Need a New Android Below 20k

coolgame

Journeyman
hey fellow TDF android users,
I need to buy a good android phone under 20k. i m confused between the S.E. Xperia arc,Samsung Galaxy R,Moto defy+ ,LG optimus 2X and the S.E. Xperia neo V. now my requirement is based on the following
1>how big is it when u hold it in your hand???(should not be as big as the S2)
2>can u put it in your pocket and roam around without the fear of its delicate body getting crushed or feeling uncomfortable when u sit?
3>also if u run only videos on it,how long does the battery last???(a very imprtant aspect)
4>can u take it and roam about in local trains and buses???(this is the main criteria as i need to travel with it to college)
5>also plan to load a lot of apps on it

P.S. i m going to dubai by 10th Jan i have heard that electronics are cheaper there. so 20k is my budget considering the fact that a 20k phone will be at least 4k less over there.correct me if i am wrong.also, please suggest some good shops in Dubai where i can get good deals on computer peripherals and mobiles

thanks a lot guyz!!!

red dragon

Master troll
If you plan to watch a lot of videos on a mobile.....2things are very important
1.screen size(larger the better)
2.various format support with hw decoding

and ofcourse decent battery life.

For me Arc and Neo are out because they do not support mkv and xvid.

So what is left?

Personally I prefer SAMOLED over ips for movies on a small screen.

red dragon

Master troll
None of the above to be honest.
I would have increased my budget a bit and go for GS2,
for video playback,it is the KING!

OP
C

coolgame

Journeyman
no man 20k is in Indian currency.at home i have told parents a 20k phone will be 16k in Dubai.so extending is not an option.so i dont want the best experience.i want a sturdy phone with a good battery life(over a day without videos 1/2 a day with).i am very happy with watching videos on my 5230 which has a good battery life.so display can be sidelined for the moment.

TheLetterD

Will Power
I recommend you wait for another month, as at CES 2012 (Starts Tom.) Sony is going to release successors to the Arc (Arc HD) and Neo (unnamed) and many other phones too. And I THINK they would be available in Dubai sooner than India.
Keep researching the internet for any news on Sony Ericsson phone launches at the CES

S

siddhipatel

There are good option available in many brands like samsung, motorola etc.

Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Samsung Galaxy R, Samsung Galaxy Ace are the option for samsung brand. And Motorola Fire XT, Motorola Defy Plus, Motorola Backflip, HTC Explorer all these are within your budget and android phones.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Try the Sony Ericsson Arc S!
It is Big but it has a very good screen.

The Galaxy R is an amazing phone for its price but it has a SLCD, NOT an AMOLED and it doesnt have a Gorrila Glass screen, so that goes against your point 2

Other recommendations : LG 2X, Neo V, HTC Incredible.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I suggest Neo V.
3.7" screen is sufficient for your needs & media playback format issue can be resolved by using 3rd party video players...

red dragon

Master troll
.... media playback format issue can be resolved by using 3rd party video players...
NO!It can not be resolved with 3rd party players like mobo,mx player etc.
They play xvid/divx/mkv with software decoding..maximum battery loss without HW acceleration.

Solution is there,but they are limited to 2 players only.

1.BS player(free but stutters with some 720p even in GS2)

2.Dice player(hands down the best video player in the market,but it is not free and the dev had some problem with Google,so purchase option was not available,last time I checked)

Last edited:
Top Bottom