Need a laptop around 26k

iankit3

Right off the assembly line
I am a B-Tech student CSE ! i need a light laptop near 2 kg with good battery backup around 5 hrs ... and i want to use it for more than 4 years so it should have a battery that whose backup doesn't falls very fast !
Pref: it should have a good wifi and at least 256 dedicated graphics !!!Should have a good keyboard (Accutype)!!! ci3 or c2duo preferred or equivalent..
cd/dvd drive,os are not a matter of great concern f

*www.snapdeal.com/product/asus-f501axx187r-laptop-2nd-gen/456753
if its price gets low should i go for it? online or by a shop?

Last edited:

powerstarprince

In the zone
few suggestions,

Dell Vostro 2420 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2202AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1.5GB Graph) vs HP 4445S ProBook (APU Dual Core A6/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

Go for dell vostro 2420, meets all your needs..

OP
I

iankit3

few suggestions,

Dell Vostro 2420 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2202AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1.5GB Graph) vs HP 4445S ProBook (APU Dual Core A6/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

Go for dell vostro 2420, meets all your needs..

Any other option with 5 hrs battery backup,light around 1.8kg ,and with good looks?
Any thing like this Lenovo Ideapad S400 (59-355933) Laptop (2nd Gen PDC-B987/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) (Silver Grey) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal but with good battery backup(5hrs)

OP
I

iankit3

Lenovo S400-59-340453 Notebook (2nd Gen Intel Core i3- 2GB DDR3 RAM- 500GB HDD- DOS- 1GB ATI Seymour XT HD7450 Graphics) (Silvery Grey) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

OR
Asus F501A-XX187R Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB) (White) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Want to play games (new as well as old), get one with 3rd gen Core i3 (heavy but definitely worth it) or AMD A6 (HD 4445S). and if you want sub 2kg laptop, 5hr battery life, good looks, you'll need to double your budget. S400 has one of the slowest processor from Intel (dual core and that also ULV) so forget games, you'll get netbook kind of performance.

OP
I

iankit3

Want to play games (new as well as old), get one with 3rd gen Core i3 (heavy but definitely worth it) or AMD A6 (HD 4445S). and if you want sub 2kg laptop, 5hr battery life, good looks, you'll need to double your budget. S400 has one of the slowest processor from Intel (dual core and that also ULV) so forget games, you'll get netbook kind of performance.

for me gaming means counter strike 1.6 , most wanted ,gta 4 like this!!
so with a 256mb i m comfortable and 512mb is best
Should i go for this ?
Asus F501A-XX187R Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB) (White) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for me gaming means counter strike 1.6 , most wanted ,gta 4 like this!!
so with a 256mb i m comfortable and 512mb is best

CS 1.6 & MS 2005 is run on any laptop but GTA4, this is will need a dedicated graphics card or at least the above mentioned graphics to run.

And 256MB is just memory. we are talking about graphics processor. Even 2GB memory won't help if the graphics processor itself is slow. It'll be same like a Pentium4 processor can't play any modern games irrespective of that amount of ram you add. same applies to graphics processors.

Should i go for this ?

you are paying 29k for a laptop that has an outdated processor, weak graphics, heavy (definitely 2.5kg) just for the looks? this looks like a really bad deal for 29k.

decide between: HP 4445S ProBook OR Dell Vostro 2420 OR Lenovo Essential B480. neither of them are in white and i believe looks is a personal aspect. You feel white looks better (but gets dirty easily. specially fingerprints) but the HP and Dell are business users and have lot better build quality than others. I won't say anything about that particular Asus laptop as i never have seen it.

OP
I

iankit3

NO the processor is not that outdated !! the Asus 501a is 2.01 kg having 6 cell battery having more than 5 hrs backup !! has 4 gb ram
And all the above options have 2 gb ram !!
Then why shouldn't i go for it ! wats the problem with that !! i will not choose the white one
@ sam

CS 1.6 & MS 2005 is run on any laptop but GTA4, this is will need a dedicated graphics card or at least the above mentioned graphics to run.

And 256MB is just memory. we are talking about graphics processor. Even 2GB memory won't help if the graphics processor itself is slow. It'll be same like a Pentium4 processor can't play any modern games irrespective of that amount of ram you add. same applies to graphics processors.

you are paying 29k for a laptop that has an outdated processor, weak graphics, heavy (definitely 2.5kg) just for the looks? this looks like a really bad deal for 29k.

decide between: HP 4445S ProBook OR Dell Vostro 2420 OR Lenovo Essential B480. neither of them are in white and i believe looks is a personal aspect. You feel white looks better (but gets dirty easily. specially fingerprints) but the HP and Dell are business users and have lot better build quality than others. I won't say anything about that particular Asus laptop as i never have seen it.

NO the processor is not that outdated !! the Asus 501a is 2.01 kg having 6 cell battery having more than 5 hrs backup !! has 4 gb ram
And all the above options have 2 gb ram !!
Then why shouldn't i go for it ! wats the problem with that !! i will not choose the white one

Top Bottom