Need a MP3 player for my phone

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Hello everyone! I'm currently using a Nokia 5233 and its music player was working fine till I shifted some songs from the 'Downloads' folder to the 'Sound Files' folder. Some songs are missing after that and my music library, which was earlier of nearly 12 hours, is now only of 8 hours.
So, what could be the cause of the problem. Has anyone of you had such a problem before?
Also, please suggest me a good mp3 player for this phone as I am not much satisfied with the Ovi Player built-into this phone.
Thanks in advance :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You need to refresh Music libary.
Open the music player then
options>select refresh music library and wait for some time

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
@thetechfreak - I've done that thrice since shifting the songs but to no avail. :-(

Any suggestions for a good player for all my songs, anyone?

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
Tune Wiki ,find it in the OVI Store for free (free version), with lyrics support and lyrics search features integrated all the way, or TT Pod ( you can very well download it from various forums,a quick search across google will do (The latest version also provides a mini player on homescreen as you minimize it and the player itself has a plethora of skins to its disposal and ample options to pump up the sound quality)

Hail Metal \m/

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Tune Wiki ,find it in the OVI Store for free (free version), with lyrics support and lyrics search features integrated all the way, or TT Pod ( you can very well download it from various forums,a quick search across google will do (The latest version also provides a mini player on homescreen as you minimize it and the player itself has a plethora of skins to its disposal and ample options to pump up the sound quality)

Hail Metal \m/

Thanks a lot Doc.
Tune Wiki is great yet it cannot edit my song details. And for TT Pod, I am usually finding the Chinese version on Google. But I found some links for the English version and would be trying it out soon.

Last edited:

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
Thanks a lot Doc.
Tune Wiki is great yet it cannot edit my song details. And for TT Pod, I am usually finding the Chinese version on Google. But I found some links for the English version and would be trying it out soon.

There is a latest TT Pod English translated version(4.30) which has ID3 tag editing support as well which i came across across some forum:grin:

P.S : M not any doc,that's just a profile handle, I'm a techie (and a management ka baanda by destiny), but more of a musicoholic;-)

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
I've downloaded TT Pod 4.3 En but after installation ot just refuses to start. I've reinstalled it but in vain. What could be the problem and its solution?
@ Dr. Tweaker - I did not actually intend to designate you as a usual Doctor but I meant Dr. Music since you helped me in my trouble with music. ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
Hello everyone! I'm currently using a Nokia 5233 and its music player was working fine till I shifted some songs from the 'Downloads' folder to the 'Sound Files' folder. Some songs are missing after that and my music library, which was earlier of nearly 12 hours, is now only of 8 hours.
So, what could be the cause of the problem. Has anyone of you had such a problem before?
Also, please suggest me a good mp3 player for this phone as I am not much satisfied with the Ovi Player built-into this phone.
Thanks in advance :)
I had, the music library corrupts itself from time to time(on my 5800).

tkin

Back to school!!
@ tkin - So how did you solve the problem?
I take backup and format my phone once a month, that's the only way if memory card itself becomes corrupt(file system).

If the library gets corrupt you can do this:

1. Put phone in Mass Storage mode (its in the settings/connectivity/USB section)

2. Plug in the USB cable and go to Windows Explorer

3. Navigate to the private folder on your phone, search in windows explorer search bar for files starting with:
pcv
mpx
harvesterdb

and delete them all

4. Restart phone after disconnecting usb cable.

Top Bottom