Need a non-resource hungry browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahratla

Journeyman
I have a 667MHz Cyrix III PC with 256MB RAM using WinXP+SP2 and current using Maxthon 1.1 for my 56KBps dial-up internet browing. The browser hangg very often, especially when multi-tasking or opening more than 4-5 tabs. So, I need a browser that does not need many memories and that supports tab browsing and resume function. It shoudl be small. Please help.

Biplav

In the zone
try opera dude. and reduce the memory on disk and cache in the preferences.
i suppose opera gives the best possible speeds on dial up.

Huzefa

Journeyman
opera is the best u can disable images for text only performance Low on resouces and fast really fast even on a slow conn. U should upgrade ur PC nevertheless.

Charley

Just Do It
I'd like to contibute. R these enough

Nemesis said:
I'm making this a Sticky in the hope that the next time someone wants to start a Browser comparison, they read this first

theraven said:
if this doesn't bring attention to anyone then too bad !
from now on lets try and keep browser wars to minimal to non existent .. and lets all work towards that

THIS ONE HERE

And another one

HERE

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
achacko@dataone.in:
He is not comparing any browers (the thread starter).. just asked about some browser which is not resource hungry.. hope that helps.. Let this thread run...

ujjwal

Padawan
For windows, Opera and K-Meleon are some great options. Also Firefox 1.5 promises to be faster, try it when it is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom