Need a good GPU for 15K~18K

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
I need a good GPU for 15K~18K that should have more than 1GB memory and if possible should be 3d. Can i exactly make use of 3d graphics? If no, then should i buy the MSI R6950 Twin frozr III/OC?

Cilus

laborare est orare
For enabling 3D, you also need a 3D display or 3D LCD TV. Currently all the 3D Monitor available in India support nvidia 3D and starting price is around 20K. Are you ready to pay 20K for the display? if yes then we can start suggesting.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just get MSI R6950 Twin frozr III/OC and be done with it.

We'll talk about 3D after two years or more.

and yea, do post your config.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ IMO if 3D is the main priority then get GTX560ti or 570 or even 580.

Nvidia is much matured in 3D compared to AMD.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strain is also available for your eyes after an hour or so.

No one really games with glasses on. I personally find all these 3D TVs, monitors and movies as gimmicks. Movies are fine sometimes though but really strains.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ even for movies, you put those glasses for more than 1.5hr - 2hrs.

Games are in different league, where you are involving yourself.

Agree with the strain part, but in each video game's read me documents its clearly mentioned take short break & don't play for long time at a shot.

Last edited:

JTdhaval

Broken In
by the way even i am looking for MSI R6950 Twin frozr III/OC not available in primeabgb and smc international and also not available in Mumbai, if anyone knows any where its available, please intimate..

d3p

PowerHouse
by the way even i am looking for MSI R6950 Twin frozr III/OC not available in primeabgb and smc international and also not available in Mumbai, if anyone knows any where its available, please intimate..

You called up SMC & checked the stock or just gone through the SMC's homepage.

Anyway i got the link from SMC only "Click Here"

JTdhaval

Broken In
i asked for complete desktop config through mail and they replied that its not possible to be made available..and website doesn't seem to be updated very often..can you suggest substitute for it..

d3p

PowerHouse
i asked for complete desktop config through mail and they replied that its not possible to be made available..and website doesn't seem to be updated very often..can you suggest substitute for it..

You have to buy these components separately from different shop then.

Where are you located BTW ???

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
Thanks Guys. I'll take the MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III/OC. I'll use a 3D LED TV as my monitor if I have to use the 3D feature.

My System Configuration:
Processor : Intel core i5 2500k
Motherboard : MSI Z68MA-ED55(B3)
RAM : G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL(2 X 4GB)
HDD : Seagate 1TB barracuda 7200.12
PSU : Cooler Master GX-550W
Case : Cooler Master Elite 430

Top Bottom