Need a lapton within 30k

masterkd

Padawan
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 30K - 32K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

screen size 14"-16"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Lenovo, Samsung, HP
b. Dislike: Acer, Wipro, HCL

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Browsing, Watching movies (might go up to 1080p), Playing light games(Age of Empires, Torchlight, Diablo)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
1366*768 and above
type doesn't matter until visibility is not affected

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
1. Must not come with windows
2. usb 3.0 port (if possible)

Hrishi

HP G6-2005Ax should be good for your light gaming and will fit in your budget.

Do you want Intel or AMD machine ??

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan

Do you want Intel or AMD machine ??

HP G6-2005Ax comes with Win 7 HB
I was thinking to get one without Windows(better hardware) as I am gonna get a Win 7 as gift

No preference on AMD or intel
whoever performs better gets my money

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

not required actually unless he want to try games like Diablo 3. even Diablo 3 runs fine without a discrete class GPU. get this: Lenovo Essential B480 or HP 2000 2116TU

one advantage of having no discrete GPU is less heat + more battery backup.

Hrishi

not required actually unless he want to try games like Diablo 3. even Diablo 3 runs fine without a discrete class GPU. get this: Lenovo Essential B480 or HP 2000 2116TU

one advantage of having no discrete GPU is less heat + more battery backup.

He can use the iGPU instead of discrete GPU for better battery life , doesn't AMD has something like Nvidia Optimus ??
Although I agree , G6-2005ax can actually become an overkill in GPU power.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
He can use the iGPU instead of discrete GPU for better battery life , doesn't AMD has something like Nvidia Optimus ??
Although I agree , G6-2005ax can actually become an overkill in GPU power.

but one thing i have to agree is at 31k, it is kind of a no-brainer deal. you get A8 quad (equivalent to 2nd/3rd gen i3), better integrated graphics than HD4000, a really fast discrete GPU that is kind of useless for OP ATM (futureproof). more ram, Windows 7 HB (free meal) and lastly within OP's budget.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
I did some amount of going through google and finally decided one of the following
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
My question is does it worth spending 6k more for the later one?
Also do laptop coolers really worth spending ~2k?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I did some amount of going through google and finally decided one of the following
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

either go for 2005AX or 2314AX. with 2313AX all you get is a slightly faster processor not worth the price. if you play games then laptop coolers do come in handy. problem is finding the one that gets perfectly aligned with the intake slots.

PS: 2005AX is discontinued officially.

No need to spend 2k

Cooler Master Notepal D-Lite - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com

No need to spend 2k

*www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-notepal-d-lite/p/itmd9gyc86mkjgch?pid=ACCD9GYC8GMCTESP&ref=bdeb6b08-9a64-4909-a918-c4933cc6978e

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
either go for 2005AX or 2314AX. with 2313AX all you get is a slightly faster processor not worth the price. if you play games then laptop coolers do come in handy. problem is finding the one that gets perfectly aligned with the intake slots.

PS: 2005AX is discontinued officially.
I don't find spending extra money for 2314ax is worthwhile as per my requirement.
2005ax have everything good enough.
I was just looking for a little bit bore juice in the CPU.
So deciding to go for 2005ax

Top Bottom