Need a PC for 30k

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hello everyone, I need a PC (for a friend) and his budget is around 30k. He doesn't need a GPU for now, but needs a mobo with a PCI-EX slot.

So, please help me fill the blanks here. I've added some of my suggestions :

Motherboard : (Should support DDR3 , so that eliminates my favourite..the ABIT IP-35E. Also, since we don't plan on getting a GPU for now, a mobo with integrated graphics and a PCI-EX slot is a must)

Processor : Intel preferred ( E8400 anyone?)

RAM : 1x2GB , 1x1GB DDR3 (Kingston/Transcend)

SMPS : Corsair VX450W (I love this badboy)

HDD : Seagate 320GB

DVD writer : (Sony anyone?)

Monitor : 19" (any brand)

Cabinet :

P.S : We live at Chennai

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I need a PC (for a friend) and his budget is around 30k.
??...is it ur need & his budget.....;-)

Motherboard : (Should support DDR3 , so that eliminates my favourite..the ABIT IP-35E. Also, since we don't plan on getting a GPU for now, a mobo with integrated graphics and a PCI-EX slot is a must)
ABIT IP-35E is obsolete now....
get MSI H55 or Gigabyte H-55

Processor : Intel preferred ( E8400 anyone?)
get Core i3 or i5 forget c2d....obsolete...

Cabinet :
NZXT Gamma or CM ELite 310 :)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Assuming it is a general purpose rig which will be used for internet, movies and some amount of gaming, I suggest you go for an AMD config at that budget. I would suggest the following, do give your feedback. I'm suggesting AMD coz op has written Intel preferred and not strictly Intel

AMD Athlon II X4 635 - 5k
Biostar TA785G3 HD - 4k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM - 2.5k
WD Blue 500 GB - 2k
Corsair VX 450W - 3.6k
Cooler Master Elite 310 - 1.3k
Dell 22" Full HD - 8.5k
DVD Writer (any brand you prefer) - 1k

Total - 27.9k (+/-300 is assumed)

you can add a keyboard mouse & speaker within your 30k if you want

Don't go for 3GB RAM, if you want more than 2GB, go for 4GB or 2x2GB to utilise the higher bandwidth of DDR3

I am not good at suggesting Intel options, so if you need Intel, wait for suggestions from others. But I can say that you should not buy Intel core2duo anymore. Athlon II X4 is way better.
And this mobo with its onboard HD4200 IGP & 128MB sideport memory will provide more than decent performance on HD movies and will be capable of running games at low-medium settings depending on how old the game is.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Assuming it is a general purpose rig which will be used for internet, movies and some amount of gaming, I suggest you go for an AMD config at that budget. I would suggest the following, do give your feedback. I'm suggesting AMD coz op has written Intel preferred and not strictly Intel

AMD Athlon II X4 635 - 5k
Biostar TA785G3 HD - 4k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM - 2.5k
WD Blue 500 GB - 2k
Corsair VX 450W - 3.6k
Cooler Master Elite 310 - 1.3k
Dell 22" Full HD - 8.5k
DVD Writer (any brand you prefer) - 1k

Total - 27.9k (+/-300 is assumed)

you can add a keyboard mouse & speaker within your 30k if you want

Don't go for 3GB RAM, if you want more than 2GB, go for 4GB or 2x2GB to utilise the higher bandwidth of DDR3

I am not good at suggesting Intel options, so if you need Intel, wait for suggestions from others. But I can say that you should not buy Intel core2duo anymore. Athlon II X4 is way better.
And this mobo with its onboard HD4200 IGP & 128MB sideport memory will provide more than decent performance on HD movies and will be capable of running games at low-medium settings depending on how old the game is.

excellent config. can go for a 20" for 6.5-7k. & invest the rest of the money in a graphics card or extra ram i.e. 2Gb. also for Intel, one will have to pay more & also their graphics are most hopeless. BAD BAD GRAPHICS.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
My apologies, I should have mentioned the rig's purpose. It's a general purpose rig as Cool Buddy put it.

Thank you for the suggestions Cool Buddy , I'll let him know about the Athlon II X4's performance. Still open to suggestions on Intel processors from anyone else.

@Sam.Shab ,

He already has speakers, so I guess we could squeeze in that extra ram stick as you said.

@KaranTH85,

Thank you for your inputs man. And btw , that rig is indeed for him. I already have one, check my sig :p

Cilus

laborare est orare
For monitor, you can also go for BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.5k.
It is an excellent monitor and has received Digit Best Buy value award in the last month Digit.

Piyush

Lanaya
excellent config. can go for a 20" for 6.5-7k. & invest the rest of the money in a graphics card or extra ram i.e. 2Gb. also for Intel, one will have to pay more & also their graphics are most hopeless. BAD BAD GRAPHICS.
exactly
even 20"screen is sufficient
it has got 1600 x *** resolution

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i would say this--

Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz @ 9.6k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5.1k
Samsung 500GB SATA @ 1.9k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.6k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k
BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor @ 6.5k

Total - 32.7k

Piyush

Lanaya
i would say this--

LG H55N DVD @ 1k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.6k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 32.7k

:lol::lol:
as usual
thats the sign of jas singh
he always exceeds the limit

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yar..he said budget around 30k.
moreover i think if you are getting something better for just some amount more...you should get it.

Piyush

Lanaya
yar..he said budget around 30k.
moreover i think if you are getting something better for just some amount more...you should get it.

actually ur rig was a future proof one
if he can get this,he would be happy for years

he can skip 2gb ram for now if he wants to reduce the cost a lil bit
or he can go for AOC(if he can find one)

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
i would say this--

LG H55N DVD @ 1k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.6k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 32.7k

As far as future proofing goes, that is an excellent config. My friend is willing to stretch his budget for that reason alone. But, I need second opinions on that FSP Saga II psu. Is it comparable to the Corsair VX 450W as far as reliability is concerned?

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It's an excellent config, a 6-core processor PC with monitor for around 30000, unbelievable days these are. The FSP PSU is quite dependable. However, if you want VX450, just skip the 2 GB RAM as RAM prices should fall to half of current level in a year if they follow what happened to DDR2 prices. Also, do check street prices at your place, some people find the prices way below in shops some times, so, you might just get lucky (or in this case, your friend). The advantage of this config is surely what has already been said. If you add a decent DX11 card after 6 months, this config will easily last you for 3 years without any glitches.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Ouch , I just checked local street prices. Some components are a bit more expensive here at Chennai, the X6 proccy costs 11k. The others fluctuate between 500-1200, but everyone thanks for your input. We'll go with this config.

Top Bottom