Need a touch screen phone within 20k

Discussion in 'Buying Advice' started by Sreeejith, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sreeejith

Sreeejith Nee po mona dinesha!

Can anybody suggest me a good touch screen phone? My budget is Rs.20,000
    These are my requirements

*good/decent music and video playback
    *good camera
    *long battery life
    *wifi

I heard about Nokia 5800. But after reading some reviews i found that it has some problems with wifi. Is that true?

2. k4ce

k4ce New Member

i have been researching bout the 5800 myself .. havent heard of wifi problem , but there seems to be some issue regarding build quality on some of the earlier ones

3. varuog

varuog New Member

5800 is the perfect choice for you. No wifi issues ... The music quality is awesome ...

4. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Rockin g33k

S8300 touch?? or the pixon??
    The good camera part would obviously put 5800 out of the equation. It has the worst camera by miles. Even a 10k phone beats it.

5. Tamoghno

Tamoghno New Member

26.6932 n , 88.423 s. Locate me on google maps
    As much as i'd hate to say , but 5800 is probably the best for you .

Music is great ,video in that large nHD screen is best i've seen in cellphone . Camera is not good , just usable , video capture is great though , also tv out.

I would have suggested touch diamond , but with its poor battery life its the worst reliable 'phone' .

Btw , from your query about wifi , seems like internet is a big importance for you . And in that case , trust me , get a n95 8gb or n85 or e71. 5800's browsing , though looks very good and 'cool' in paper is not as great as it seems to be. In fact except iphone , no touchscreen browser is ideal for long browsing sessions . The reason is that swipe to scroll in most touchscreen becomes really tiresome after sometime . In a n85 you just have to press a key to scroll with minimum finget movement but in touchscreen , you have to drag your finger repeatedly across a 3.2inch screen to to the equivalant of a single keypress . While this may look cool first , becomes really really tiresome after few minutes of browsing long pages.

Most nokia priority dealer have live demo of 5800 , i'd suggest you to try it . Even if the phone dont have internet , reading through some long help files would give you good idea about browsing experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.