Need a pair of IEM for 2k or less bucks

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi,
I have Sony Xperia Mini ST15i. I listen to music only on it on the move. Now, the stock earphones are pretty good. But I want something better than that for less than Rs. 2000. (Can't increase it)

I don't understand many of the terms audiophiles used to describe the quality of audio equipment so I will try to state my requirements by telling you guys what kind of music I like to listen to.

I like Metal. My favourite genres are thrash and symphonic metal. I want everything in metal music to stand out. They shouldn't just focus on Bass. I want everything balanced. Metal doesn't sound so good on my stock Sony earphones. One of the primary reasons I am choosing to replace them.

Next, I listen to a lot of classical. Indian and western both. The classical music should sound clear and clean. They are quite good on my stock Sony earphones. So I guess I shouldn't expect much better performance from what I am going to buy.

I hardly listen to Pop music of these days. Also very little Hindi music.

I will buy the earphones from flipkart. This very week if I get good recommendations.

EDIT: Will also buy PowerAMP. :D (Do voodoo patches work on Xperia Mini?)

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sennheiser CX180 Earphone Price India, Sennheiser CX180 Earphone Review, Sennheiser Headphone India - Infibeam.com

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
Get the SoundMagic e30.
SOUND MAGIC IN-EAR E30 With BALANCED SOUND & BASS

That's the best that you can get within 2k.
You may want to spend 290 bucks more and get the Brainwavz M1 from Brainwavz M-1 [M-1] - Rs.2,290.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

Either way, you can't go wrong.
And I don't think you shud choose the cx180. Senny's CX series receive a lot of flak for not sounding good.
I haven't seen a CX(cx 280, cx 281, cx 300 also) series getting more than 5.5 out of 10 by joker in his mega review thread. Whereas e30 and M1 are ranked much higher.

avpradee

Broken In
Opt for Twinwoofer .
Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones
Price on Webmarket is around 1300
Pros: Excellent Bass on mid and high
Cons: 1 M extension cable which might be short

Top Bottom