Need a new bike..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Do nyone konw whats da problem with XCD? Da company claims very high mileage nd HP. And lokks cool too. Is there ny serious issue with new ognition?

Discover 135 is very gud nd has proven.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
@aravind xcd is a small bike wen seen in real life and is light too.. Ask a local dealer to find out more probs

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
aravind_n20 said:
Do nyone konw whats da problem with XCD? Da company claims very high mileage nd HP. And lokks cool too. Is there ny serious issue with new ognition?

Discover 135 is very gud nd has proven.
its height is small like a luna:D

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Considering that both of you brothers are tall, CBZ Xtreme fits you, really. You can also opt for Honda Unicorn though. But Pulsar is extrmemly capable of the two bikes. I'll definately give my vote to CBZ.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
CBZ rocks babe...as my elder bruder has 125 cc discover..it feels like a khatara with rorty engine..i have 180 DTSi pulsar..that s too gud and balanced but it has rorty engine too..

honda has refined engines........be it unicorn,shine or hero honda's Xtreme

so for best power,refined engine and mileage(48-50) go for CBZ Xtreme

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Pathiks U can go for a Honda shine ...safe make with sturdy build

Xcd .....exceeds the border of Lies.....dont go near this one....this is too cheap just to sell it off.....the remodel will soon be ready soon.....TVS Flame & court tie up...thus delayed

Pulsar ....the old ones rockz the new digital makes sucks....Apache is built for racing & show off....

If u are interested for long drives & mountain places ...better mileage & sturdy build is Honda Unicorn.....

among the older ones Dicover 125 is good ....safe for city drives...
Glamourz & other TVS makes are good vfm....not snazzy but ok

thus choose between Honda Shine & Unicorn...[dont think i am a honda fan ]

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
CBZ Xtreme has tweaked Engine of Unicorn .

Looks suks ass before the old CBZ, Pulsar, Apache ...

------

under your budget-

buy HH Splendour 125 & be happy :D, coz it has the best ergonomics, its the slickest thru city traffic (as its slim).

Bajaj has all the gizmo, like Twin Spark plugs... but it still gives fuel economy as Splendour or other bikes.

but you get Alloys:D

So goto showrooms with you taaaaaaall bro & test ride these bikes, then you two can decide which is more comfortable.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
arre bhai itne replies main to pathiks confuse ho gaya hoga :D

yaar aisa kar ...... pulsar 150, unicorn aur xtreme ki test rides le daal..in teeno main se jo pasand aa jaye wahi le lena

shine ya discover lega to sochega kaash 4-5 k aur daal deta to 150 cc bike aa jati.... :) ..so better choose from unicorn/pulsar/xtreme .........

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Apache 150CC wheel base is lesser than Discover 125CC. TVS never understood the concept of wheel base.
ya. but have you taken the Apache on tight twisty roads or on tight traffic?

then you wont critisize its wheelbase.
take the old pulsar (the first model, shorter wheelbase & round head lamps), take a sharp turn or make a zig zag, the rear end becomes really unstable or will just kick out, now thats called instability.
take a Apache & do the same @ same speed or higher, nothing will happen like that, except you wanting to take that corner at even higher speed.

the new pulsar is not as good as Apache in terms of handling in tight places.

TVS didnt spend sooooooo much of money on R&D on its indigenous bike.

about the instability at high speeds, dunno much bout it, 90% its related to handle(streeing)/fork damping.

shorter wheelbase= retarded RAZOR SHARP handling.

Apache RTR is for the performance seekers, not for ppl who love to cruise.

K

krazyfrog

In your budget you'll get only 125cc bikes. Unfortunately all of them are rather small and would be uncomfortable for tall people such as your brother. Only one 125cc bike is big and that is Yamaha Gladiator. Its also the only 125cc bike to have a 5-speed gearbox along with all the other features like disc brake, alloys and ES. Its an excellent bike. I think you should test it once before deciding. The on-road price for it in Mumbai is 57.7k. (If you want on-road prices for other bikes, i can provide them).

INS-ANI

In the zone
With ur bidget of 55k,
I advice you to go for XCD, which is 125 cc and has power of almost 9
If u can wait for TVS flame( depend on court ruling)... it eems better, 125 c and power 10

and hell if u can increase ur budget... to 62-65k... try pulsar 150,180, Apache RTR160(good bike)
Unicorn 150(nice bike, my choie in 150 cc range, coz style is nt every thing, just ride it and u wil know the diffrence btwn the engines of honda and bajaj, or shld i call it btwn a car and a jeep!
beside unicorn , in a 3 yr long run will be much cheape to maintain and is quite durable.. as the name ays.. honda!
additional..point ti be considered, unicorn has the best resale value.

Wait for the new Honda shine 125cc yt to be launched!

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
The New Honda shine has launched..
btw now it rounds upto
Discover
Gladiator
Shine
Zeus
Pls dont suggest 150cc bikes as they wont fit in my budget..

K

krazyfrog

Zeus is crap. I'll suggest you only consider Discover, Gladiator and Shine. Discover is the best among these but unfortunately is not for tall riders. Shine and Gladiator are taller. Gladiator has the advantage of an extra gear while Shine has a silky smooth engine. You can test ride either and decide for yourself which is better.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
considering 55K

for KMPL Honda shine, much better looking than HH Glamour
for performance Bajaj Discover 125/135

Don't go for Yamaha, lack of spare parts and Bajaj XCD as it's too new and yet to prove itself.

Honda shine will give u peace of mind..

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Wich is low in maintenance costs?? Shine or discover or gladiator?? I m giving the preference to discover as it is a 135cc and has a better mileage than the other two.. Also krazy y is the zeus bad?? Check out the zeus_xcd version.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Yaar itni der mein toh main bike buy karke,use karke yahan bazaar section mein bhi daal deta.Jaldi lo yaar.Phir party bhi deni hai.:D

Edburg

In the zone
I already read that u r not interested in 150cc bikes....

but i was just wondering why u guys havent commented on the new hero honda punk the newest 150cc bike....its has almost same from cbzx but different styling,suspension,tweaks,etc......

*bp2.blogger.com/_QxpmZtfzoIU/RxXpaMP7hvI/AAAAAAAAA3c/10mjhs-h9RU/s400/hunksilverside.jpg

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Lol its the Hero Honda HUNK... not the PUNK :p :D
btw its also way outta my budget so didnt comment on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom