Need a Graphics card

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
If you're ok with used cards, there are much better deals out there which are faster but a bit power hungry. Like GTX 560 Ti at 8.2K and Corsair CX 500 V2 at 2.5K. Since you want to be future proof, GTX 560 Ti seems a viable option than HD 7770. As everyone wants a VFM card and at 8.2K, its the best imo.

Check it out yourself. AnandTech | Bench - GPU12

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
If you're ok with used cards, there are much better deals out there which are faster but a bit power hungry. Like GTX 560 Ti at 8.2K and Corsair CX 500 V2 at 2.5K. Since you want to be future proof, GTX 560 Ti seems a viable option than HD 7770. As everyone wants a VFM card and at 8.2K, its the best imo.

Check it out yourself. AnandTech | Bench - GPU12

Thanks but from the posts above i feel hd 7770 is the fastest card my q8400 will not bottleneck...so cant go for the gtx 560 ti...btw where can i find used cards? i saw one gtx 570 used how will that go with the q8400?

Also i just found out that my 9400 gt has 50 watt tdp and the hd 7770 has 80 watt tdp...do i really need to get a new PSU for 30 watts? i know i have asked about the psu multiple times but i am not sure if you guys took the above information into consideration

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
You can check this for used cards : Classifieds For Sale

GTX 570 will go just fine with Q8400... it won't bottleneck your GPU severely.

HD 7770 requires 1 6pin connector and it can easily draw upto 90W from PSU. If you're skeptical for new psu and wish to take risk, get the card and run it for some time.

Also i just found out that my 9400 gt has 50 watt tdp and the hd 7770 has 80 watt tdp...do i really need to get a new PSU for 30 watts? i know i have asked about the psu multiple times but i am not sure if you guys took the above information into consideration

I learned it the hard way after damaging 2 gpu and replaced my local psu at least 3 times. A desi-psu can't deliver even 30W extra watt continuous with clean power for which you've to read the following post. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

According to "Tomshardware"
The power supply is not only one of the most important parts in a PC, it is unfortunately one of the most overlooked. Although most enthusiasts who build their own systems understand its importance, the mainstream PC buyer generally does not. Some that do pay any mind seem concerned only with how many watts of power it is rated to put out (even though no practical way exists to verify those ratings), without regard to whether the power being produced is clean and stable or whether it is full of noise, spikes, and surges.
I have always placed great emphasis on selecting a power supply for my systems. I consider the power supply the foundation of the system and am willing to spend a little extra to get a more robust and reliable unit. The power supply is critical because it supplies electrical power to every other component in the system. In my experience, the power supply is also one of the most failure-prone components in any computer system. Over the years I have replaced more power supplies in PCs than any other part. A malfunctioning power supply not only can cause other components in the system to malfunction, but it also can damage the other components in your computer by delivering improper or erratic voltages. Because of its importance to proper and reliable system operation, you should understand both the function and limitations of a power supply, as well as its potential problems and their solutions.

Last edited:
OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
@ashis i am getting very confused here some people say that it will be bottlenecked and other's say it wont ....even on other forums that is the case i dnt know what to do

i couldnt find the vp450 online instead i found the vs450 from corsair 2.4k.... i hope it is as good i will check in local stores for the card and the psu, but online 8.2k is the lowest i could find for the card

Cilus

laborare est orare
Listen buddy, GTX 560 Ti can't be handled by your Core2Duo. I don't know about others but I do have hands on experience with a E8400+560 Ti combination. The user was so frustrated with low performance due to CPU bottleneck that he bought a i7 2600K within a month. In fact anything over HD 7770 will be bottlenecked by the CPU unless you overclock it bit. Maximum you can try for GTX 650 Ti, no point of getting anything over it unless you have a plan to upgrade CPU sooner.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Listen buddy, GTX 560 Ti can't be handled by your Core2Duo. I don't know about others but I do have hands on experience with a E8400+560 Ti combination. The user was so frustrated with low performance due to CPU bottleneck that he bought a i7 2600K within a month. In fact anything over HD 7770 will be bottlenecked by the CPU unless you overclock it bit. Maximum you can try for GTX 650 Ti, no point of getting anything over it unless you have a plan to upgrade CPU sooner.
That's me but not E8400 but Core 2 Duo E7300 :)

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Overclock your proccy a bit to pair with GTX 560 Ti else get a HD 7770 which should be enough.

IMO your processor doesn't lag behind much and is atmost 10-15% slower than Core i3 2100 ( 2nd gen ).

Check the benches : AnandTech | Bench - CPU

and above all get a healthy psu which shouldn't be neglected.

Last edited:
OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
guys are all psu brands like antec,corsair and cooler master the same quality coz i found some 450 watt psu's which were cheaper than the vp450 like the corsair vs450

Top Bottom