

May be i am nt expart, but i am not even a beginer in this arena. And i know what i am talking about and what i am suggesting. I saw in lots of forum that many 'so called expart' talking about 'bottleneck', but they don't even know what that word mean !! lol .. And suggesting a newbie to spend on a gpu, which will never use properly in his system.

Talking about future, then why a 400-500wt psu? Suggest him more than that .. He is willing to play games like crysis2,gta4,bf3 or metro2033(last two names he did nt mentioned though), the hard truth is, he never able to play it properly with his rig, coz of weak cpu and ram as well .. So what would be better suggestion for him ?? Forget about those titles ? Or spend lots of money in his rig ?

As i told early, a 450gt or 6770 and a good psu(80+) would be good enough for his rig. Now adding another choice : 5770 insted of 6770.

i had a amd 6400+ with 5770, even 5770 caused bottleneck with that cpu. but now i updated to 2500k, now my gpu became weaker for today's game.

if OP has E7200 here the bench with 6400+ ( they r more or less same)

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
I can only spend 7k on that...

lolz.bro how about 6850?the processor may act as a bottleneck but not that much if i am right because skud is using 6950 with core2duo.so my suggestion is,
-MSI or Sapphire 6850 @ 10,000(higher price versions are available but go with the stock clocked one)
-FSP saga 500w @ 2500.
Hmm..13 years old actually you are not supposed to play any of the graphics hungry games as they all have at least 16-18 years age certificate:wink:

Budget is the problem yaar..

-FSP saga 500w @ 2500.

just cause you have 12-13yrs experience in the PC field doesn't mean you know everything. at any particular date, we suggest the GPU or the component that suites someone best.

if you look at real life gaming bechmark, HD6790 is almost always a bit faster than GT550Ti. yes the Nvidia GPU in talks is cheaper by 500 bucks but it also requires more power. also if OP can get a better GPU under his budget, whats wrong in going for it? :)

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4260/36547.png
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4260/36553.png
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4260/36563.png

moreover how you explain this line?

is he having a Core i7 EX series processor that HD6790 will act as a bottleneck? if yes how can a slower GPU (550) not bottleneck his system? :)
or you mean that HD6790 is a bit too much for his ageing PC?

HD5670 or HD6670 will suite his PC for now. but once he upgrades his PC, the GPU will need to be upgraded again. so he should go with the fastest GPU he can afford. moreover his processor (most likely E7400) is not slow. so there shouldn't be any bottleneck unless he tries some HD69** or GT560Ti.

XFX, Asus & a few other brands are serviced by Rashi. i doubt Rashi will offer better service for XFX and leave out even premium Asus customers.

Thnx... I don't think it is too slow either. Bt they are the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom