Need a freeware to match Subs for videos of any format!

pratik385

In the zone
Hi guys,
Many of my friends always complain that subs are not matching with movies and I synced it properly by using SubtitleWorkshop.
But the problem is SubtitleWorkshop only support .avi or simple format not compressed format like .mp4 or .mkv files.
So, please suggest few good freeware which can easily sync subs with movies...

PS: I dont watch movies with subs ON, this is for my friends :D | jokes apart, Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
In VLC, there are an options delay subtitle by pressing g and h we can adjust

Any more suggestions?
this is still not upto mark :/

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi guys,
Many of my friends always complain that subs are not matching with movies and I synced it properly by using SubtitleWorkshop.
But the problem is SubtitleWorkshop only support .avi or simple format not compressed format like .mp4 or .mkv files.
So, please suggest few good freeware which can easily sync subs with movies...

use SubtitleEdit its better than SubtitleWorkshop & supports AVI/MKV files.

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
@ Zang

Dude!
that didnt workout as expected...
when i drag and drop .mkv video it gave me an err that its not supported :/
btw how to change default video player in it to VLC, i tried going to option>video> but the checkbox for VLC is disabled!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Pratik, I tried that editor with mkv files. It worked good for me. I was working with 700MB files.

But, the task is really tough and requires patience.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sublight uses SubtitleEdit engine (just found out). Same interface.

The other day I was trying to fix a subtitle for one episode of House MD. With a struggle of half an hour I was able to sync only 5 mins of audio. Man, this is tough! I dont know how Pratik does it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i remember old days of using subtitle editor but now-a-days it is simply not worth the effort when you can sync subtitles on the fly using player like pot player.usually sync is off by a few milliseconds to a few seconds which you can instantly change by pressing "<" & ">" keys in pot player.also search for subtitles matching video file name to get best possible synced subs.when viewing dvdrip subs with HDTV rips dvdrips usually have faster starting compared to HDTV rips where there is a recap so you can watch the first 2-3 minutes of hdtv rip & then delay the dvdrip subtitle by pressing "<" until the sub matches with audio.once you get the hang of it you will never have to use subtitle editor except in extreme situations(like converting fps but then this is usually valid only for movies).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Pratik did u try it...
I am using SubtitleEdit 3.2.4 which need VLC player 1.1 or above
also its available in portable zip format & install .exe format.
videos sync supported files: mkv,mpeg,divx,vob,avi,asf,wmv,flv,mp4
though u can also import rmvb but videos will not play in sync editor.. :(

The other day I was trying to fix a subtitle for one episode of House MD. With a struggle of half an hour I was able to sync only 5 mins of audio. Man, this is tough! I dont know how Pratik does it.

oh yes...its difficult and depends on the srt u have...sometimes adjusting the starting position will automatically sync the whole subtitle..
but sometimes not coz in between it goes out of sync :|

I remember syncing a 2.5hrs movie from start to end..it was a lot of patience.

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
Sublight uses SubtitleEdit engine (just found out). Same interface.

rhitwick, dude try different subs if possible
I always prefer name which has BDRIP-1080p XD
Its a time consuming job thats why i asked you guys to suggest any other.
I will try SubtitleEdit today damn im getting so lazy these days!!!

Pratik did u try it...
I am using SubtitleEdit 3.2.4 which need VLC player 1.1 or above
also its available in portable zip format & install .exe format.
videos sync supported files: mkv,mpeg,divx,vob,avi,asf,wmv,flv,mp4
though u can also import rmvb but videos will not play in sync editor.. :(

No man i didnt, will try today for sure...
Thanks for version, will download the same one!

Dont have much rmvb files, only Dragon Ball Sagas are in that format and my Friends dont watch Anime :D

BTW:
Sound issue with VLC is resolved now?
Im using the old VLC :)

Update:
No, VLC 2.0.3 is not at all good
sound is so bad :/

Im back with my VLC 1.0.5 GoldenEye :)

mitraark

Decrepit
KMPlayer has nice Subtitle Sync options , Subtitle Resync as well as Subtitle conversion

But mostly , you should rather get the correct version of subtitle for your video from sites like Subscene , addic7ed etc..

Top Bottom