Need a PC for Hackintosh

singh_dd93

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: iPhone App Development, Android Development(ROM, Kernel Building). A bit of Photoshop for Designing App Screens.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Not decided for Now. But the best will be around 60k. Can increase if required.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Mac, Ubuntu, Arch

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:256GB SSD, I have many 1,2TB HDDs

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I only want to build a CPU(Every thing in Cabinet)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDDs, KB, Mouse, Displays (I have 3x DELL S2240L)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP can be delayed for a month Max, If somethings gonna get cheaper or other Reasons

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Ludhiana, I can buy online only

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I wont be playing any games, I am limited to Intel Processors as having Hackintosh wth AMD is really tough (I have it). Would prefer a config without Graphic Card as Mac handles dual graphics badly. I mean I want single graphics (either embedded or dedicated).
Also I have to attach all 3 monitors to setup.

Please suggest products having Good Value for Money. This first time I am going to buy something from my own earned money. :)

Thanks a lot in Advance

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 65k (Intel i7/Xeon RIG)

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3 1245 v319,000
MotherboardAsus H97 PRO9,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 16GB(8GBx2) 1866MHz6,400
Graphics CardLeadtek Quadro K620 2GB DDR3
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 5204,800
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 250GB8,000
CabinetCorsair SPEC-034,300
Total65,700

Last edited:
OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION]
Thanks for config.

I wanted to confirm a few things. Which NIC does this board have? I would prefer a Intel NIC. Thats the only one that doesnt cause problem with Mac. making realtek one work is sometimes tough and others are a big no.

Also do I need that much powerful graphics card? I never gonna game at all and Ijust use photoshop to design app screens. All the other work is CPU intensive IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I found a list of Parts compatible with Mac. Kindly refer it.

*www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-august-2015.html

Would love to build a best performer around 60k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bssunilreddy
Thanks for config.

I wanted to confirm a few things. Which NIC does this board have? I would prefer a Intel NIC. Thats the only one that doesnt cause problem with Mac. making realtek one work is sometimes tough and others are a big no.

Also do I need that much powerful graphics card? I never gonna game at all and Ijust use photoshop to design app screens. All the other work is CPU intensive IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I found a list of Parts compatible with Mac. Kindly refer it.

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide August 2015 - tonymacx86.com

Would love to build a best performer around 60k

I made the necessary changes in the table above regarding Intel NIC. The specified board has Intel NIC.
I suggested a Workstation GPU and this is not a gaming GPU to play games.OK.
The Intel Xeon is equivalent to Intel i7 non-k Processor(4th Gen).OK.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@bssunilreddy
Thanks for config.

Quadro K620 isn't a gaming GPU

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
I made the necessary changes in the table above regarding Intel NIC. The specified board has Intel NIC.
I suggested a Workstation GPU and this is not a gaming GPU to play games.OK.
The Intel Xeon is equivalent to Intel i7 non-k Processor(4th Gen).OK.

Thanks for update.
I know that the Quadro series are workstation GPUs but I just wanted to know that do I really need a GPU worth 13k ?

Also I am only able to find DDR3 version of Quadro K620 on Amazon
Also this one has only 2 output ports. How will I connect 3 displays with this?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for update.
I know that the Quadro series are workstation GPUs but I just wanted to know that do I really need a GPU worth 13k ?

Also I am only able to find DDR3 version of Quadro K620 on Amazon
Also this one has only 2 output ports. How will I connect 3 displays with this?

Sorry that is DDR3 version only.

As for the 3 display conectivity problem you can use this to connect up to 3 displays at once:Mobile & Laptop Accessories :: Electronic Accessories :: Others :: 12" Ultra DVI Male To 2 Female Dual Link Digital Video Splitter Cable Black - ShopClues.com:

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Sorry that is DDR3 version only.

As for the 3 display conectivity problem you can use this to connect up to 3 displays at once:Mobile & Laptop Accessories :: Electronic Accessories :: Others :: 12" Ultra DVI Male To 2 Female Dual Link Digital Video Splitter Cable Black - ShopClues.com:

By using this, will the displays be detected as separate displays in PC or a single display. What I mean is that the 2 displays connected using this will act as separate display or will be mirror of each other?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Quadro k2200 beats K620
UserBenchmark: Nvidia Quadro K2200 vs K620

And 750 Ti outperforms K2200
UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti vs Quadro K2200

Professional Applications - GeForce GTX 750 Ti Review: Maxwell Adds Performance Using Less Power

Plus 750 Ti supports 3 displays.

Top Bottom