Broken In
This is my setup:

Core2Duo e6850 3.0GHz
4 GB of DDR2 RAM
8800GT 512MB
1 seagate SATA HDD
4 cabinet fans
2 DVD drives
1.44 Floppy (Why do i even keep it? I've installed the same one for my last 3 PCs, and have never even used it!!)
Creative 5.1 Speakers
2 x ADSL routers (for mtnl triband)
23" LCD monitor

Now, what kind of a UPS will I need for such a config?

I am currently using a APC 500VA ups, but that gets overstressed when I'm playing any games, or doing any rendering, or even burning a DVD.

So, should I upgrade to 600VA, 630VA, 750VA, 800VA, 1000VA ?
I have no idea about how to even find out what kind of power my hardware is sucking...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
U have huge configuration........
I think 500 VA is just sufficient for U.
But if U are facing problem with ur UPS..than U can upgrade.

Between wht is SMPS wattage.

cybertragic

Broken In
A 600va UPS should be good enough if you just need it for backup in case of fluctuations or for shutting down when electricity goes. If you want to actually work on backup I think you could go for an inverter based solution with a spikebuster.

One reason you might be facing problems currently is because of the APC UPS. Although APC is an MNC with solid goodwill its 500VA model is just not meant for Indian electric fluctuations. Believe me I had 2 of them at my home/office and kept facing problems all the time as it would not be able to bear the load of my 17" CRT (which shud be equivalent to your 23" LCD in wattage). However I shifted to a Luminous 600VA UPS on one of my comps and all the problems disappeared.

I still keep facing problems on the other APC UPS of restart during fluctuation, switching between mains and battery during low voltage etc., but the Luminous is rock solid. I think you can go for Microtek, Numeric etc also. The problem seems to be with only APC.

OP
T

taurius1

Broken In
Thanks for the prompt replied...
I'll be getting either an APC 630VA or microtech 800VA, depending on the price.

I think have heard companies are equally reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom