Need a Modem for a BSNL Broadband connection

gameranand

Living to Play
OK....so finally I am able to get a BSNL Broadband connection. Previously BSNL used to give Modem at a rental charge but that has changed and now they are saying that they can provide Modem at 2100 INR which I know would be $hitty at best.
So please Suggest me good modems, other features like Wifi are welcome for me.

Budget - 3000 INR (Lower the better).

I am thinking about this one
TP-LINK TD-W8961ND 300Mbps ADSL2+ Wireless with ModemRouter
however I am not sure whether it would work with BSNL connection or not so please shred some light on that also. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
best adsl wifi modem in my opinion for its price.as for configuration no need to worry.all adsl modems can work with any adsl connection in the world you just have to select vpi/vci values(for bsnl it is 0/35).btw my suggestion is instead of using the cd to configure do it manually as it will be better in the long run.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
So....The one I chose is pretty good, any more suggestions or I should just order it ASAP ??

Would this one Support Windows 8 also ??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
adsl modems like these are standalone devices.they don't need driver install like those usb 3g modems so they are OS independent.

gcbeldar

In the zone
If you change the order then think the below
TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

I myself using, it comes with usb port can be used for storage or Printer, tested with 1tb HDD, ext3 & NTFS supported

*www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w8968-300-mbps-wireless-n-usb-adsl2-modem-router/p/itmdggsyph7ytbfx?pid=RTRDGGQ754BDWH7U&ref=efdaced5-d067-4eb8-abca-7e498ae453af

I myself using, it comes with usb port can be used for storage or Printer, tested with 1tb HDD, ext3 & NTFS supported

rock2702

Padawan
TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

*www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w8968-...WH7U&ref=efdaced5-d067-4eb8-abca-7e498ae453af

Ordered the same from flipkart today via COD.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play

^^W8968 now also support 3gb usb modems(may need firmware update).

Ordered the same from flipkart today via COD.

Thanks guys, you guys replied just in time. Changed the Order to the better one. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
do post a review here especially the 3g usb modem working since currently there are no good detailed reviews for this model.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
How would I update the firmware ?? The download section of that router looks complicated to me, something don't work with something and all. Also do I have to do the firmware updates one by one or just one update of the latest version. Which update should I download ??

Top Bottom