My Budget - 7K MAX

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Tagan 700W Modular Power Supply - 7.5k

Tagan 600W Modular Power Supply - 6k

CM Real Power Pro 650W - 6.5k

Corsair 650W Power Supply - 7k

I think Corsair 650W or Tagan 600W will be best for u.....!!

Well wait for other members to reply......!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
my pick would be VX550W or Tagan 600W. I think that config runs pretty good on vx450w but vx550w gives headroom for upgrades.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
as desibond said, go for vx550, as vx series has the better performance, and is also recommended by the digit editorial team when we were at boot camp.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel C2Q600 - 200W
4x1GB DDR2 667MHz - 15W x 4 = 60W
ATI HD 5850(will by soon) = 200W
2x500GB HDD Seagate 7200.12 = 2 x 30W = 60

-------------------------------------------------------------
520W
+
30%
-------------------------------------------------------------
676W

Go for the TX650. Excellent PSU.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^LOL...
500GB seagate consumes less than 10W...
HD5850 consumes 161W
C2Q Q6600 consumes max 100-120W

Thanks for the LAUGH.

But even I am aware of exact numbers regarding power consumption. Just in case the user wants to OC (yea he wont OC the HDD). Wanted him future scaled.

What would you suggest a 450W PSU, so he lives in the edge always, and when puts in another part, has to change it...??

Krow

Crowman
Thanks for the LAUGH.

But even I am aware of exact numbers regarding power consumption. Just in case the user wants to OC (yea he wont OC the HDD). Wanted him future scaled.

What would you suggest a 450W PSU, so he lives in the edge always, and when puts in another part, has to change it...??
LOL asigh. The kid likes to think that he's the all knowledgeable supremo just because he can Google (that too not well). This is not the first time he has responded to a post with a "LOL I am king because I can Google!". Lol @ OCing the HDD. These kids seriously need some manners. LOL @ the overgrown schoolboy.

Well, I always say that it is better to have head room. Under Furmark, the max load of the HD5850 would be about 188-190W. CPU would start guzzling the watts like a Hummer guzzles diesel once he tries to OC.

Krow

Crowman
u r the only insolent fool who is thinking i said anything about OCing the HDD....not me...check my post again....
I was laughing at asigh's joke you blind bat! Its night time and I thought bats could see better in the night. Oh wait, it does not affect their comprehension, does it?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
LOL asigh. The kid likes to think that he's the all knowledgeable supremo just because he can Google (that too not well). This is not the first time he has responded to a post with a "LOL I am king because I can Google!". Lol @ OCing the HDD. These kids seriously need some manners. LOL @ the overgrown schoolboy.

Well, I always say that it is better to have head room. Under Furmark, the max load of the HD5850 would be about 188-190W. CPU would start guzzling the watts like a Hummer guzzles diesel once he tries to OC.

Yups, that is what I had done. Also wanted to give him headway, say for a PCI Soundcard, USB sticks, more HDDs, a more powerful card. As a standard I take 200W for GPU and CPU respectively, if the person will OC/GAME. Better safe then sorry, and stuck with a bottleneck due to the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom