need a substitute for xps15z. advice please

ish0017

Right off the assembly line
hi, i'm ishteyaq, class XII pass out and m going to buy my 1st lappy. i was actually really excited bout the dell xps 15z. really liked all the features that dell offered on that notebook. but its a pity that the lappy is no longer in production :'( and i'm really confused on what to get myself. i wanted something with 1920x1080 pixels diplay, preferably with a core i7, atleast a gb of graphics etc. but i don't see any product on the market which satisfies my thirst for the multimedia/gaming lappy i want. hp envy 6 ultrabook stays short on the display and i'm not a big fan of dell inspiron and lenovo, by which i mean to say i'm not interested bout those. dell's ultrabook has a very small display. wanted a 15inch display!! and actually nothing on the market is at all appealing to me. NOT AT ALL. please advice me and get me out of his dispair...i'd be really grateful.
thank you

$hadow

Geek in making
Firstly gaming and ultrabook do not sound good to hear on this gen ultrabooks. Either wait for next gen processors for gaming plus ultrabook or get lenovo y500 for solving all your purposes.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u have good budget then get Dell 17R Turbo FHD ...it have all the features u want

Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo Laptop - Performance laptops from Dell

OP
I

ish0017

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for ur advices. the dell 17r turbo looks promising. that even sets in the perfect bugdet. but i feel it'd be a lil difficult to carry around. a 15 inch thing would've been just the right 1. keep the suggestions flowing in. i would like to consider. but i think i'll wait till july to get a decent machine. :)

vipulgreattt

Broken In
I myself have similar situation. As I need low weight laptop with fair enough GPU with reliability. Going to buy this next week probably.

Sony VAIO S15125CN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com

Its GPU is lesser than Dell 17R turbo I think.

It also has full HD with 15" screen. And I dont think its i7 variant is available.

Lenovo Y500 fulfills all ur needs except, light weight & good battery backup requirements(ultrabooks offer these)

BTW what's ur budget ?

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Lenovo Y500 fulfills all ur needs except, light weight & good battery backup requirements(ultrabooks offer these)

BTW what's ur budget ?
Oh.. I didnt read it properly. Yeah laptop is great with good GPU but weight and battery backup are holding me from buying this. :(

aroraanant

Explorer
I have used quite a many laptops, I personally own 3 machines i.e. of dell, vaio and apple and believe me from the day my Mac has arrived I haven't touched the other two laptops, the best thing about Apple is its display, trackpad and battery back up, it also performs much better than any other other windows machine in that range.
Yes if you are planning to game on your machine then Apple is not such a good idea.
A macbook is highly recommended,
Check out ebay there is being offer going on from pulsarinc, they are offering good price, Even I bought mine from them around more than a year back.

Top Bottom