need a phone under 25k

rabjabber

Journeyman
the title says it all...

i'm probably gonna buy in next two weeks
i'm an android lover ios hater....
i would probably root it and flash a ROM after the warranty expires...

snap

Lurker
answer these:) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html and i think you should post in buying advice section

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If you have a strict budget, I would suggest you to get Xperia SP and save few bucks. It has a brilliant battery life . And the illumination bar is a nice little touch which performs a lot better than Xperia P/U illumination bars. It is a beast in performance. As it has a 720p screen. I saw a deal for the phone as low as ~20k. And last but not least, the precision molded aluminium frame around the phone feels very premium.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
An android lover's best choice is Google's own Nexus 4. you will get all updates when a new version of android arrives. So, Nexus 4 without a doubt.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
SPEND AROUND 18.5k AND GET Lenovo S920 | Mobile Smartphones - 5.3" Entertainment Smartphone | Lenovo (IN) FROM TRADUS WITH DISCOUNT COUPONS

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Nexus 4 is a great phone for vanilla android lovers. The phone has excellent support over xda and has 2 gis of ram. But it is riddled with hardware problems, mediocre battery life, sub-par screen, not so great loudspeaker.

On the other hand, Xperia SP is almost 5k cheaper. A processor which performances almost identical to Nexus 4 in real world situations, and beats the crap out of most of the quadcore smartphones, in Bencharmks. and a superb battery life that any one has seen in recent smartphone offerings. But yea, the phone has its down sides like not so great viewing angles. And we should not forget that Sony's skinning these days very light is almost identical to vanilla android.

Nexus 4 is a great phone when it came out. But I would strongly recommend OP to go with Xperia SP.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Then its best to wait for a few months as the smartphone season is on during september-october. sony's display is what worries me most. i have had 2 sony ericsson phones both of whose screen got shattered without external damage like water,etc.
personally sony is a bit girly type :p

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
It don't worth 18.5K
Best Bet Xperia SP

And why the Lenovo S920 aint worth 18.5K,please enlighten me, despite having a Quadcore, PowerVR SGX544, 5.3inch 720p IPS display,7.6mm thickness,2250mAH battery, 8/2 Megapixel camera and a Dual Sim option but costs only Rs 18.5K , comes from Lenovo and not some Micromax and Karbonn?

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^ It has Cortex-A7 - This is enough to avoid it at least on 18.5 k
Internal is also 4 GB only. No guaranty of future updates. Resolution is low for a 5.3 inch screen. :p

rider

as Kratos
But it is riddled with hardware problems, mediocre battery life, sub-par screen, not so great loudspeaker.

I'm using Nexus 4 more than 6 month, installed over 250 apps. It still feels like butter just like iOS. Never faced any glitch or lag till date. *Best android experience*
Don't know what do you mean hardware problem in this phone, battery was mediocre but now boosted almost twice with 4.3 update, lasts more than 24 hours in normal use.
Sub-par screen and not so great loudspeaker than Xperia SP. Dude please do research and then comment on this part. Display of Nexus 4 is Tru-HD IPS Panel, far superior in contrast, viewing angle and brightness level than any Xperia phone in the market. Loudspeakers have higher pitch than normal and made more for louder ringtone than quality listening music on them.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
So you expect 1080p for 5.3 inch IPS display at Rs 18.5K?:p No Android has guarantee of any official updates except the Nexus,for that matter!

And for A7 Vs A9 Headline differences (from a software perspective)

- A7 supports the Virtualization and System Timer extensions to ARMv7, the A9 doesn't
- A9 has hardware coherency management between the different cores in the processor. A7 additionally supports system coherency management (e.g. An A7 + A15)
- A9 MPCpre has a built in interrupt controller based on GICv1, on the A7 the IC is optional and based on GICv2 (mainly adds Virtualization support)
- A9 implements VFPv3, the A7 VFPv4. Basically this means he A7 supports Fused MAC operations, but the A9 doesn't
- A9 has built in watchdog, the A7 doesn't
May seem like a big deal, but mostly these differences would only be important to bare-metal or kernel code.

shreymittal

Being Human
And why the Lenovo S920 aint worth 18.5K,please enlighten me, despite having a Quadcore, PowerVR SGX544, 5.3inch 720p IPS display,7.6mm thickness,2250mAH battery, 8/2 Megapixel camera and a Dual Sim option but costs only Rs 18.5K , comes from Lenovo and not some Micromax and Karbonn?

Compare Lenovo S920 vs Sony Xperia SP | SmartPrix

4 GB vs 8 GB Internal Memory 100% More
MTK 6589 Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 vs Snapdragon S4 1.7 GHz Dual Core CPU Best
Android OS, v4.2 vs Android OS, v4.3 and sony update thier phones faster
Dual SIM is a joke in every phone because one sim will be inactive always when you are talking on another sim (Caller will get "The number you are trying is switched off")
5.3inch 720p IPS display vs 4.7 720p HD LCD display. hence more comfortable in hand
Lenovo unknown vs SP got Full HD Video Recording
PowerVR SGX544 vs Adreno 320 Beat That
Xperia SP Supports NFC, Supports DLNA, Supports Wifi Tethering
2250mAH vs 2370 mAh
Bluetooth V3 vs V4
And don't forget that sexy Illumination bar in Xperia SP

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^^YOU forgot to COMPARE the PRICE !!!Which for the Lenovo is Rs 18.5K at Tradus

More over the biggest biggest draw back of the Xperia SP is it dosnt have a removable battery.
It is not a Quadcore.
Has a smaller non IPS display (and we all know how good that Sony Screen is in real world)
And is thicker over the Lenovo
Dosnt have a Dual Sim option
And Costs Rs 2500 more

IF OP really wants to spend 25K ,I would say get the Nexus 4 anyday.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
So you expect 1080p for 5.3 inch IPS display at Rs 18.5K?:p No Android has guarantee of any official updates except the Nexus,for that matter!

And for A7 Vs A9 Headline differences (from a software perspective)

- A7 supports the Virtualization and System Timer extensions to ARMv7, the A9 doesn't
- A9 has hardware coherency management between the different cores in the processor. A7 additionally supports system coherency management (e.g. An A7 + A15)
- A9 MPCpre has a built in interrupt controller based on GICv1, on the A7 the IC is optional and based on GICv2 (mainly adds Virtualization support)
- A9 implements VFPv3, the A7 VFPv4. Basically this means he A7 supports Fused MAC operations, but the A9 doesn't
- A9 has built in watchdog, the A7 doesn't
May seem like a big deal, but mostly these differences would only be important to bare-metal or kernel code.

Not about the price point. The phone is great as per the price point though. I was telling simply in comparing display of two phones.

Top Bottom