Need a headphone amp

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Hi guys,

I want an headphone amp for my Sennheiser HD598 under Rs.10,000. Although HD598 are very good standalone headphones but I have heard that the sound can be greatly enhanced with an amp. I want an amp which may not necessarily enhance bass but primarily other aspects of sound like soundstage and instrument separation.

Please suggest one with a good value for money and are available online easily. Are the ones from FiiO good?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi guys,

I want an headphone amp for my Sennheiser HD598 under Rs.10,000. Although HD598 are very good standalone headphones but I have heard that the sound can be greatly enhanced with an amp. I want an amp which may not necessarily enhance bass but primarily other aspects of sound like soundstage and instrument separation.

Please suggest one with a good value for money and are available online easily. Are the ones from FiiO good?
Behringer AMP800 Recording Studio Equipment: Amazon.in: Musical Instruments

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys,

First question is do you want a desktop amp explicitly or would you like a portable one? Since you are willing to pay 10k no need to get a pure amp, rather go for a amp+dac combo.

If you want desktop amp+dac then nothing beats these for value for money: FiiO-Love music,love life,love FiiO! - E10k
eBay: Fiio E10K OLYMPUS2 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier Black Fiio Official Dealer | eBay

If you want a portable one that will also double up as a desktop amp+dac combo: FiiO-Love music,love life,love FiiO! - E17K
eBay: Fiio E17K Alpen 2 Headphone Amplifier Official Fiio Dealer | eBay

This one ups the E17K by offering extra USB OTG Android feature(E17k has this feature but also has compatibility issues with some devices), basically it allows digital audio to be transferred from your android device(with otg option) and then delivers analog audio to your ears, extremely neutral, so if you like warm sound you might feel a bit disappointed, otherwise excellent option: FiiO-Love music,love life,love FiiO! - E18
eBay: *www.ebay.in/itm/FiiO-Kunlun-E18-Po...7?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3aa7b2e235

Based on the highlighted requirement you put above I'd go for E18. While E10k only has desktop option, both E17k and E18 work as dac as well as dac+amp option through usb connectivity that most android devices support and has inbuilt battery.

And as for your final question, FiiO is extremely good, no idea about other companies, but I'd used FiiO before and nothing beats them for vfm.

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Thank you very much guys. Those suggestions are very helpful. I will certainly keep these in mind before buying one.

Top Bottom