Need a PC within 30k

D

Deleted member 26636

My friend needs a PC within 30k. At most he can stretch his budget to 31k but not any more than that.please suggest

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Basic video editing, Photo editing (photoshop), internet usage, absolutely no gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:Rs. 30,000/- can increase to Rs. 31,000/-, not any more

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Not at all

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7 home premium or ultimate

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:atleast 1TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Don't have one but eyeing a 22'' samsung monitor of 1920 x 1080

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:around 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:i think my friend will get it done by an assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:within this week, its urgent.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:if possible, yes.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:all except UPS & Spike guard.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Mumbai, will buy locally.

Guys please suggest the best possible config for these requirements. Thanx.

d3p

PowerHouse
hmmm..No Gaming config...

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2400|9300
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL-B3|5500|5500
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT|1100
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |CM Elite 310|1500
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK100|500
| Total |30500

I'm not sure whether applications like Adobe Photoshop or Corel Draw take any benefit from Cuda or not ??? Can someone confirm this ???

AFAIK usage of badaboom have some good advantages when Config is loaded with Nvidia GPU. Anyway the above sandybridge config can hold a lot of threads, so no probs.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^a normal ram will do
G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) @ 1.1k
that mobo supports 1333mhz rams
Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL

Cilus

laborare est orare
I'm not sure whether applications like Adobe Photoshop or Corel Draw take any benefit from Cuda or not ??? Can someone confirm this ???

AFAIK usage of badaboom have some good advantages when Config is loaded with Nvidia GPU. Anyway the above sandybridge config can hold a lot of threads, so no probs.

Ya, Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw can both take advatage of GPU acceleration from both AMD and Nvidia. For nVidia it uses CUDA and for AMD it uses Direct Compute acceleration. Currently upto 6800 series is officially supported by Corel Draw although unofficially it supports HD 6900 series too.

So a low end card like GT 430/520 or HD 5670 can be added here.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Yes, they will. And their graphics rendering will be smoother than the same one will get with Intel HD2000/3000. But OP's budget doesn't allow him to get a descent config with a descent graphics card. :/

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

hey don't worry about the gfx card for now, he'll buy a mid range card in a month or two..

hey guys can you suggest any AMD based configs within this budget?

Top Bottom